exo / Réseau de transport métropolitain (formerly AMT)

kellergraham

The entire mercredi de l'AMT, today, can be summed up in one sentence....

"Come back in 5-15 years, we'll have a great system then!"

Nothing new for me except for the fact that the new Comet VI Bilevels will be in service as of this fall and there will be 18 of them (3 sets of 6 cars). They haven't decided which lines will get them, but for obvious reasons, not the Deux-Montagnes line

Everyone seems to have gotten the message: It's not Joel's fault, it's not the AMT's fault, it's totally the fault of the Quebec Government who has until recently, neglected public transit.

The PowerPoint / PDF presentation was quite interesting, I'll be grabbing a copy of the website when it's uploaded.

The next Mercredi de l'AMT is on March 4th and will feature the head of CIT Le Richelain talking about the expansion of the CIT network.

Don't have time to comment on what happened to you SMS, but I am indeed sorry that one of us had to go through it yet again.

Whenever I fan nowadays, I more than prepared to tell anyone who tells me to delete pictures or that they are not allowed to go and get themselves stuffed...

Personally I had no problems fanning the Du Ruisseau shuttle, but I will try fanning one time with the same hat you did just to see if I get the same reaction.

On the same topic, and I'm sure someone here will drool over this one:

On my ride home today, I saw a Bell Horizon coach heading east on CV at AN doing the Sunnybrooke Express.

How did I know it was a Sunny Shuttle? Why the destination sign indicated it as such of course "AMT Express SUNNYBROOKE". (Or at least that's what I made out through the snowflakes).

So they have already programmed it into the signs, I wonder if they used the same units everyday for this shuttle.

Please jot down the unit number if you fan any of these shuttles, so that we can keep track of which units are running where.

I wonder if we should have a dedicated thread for these shuttles, where we can post news and sightings.

It would keep it all together and separate from other AMT going-ons, as well as to make it easier to find the archives related to this topic in the future, rather than having to dig through a jumble of other posts or go searching Today's Sightings etc...

On the same topic, and I'm sure someone here will drool over this one:

On my ride home today, I saw a Bell Horizon coach heading east on CV at AN doing the Sunnybrooke Express.

How did I know it was a Sunny Shuttle? Why the destination sign indicated it as such of course "AMT Express SUNNYBROOKE". (Or at least that's what I made out through the snowflakes).

So they have already programmed it into the signs, I wonder if they used the same units everyday for this shuttle.

Please jot down the unit number if you fan any of these shuttles, so that we can keep track of which units are running where.

I wonder if we should have a dedicated thread for these shuttles, where we can post news and sightings.

It would keep it all together and separate from other AMT going-ons, as well as to make it easier to find the archives related to this topic in the future, rather than having to dig through a jumble of other posts or go searching Today's Sightings etc...

Drool.... ;)

I didn't know they had the electronic signs programmed :)

I'm going to create that thread right now.

I'm going to create that thread right now.

Go forth and post:

http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?showtopic=8052

Nothing new for me except for the fact that the new Comet VI Bilevels will be in service as of this fall and there will be 18 of them (3 sets of 6 cars). They haven't decided which lines will get them, but for obvious reasons, not the Deux-Montagnes line

I personnaly didn't knew they planned to build a new bus terminus at Lucien-Lallier.

Can anyone tell me where they are giving out the 50% off coupons? i went to Bois-Franc this morning to pick some up before going to school and there was no one on the quay handing them out.

Take a look at:

http://www.amt.qc.ca/comm/affiche_avisaux.asp?no=699

The Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) informs passengers on the Montréal/Deux-Montagnes and Montréal/Dorion-Rigaud lines that the compensation coupons offering a 50% discount on the March 2009 pass will be made available on two additional days.

These distributions will take place on Tuesday, February 24, and Thursday, February 26, according to the following schedule:

morning rush hour, from 5:45 to 10:00 a.m. at the boarding areas in all stations

from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at Central Station

from 12:15 to 3:15 p.m. and from 5:45 to 9:15 p.m. at Lucien-L’Allier Station

Can anyone tell me where they are giving out the 50% off coupons? i went to Bois-Franc this morning to pick some up before going to school and there was no one on the quay handing them out.

I guess you were unlucky, although I didn't see anyone at Bois-Franc today when I passed by on the train (mind you I did not perform an exhaustive search). I got one at Roxboro-Pierrefonds and this was 9:58 am!

If you end up not finding anyone, you could try calling AMT. It said in The Gazette that if you're away or something when they're handing them out, to call AMT and they'd mail you one.

Has anyone actually gone to get their refund yet? The coupon says I have till the end of April to claim the compensation, so I figure I'll wait a little while; according to the papers, the lines are very long atm.

I guess I'll post my AMT sightings here rather than in "Today's Sightings" ?

Anyways...

Yesterday: NJT 4140 + 3 AMT Comets + 2 NJT Comets. I've been wondering where 4140 went ever since it disappeared from a Vaudreuil line train, and was replaced with 4143 (also a GP40)

Yesterday and Today: AMT 400 with Bombardier Bilevels on the Vaudreuil line. Yesterday they did the 16:40 departure from Lucien-L'Allier (train 21). This is the first time to my knowledge anything that is not an F59 is assigned to the Bombardier Bilevels (with the exception of one of my previous sightings, describing a GP9 at one end of the consist, and an F59 at the other).

Today, Feb 25: AMT 1311 + 605 + Hawker-Siddely 1000 series coaches + A GP9 at the other end! This makes for a particularly interesting photo op, as consists with a locomotive at each end are rare! Maybe we'll see this again tomorrow!

If you end up not finding anyone, you could try calling AMT. It said in The Gazette that if you're away or something when they're handing them out, to call AMT and they'd mail you one.

Has anyone actually gone to get their refund yet? The coupon says I have till the end of April to claim the compensation, so I figure I'll wait a little while; according to the papers, the lines are very long atm.

I just got mine today. I had previously purchased my TRAM 5 at full price at TCV (wanted to avoid the lineups). While waiting for the train at Lucien L'Allier this afternoon, I presented my TRAM 5, receipt and coupon and had the $69 dollars refunded directly to my credit card. I also have a nice little star punched through my card.

Today, Feb 25: AMT 1311 + 605 + Hawker-Siddely 1000 series coaches + A GP9 at the other end! This makes for a particularly interesting photo op, as consists with a locomotive at each end are rare! Maybe we'll see this again tomorrow!

The reason for this was because of earlier problems with the regularly-placed locomotive. At what time did you see this departure?

Is GO Transit lending Bi-level cars to the AMT again? Some GO Transit Bi-level cars were seen crossing the Champlain bridge into Montreal yesterday and another set was seen parked close to Highway 20 next to Boul. des Sources! The source of these sightings is STM drivers from the other board.

Is GO Transit lending Bi-level cars to the AMT again? Some GO Transit Bi-level cars were seen crossing the Champlain bridge into Montreal yesterday and another set was seen parked close to Highway 20 next to Boul. des Sources! The source of these sightings is STM drivers from the other board.

I haven't heard anything yet... But this would definitely be great news!

Highway 20 near Boul des Sources: There's no parking siding there.....

I tried searching the "other" board and didn't find anything.... Can you PM me the URL?

Additional question: Based on the location of the sightings, could this be GO buses?

Alex

I haven't heard anything yet... But this would definitely be great news!

Highway 20 near Boul des Sources: There's no parking siding there.....

I tried searching the "other" board and didn't find anything.... Can you PM me the URL?

Additional question: Based on the location of the sightings, could this be GO buses?

Alex

No there Bi-Level train cars not buses.. The sightings are on page 28 posted today in the 'observation du jour' thread on that board.

The reason for this was because of earlier problems with the regularly-placed locomotive. At what time did you see this departure?

Ah, thank you. :blink: I saw it deadheading towards Lucien-L'Allier at Montreal West at 15:40. Sorry should have specified before.

Just a little question, what's the other board?

Metrodemontreal.com/forum ;)

No there Bi-Level train cars not buses..

In fact, I would assume they would be GO buses, since it's the Victoria bridge which CN trains pass on, and the GO bilevel was spotted on Champlain :)

In fact, I would assume they would be GO buses, since it's the Victoria bridge which CN trains pass on, and the GO bilevel was spotted on Champlain :blink:

After re-reading, I can see that Steve meant buses. It's just threw me off when he mentioned "bilevel cars" and "again"

Someone on the Montrain.ca group mentioned that he saw a Double Decker GO Transit bus parked in someone's driveway on Herron Street (A-20 service road) but that he'd often seen buses parked there before....

Alex