What are you eating right now?

My friend Mary from the pool brought me some home made Lasagna and some blueberry scones from Cobs bakery .  There was enough that I had some for breakfast, lunch and supper today. Now gotta swim some extra laps on Monday, LOL.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to go back to one of my favourite standby winter dishes and made roast chicken thighs on top of sweet potatoes in a cast iron pan.  If I knew the rain wouldn’t be here yet I would’ve barbecu

Tonight it’s a simple, easy hotdog barbecue using the bite left at the bottom of the bag of charcoal I really finished off last night. There was an unexpected bit of foam on the way to get

Do you THINK we want your immature jokes?

Posted Images

Lunch Sandwich - Camembert cheese from Paddy's Cheese, Jalapeno & Cheddar Smokie from Ben's  Meat & Deli, and mixed greens from Sprout's Urban Farm. Dessert - Rainier Cherries and Raspberries from 'Steve & Dan's BC Fruit' and Haskap Berries (aka Fly Honeysuckle) from Rosy Farms. The Haskap berries are the hearty Northern cousins of the tropical Acai berry.

IMG_4408.JPG

IMG_4406.JPG

Not to be a buzzkill, but we’ve had cases over here where “farmers” have done nothing more than removed the plastic bags from wholesale supermarket produce and sold it at farmer’s markets claiming to be “local”. Good for a public shaming, but no legal ramifications in Ontario. It’s buyer beware over here.

Several legit farmers were actually kicked out of the Peterborough market after blowing the whistle on the racket, and going to the press with it last summer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/farmers-markets-lies-marketplace-1.4306231

https://globalnews.ca/news/4181485/vendors-booted-peterborough-farmers-market/

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend Mary from the pool made me a 'heat 'n' eat' meal from her pot luck leftovers. A two compartment container, one side with rice and Ukrainian meatballs with mushroom gravy, and the other compartment with butter chicken. YUMMY

I fixed myself a box of Kraft Dinner using microwave cooking; however found it much more time-consuming than on the stovetop as I had no hot water and had to heat up tap water on the stove first. Oh, and I chopped and threw in some avocado, for goodness sake...

IMG_20180727_160108.jpg

Anyways, our household barely uses microwave cooking, only to heat up food. Glad we never paid the extra costs for Panasonic's Inverter feature as we only cook on high power.

• 2 weeks later...