What are you eating right now?

Craving Mexican food for some strange reason.  Went to El Mariachi for lunch.  Had Beef Enchilades covered in bean sauce with side of rice and guacamole. It was delicious (sorry photo didn't turn out due to poor lighting). Place was surprisingly busy, in a social distancing way (every second table closed).

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to go back to one of my favourite standby winter dishes and made roast chicken thighs on top of sweet potatoes in a cast iron pan.  If I knew the rain wouldn’t be here yet I would’ve barbecu

Do you THINK we want your immature jokes?

Tonight it’s a simple, easy hotdog barbecue using the bite left at the bottom of the bag of charcoal I really finished off last night. There was an unexpected bit of foam on the way to get

Posted Images

Just had lunch with a swim pal at El Mariachi Restaurant. I had Enchilada and she had tacos. Didn't get good pics of the food b/c my phone camera doesn't do well with indoor lighting. Got some decor shots. Interesting light fixtures.

Photo2964.jpg

Photo2966.jpg

Photo2967.jpg

I just a bit ago had The Works omelette (broccoli substituted for dried out over-cooked bacon) from Our Kitchen Restaurant. I was soort of celebrating a car repair that I thought would cost mega-bucks but was only ten dollars! :D The brake lights were on continuously and would drain the battery; it was just a little plastic part on a switch that was replaced with metal bolt. The car is a 2005 with 186,100 miles on it; all but about 30 put on by yours truly.

Just ordered a 10 piece bucket of KFC with an additional drumstick. Just to cross the $25 threshold so I can use my $10 coupon from UberEats.

Though the $2.99 delivery fee plus the other fees and taxes pretty much brings the cost back to just under $25. I still have another three coupons left which are valid until October 1st by 2 AM. There is another version which the threshold is $35 to get the same value off ($10) which expires by August 31st.

I think people want to spend less money to receive a discount/benefit rather than more. At the same time, I do stretch out the pieces over a few days to maintain freshness. 

Roasted half chicken, roasted baby potatoes, country style gravy, and some Nacho-style roasted baby potatoes from Northern Chicken. Will have some left over for supper later.  Also had a Blueberry Passion Fruit beer while I waited for my take out order.. That was delicious.

IMG_5150.JPG

IMG_5151.JPG

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

Three different kinds.  Medium Italian, honey garlic, and New Orleans.

Those look delicious. A bit of char on the outside, and I bet a nice juicy squirt when bitten into ♥

Quick lunch of cheese and tomato sandwiches. Supper, a salad with greens, baby tomatoes,  crispy onion bits and bacon bits tossed in blue cheese dressing topped with grated three cheese blend and Macedonian Feta cheese. And a home made Smoothie for dessert.

IMG_5153.JPG

IMG_5154.JPG

IMG_5156.JPG

• Like 1
On 8/30/2020 at 8:52 PM, captaintrolley said:

Those look delicious. A bit of char on the outside, and I bet a nice juicy squirt when bitten into ♥

That’s exactly how they turned out - they were great!

0C940EC9-415B-409D-930B-C4D379ADCDA6.thumb.jpeg.00262bb1b90b25ffd80ace05f7ccee7d.jpeg

298997B6-48E5-4957-93C4-62C0C2FFC776.thumb.jpeg.3b61e86aa0283e7531bbeccfa3c18f26.jpeg

Tonight I used the regular size $100 Kijiji Gourmet Cooking Station to cook a package of chicken thighs, a bunch of sweet potatoes, and some garlic bread at the end so I’d have meals for the next couple of days.  The heat’s returned so I don’t want to cook indoors and this kept all the hot work outside plus made good use of a load of charcoal which is important given how hard it is to buy it these days.

9EA1C5A3-F22B-42E7-8837-3D0C7CE4EDDB.thumb.jpeg.adec57e0dd0b6d4786f71f9a254e301e.jpeg

Dinner.  Then bed.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

I just realized the frank’s red hot and maple syrup are awesome together.

What is it good with? I've tried Mayo and ketchup together with pogos and hot dogs and it's really good. Hell, I'm not sure if they still make it but Heinz actually made a mayo-ketchup bottle for awhile! I assume they made their way out the door like cheeseburger doritos or just not many places carry them anymore :).

00013000012409_A1L1.JPG?id=9e08d7412d46c

• Like 1