CPTDB Wiki was recently upgraded! It is unavailable to edit while we sort out character encoding issues for our French pages. Please report any other issues here.

Kenster102.5

What are you eating right now?

On 7/26/2019 at 4:02 PM, captaintrolley said:

Nasi Goreng - A spicy Indonesian rice dish.

Hmmm, I read that as something else on first glance!:huh:

Oh boy!  My friends and I are having some killer pulled pork sandwiches in my back yard.

11 hours in the smoker. You know your pork shoulder is ready when it totally falls apart when you try to lift it off the smoker’s grill before you even set into it with the bear claws.  Thankfully one of the friends was right there with the Pyrex baking dish otherwise a good chunk of it would’ve landed on the ground.  That would’ve been heartbreaking after cooking for about 12 hours all told.

This pork is amazing!

FAF29529-C98C-4A51-A5F9-2C19AD034742.jpeg

FF413781-150D-489C-AED5-E2D08573C936.jpeg

FE5B8FD5-4282-49CA-91FF-C394D565DD1A.jpeg

0623F7D9-E0E1-40BC-BFCC-1F3821CEDF8A.jpeg

• Like 2

Marconi & Cheese Scrambled Eggs on a bun with thinly sliced Gouda cheese. Doesn't look like much but was very tasty.

IMG_4743.JPG

Took Ashton out for lunch at Tony Roma's. I had the Beef Ribs with a side of 'Country Style Ranch Beans' and a Baked Potato. I had two ribs leftover to take home for supper tonight.

Photo2652.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 4:41 PM, captaintrolley said:

Took Ashton out for lunch at Tony Roma's. I had the Beef Ribs with a side of 'Country Style Ranch Beans' and a Baked Potato. I had two ribs leftover to take home for supper tonight.

Photo2652.jpg

You still have Tony Roma’s in Edmonton?   All the ones near me closed up about 10 years ago.  I think there might still be one in Mississauga near the Toronto airport and there’s for sure one in London on Wellington Rd. not far from the 401 but it’s known not to be very good.

Right now, there are four of us in my back yard gathered around the fire pit totally stuffed from eating these beautiful beef brisket sandwiches.  That’s one of the guys I play football with giving his stamp of approval.

AC9D4602-6569-423B-A61A-F53433173A4B.jpeg

5362B809-1A2D-4332-86CE-A8BA0B42E12F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wayside Observer said:

You still have Tony Roma’s in Edmonton?

There's about 6 or 7 Tony Roma's here, and one in Sherwood Park.

Not really a fan of Moosehead beer, but the Moosehead Cherry beer wasn't too bad, so a pint of that, and some El Dorado pizza from BP for lunch. Sorry for the fuzzy photos, my phone doesn't like indoor lighting.

Photo2665.jpg

Photo2666.jpg

• Like 1

Finally decided to try using SkiptheDishes while being on vacation.

Perogies, Bacon wrapped Jalapenos and a Buffalo Chicken Poutine from The Canadian Brew House with Pepsi & Fireball to wash it down.   

• Like 1

I kept things simple for this post-midnight shift treat.

Corn on the cob and an Angus ribeye steak which I’m about to dig into after the steak rests a little bit more.  It’s recovering from being blasted over some hot maple hardwood charcoal and I don’t want to cut into it too early only to have all the juices run out.

Adulthood has its responsibilities but dammit, it has its privileges too!

59302128-CF22-49C7-AB05-684DA70D495C.jpeg

• Like 2