Kenster102.5

What are you eating right now?

Pulled Smoked Brisket of Beef 'Benny' on Hash Browns at Tiramisu Bistro for brunch.

Supper is a Chicken Caesar Salad and a left over beef rib from yesterdays lunch.

Dessert is a dish of Rainier cherries that I bought at the Farmers Market today.

Photo2610.jpg

IMG_4699.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Just finished eating a California Roll from Coop.

Where are these maki-laying chickens you speak of?

• Haha 2

I want to write a book where every day is centred around one of Captain Trolley's posts here. Basically just a collection of 2000 short stories.

Can't decide how to write it though...

On 1/13/2009 at 11:40 PM, captaintrolley said:

Suicide Cereal. (Yup ~ Grape Nuts). (Sucker for punishment). :D

On 1/14/2009 at 11:32 PM, captaintrolley said:

UGH.......Must....finish......evil.......cereal.........

Suicide cereal. Not my favourite thing to eat, of course, but it was the only thing the mini-mart in the corner of my mid-’70s apartment had in stock. Ten short years ago, it seemed like there were endless opportunities to buy my favourite cereal (which is Vector, of course). Starting with the Fas-Gas a block down the street, every store in a ten-block radius went the way of the trolleys. I liked to compare the Capital line to that mini-mart: the last good thing in the city. Did I want the cereal? No. It was just the only thing the mini-mart had to offer, and I barely had the willpower to keep it down.

1 hour ago, GrandeWest_B35G said:

Suicide cereal. Not my favourite thing to eat, of course, but it was the only thing the mini-mart in the corner of my mid-’70s apartment had in stock. Ten short years ago, it seemed like there were endless opportunities to buy my favourite cereal (which is Vector, of course). Starting with the Fas-Gas a block down the street, every store in a ten-block radius went the way of the trolleys. I liked to compare the Capital line to that mini-mart: the last good thing in the city. Did I want the cereal? No. It was just the only thing the mini-mart had to offer, and I barely had the willpower to keep it down.

I love the taste of Grape Nuts ... it's when it emerges from the other side of the abyss ... like birthing pine cones. OUCH !!! There should be a warning label on it. My first box of grape nuts was so tasty, I had two extra helping. Not a smart move on my part..

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Grapefruit Beer?? vomit-in-paper-bag-smiley-emoticon.gif

Also known as a radler or a shandy, it is a fruity beer, often a light beer mixed with a citrusy fruit. Very refreshing.

ci-rickards-grapefruit-radler-f35f455b424eb874.jpeg

• Like 1

Just came back from brunch at Tiramisu. I had a Spaghetti Benny and a pint of Prairie Fairy ale by Sea Change brewery. Very tasty.

Photo2632.jpg

Photo2633.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Also known as a radler or a shandy, it is a fruity beer, often a light beer mixed with a citrusy fruit. Very refreshing.

Now that you mention "shandy" it rings a bell. I have had lemon shandy and like it so I guess that grapefruit would not be so bad.

• Like 1

I just finished a week of midnight shifts.  I'm exhausted.  It's too hot to cook inside and it's storming outside.  So, I did something unusual and got takeout.  I decided to get Kentucky Fried Chicken since I haven't had that in ages and apparently the local franchise has slid downhill and crashed at the bottom.  This chicken is terrible.  It's got a nasty burnt and metallic taste to it that drowns out the flavour of the batter.  I'm almost willing to bet their fryer oil is past due for replacement and I bet they're using plated baskets with the plating that's gone missing.  Awful.  The next time I want fried chicken, I'm going back to the local Popeyes.

Not eating but rather drinking some tea my mom brought back from China. Apparently, the box (1kg) cost $400. The cup was free, though.

20190707_120130.jpg

This Sunday’s barbecue is peppercorn steaks, corn on the cob, and stuffed mushrooms.

I’m definitely doing the peppercorn sauce again. It turned out beautifully.

4F049493-264E-4E73-9A70-6956E0C893A4.jpeg

40646581-0663-43F5-92F9-B2877FB77679.jpeg

• Like 1