Kenster102.5

What are you eating right now?

2,144 posts in this topic

Couple fried eggs on toasted Russian Rye Bread.

Trying to beat the heat.  A Very Berry Protein Smoothie. Cold, Thick and Delicious..

IMG_4034.JPG

Have some tomatoes that need using up, so Tomato and Mayo on toasted Russian Rye for breakfast...

IMG_4036.JPG

1 person likes this

I just finished some homemade (not by me, it would be inedible!!<_<) beef stroganoff and a Asian chicken wrap from Walmart.

Appetizer: Baby Kale and Spinach Salad

Main: Fried Eggs on toasted Russian Rye Bread

Dessert: Fruit plate.

Hey Cap'n,

We seem to be the main crew on this ship!:wacko: So, heave up the anchor and let's eat!!

I just finished some Italian sausage with chili beans and corn. My only complaint: I wish that I had saved some for tomorrow!:(

1 person likes this

Looks like we are the crew, with a handful of stowaways lurking here.. :lol:  Meet you in the galley...

1 person likes this

*Caesar* salad - Green-leaf lettuce, croutons,  tomatoes, red onion, grated Parmesan, crumbled Blue Cheese, calorie-wise Caesar dressing.

IMG_4038.JPG

1 person likes this

Just finished an Asian Chicken Bistro wrap from the Walmart deli. Actually quite good; especially for a quick launch.

Fried eggs on toasted Russian Rye, sprinkled with a personal salt-free seasoning blend.

IMG_4039.JPG

1 person likes this

Deluxe Caesar Salad (garnished with a crap ton of sliced avocado)

And, a Very Berry protein smoothie for dessert.

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4044.JPG

1 person likes this

Just got back from UMI, a local Japanese restaurant where I had fried scallops with the house fried rice. Very good, filling (no dinner tonight!), and reasonable (around $12.00US with tip). I will go back. I have lived here for two years and this was my first visit. The reason we went? We planned on Subway but they were closed (1215P? closed??) and UMI is right next door so in we went.

Subway closed at 1215hrs ?!?!?!  Probably afternoon shift didn't show up.

I had some fresh cheese and veggie sandwiches. I used some of that Kraft Sandwich Spread.  I haven't had that for decades. Not sure why I bought it, I think I prefer to use straight mayonnaise instead. Anyhow, I made a couple sandwiches, wrapped one up for lunch tomorrow.

IMG_4045.JPG

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Subway closed at 1215hrs ?!?!?!  Probably afternoon shift didn't show up.

When I got there, there were a bunch of cops milling about, I thought that something bad went down; A few minutes later they all trooped over to UMI and went in; nothing bad, they just met for lunch. Apparently the morning shift never showed up. Oh well, UMI was just as good (maybe better) and no more costly.

1 person likes this

Hungry after swimming... Tossed Green Leaf Lettuce salad with 3 Diamond Dressing.. plus the usual ingredients.

IMG_4046.JPG

1 person likes this

Lunch: Fried eggs on Mountain Grain Bread. Garnished with my own blend of herbs and spices.

Supper: Green Leaf Salad with conventional tomatoes instead of those little ones. 3 Diamond Dressing ... yum..

IMG_4048.JPG

IMG_4049.JPG

2 people like this

On 7/19/2017 at 7:33 PM, captaintrolley said:

...snip... with 3 Diamond Dressing ...snip...

What is "3 Diamond Dressing"? I do not think that I have heard of it before.

2 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

What is "3 Diamond Dressing"? I do not think that I have heard of it before.

Google is your friend.  It is made in Osoyoos BC at the Diamond Steak and Seafood Restaurant.  Hand made in small batches.  It is to die for. Safeway and Sobeys have started to carry it.  (It has its own FaceBook page too)

https://www.thriftyfoods.com/about-us/products-we-love/we-pick-bc-first/three-diamond-dressing

17457947_896091873863027_969838590899795376_n.jpg.98852943795af022c598a723d4e82a1f.jpg

As a side note - as I was searching Google Images for an image of Three Diamond Dressing, I noticed a whole ton of my food pics on Google Images. LOL.

Green Leaf salad garnished with tomatoes and fresh SMOKED BRISKET..

IMG_4051.JPG