What are you eating right now?

Kenster102.5

• 2 weeks later...

Went to BP to purchase a $50.00 gift card for son and family. When you purchase it at BP (as opposed to a retailer that sells a verity of cards), you get a $10.00 bonus gift card. So did that and sprung for a Carbonara Pizza (it's one of six items on their Holiday Menu). I asked for thin crust, but it was a bit denser than I remember it being. Overall not bad, a bit dry.

Alfredo base, cubed chicken, bacon, some green things, Parm cheese.

Photo3478.jpg

• Like 1

Short dated pasta sauce to which I added leftover mushrooms from the other night plus short dated sausage, on top of some boxed pasta that’s who knows how old.

205D0CE7-74B5-481D-8221-A706E54CDC46.thumb.jpeg.4ad340932477e3235c43cd59a726ac36.jpeg

The only thing on that plate that’s truly fresh is the bread for the garlic toast.  All in all, it turned out great.  This should keep me going through another night if flogging useless electrons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Sourdough bread, chipotle mayonnaise, brie, and gruyere cheese, genoa salami, prosciutto, arugula, banana pepper rings and artichoke.

Wow, that's quite the comprehensive grilled cheese sandwich.  I was wondering how a grilled cheese sandwich got to being regularly priced at $13.98 even with inflation the way it has been but it makes much more sense considering the ingredients list.

I'm having a barbecue at my place today because I stopped in at one of the local indpendent grocery stores yesterday after I finished my last midnight shift and saw they were selling back ribs that were short dated at prices that were downright reasonable along with chicken drumsticks.  So, discounted short dated back ribs and chicken legs, a day off, clear weather to fire up the smoker, it's time to have a barbecue.

I've noticed I've been buying a lot of short dated food to try and balance staying ahead of food price inflation but not have the effort backfire by having anything go bad in the fridge before it can be cooked.  The chicken and ribs have a best before of tomorrow which is why I'm cooking them today to err on side of caution.

I don't know what 2023 is going to bring but I'm not optomistic.

• Like 1