What are you eating right now?

Kenster102.5

Lunch: Wild Game Smokie (either Bison or Deer I can't remember) from The Butchery by RGE RD.  With a couple of cream cheese wedges and coarse Dutch Mustard.

Supper: Greek Salad on a bed of fresh cress marinated overnight in Sweet Onion Vinaigrette dressing.  Some bits of pulled chicken breast and smoked roast beef for protein.

PB100001.JPG

PB100001.JPG

• Like 1

Despite the crap weather I did manage to get outside and trudge through the drifts to my coffee shop.  On the way home a bus stopped for me, and although I wasn't headed west I figured I will take it one stop because it might be easier to cross over at the main intersection.  Since I ended up close to Northern Chicken, I popped in for lunch.  I hadn't been there in ages, they just started in person dining along with the vaccine passport program.  So I had their 'Sloppy Cluck' (new menu item) Chicken Tender on a buttermilk biscuit with gravy & peas and baby potatoes.  It was yummy, but a bit much, no room for the biscuit.  If I do order it again, I will decline the biscuit. (sorry for crap cell phone photo)

Photo3220.jpg

CF23AC15-8010-47C1-A184-81E58A6A4633.thumb.jpeg.21f8bfe074d642c855cc1eac9fe25c37.jpeg

5CA704A8-53D8-4395-9103-AA32159343B8.thumb.jpeg.91ac9691c41d9ce87d3c1c20e5356d75.jpeg

039A9FB2-E88D-477C-884F-DCC8D22B6001.thumb.jpeg.9ae3aa0013f3f96cbc7e7d5c8bf147f4.jpeg

None of my American friends cook. None.  Zero.  That was a week of restaurant meals.  It was nice not cooking and cleaning, and I had a lot of nice meals but you tire of restaurant food after not too long, at least I do, but I guess that’s not true if the friends who don’t cook.

I ended up eating frozen food the first day I was back and ended up getting through most of today on snacks, which means these burgers are the first cooked from scratch, home made, non-restaurant food in over a week.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Wayside Observer said:

None of my American friends cook.

I'm not big on cooking myself.  I do lots of salads, smoothies, wraps and stuff that is more assembled than actually cooked.  I do get a good variety and opt for healthy choices. As strange as it may sound, I enjoy meat but can't stand the smell of it cooking, unless it's on the BBQ, but alas I have no BBQ. I do eat out once a week or so. My room mate doesn't really cook either, but her choice of food is junk food, chips, chocolate, cake and pepperoni sticks, and copious amounts of beer.  I don't see how she is still alive. I'd be dead after a week of that garbage.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

I'm not big on cooking myself.  I do lots of salads, smoothies, wraps and stuff that is more assembled than actually cooked.  I do get a good variety and opt for healthy choices. As strange as it may sound, I enjoy meat but can't stand the smell of it cooking, unless it's on the BBQ, but alas I have no BBQ. I do eat out once a week or so. My room mate doesn't really cook either, but her choice of food is junk food, chips, chocolate, cake and pepperoni sticks, and copious amounts of beer.  I don't see how she is still alive. I'd be dead after a week of that garbage.

Actually, I remember my mother always used to say she loved the smell of coffee brewing but couldn't stand the taste of it.  It's interesting how that works where one can enjoy the taste but not the smell or vice versa.  It sounds like your roommate has the diet of a teenager except the difference is, with their fast metabolisms, teenagers can get away with it.  I remember being able to do that but I know I sure can't anymore.  It sure can't be healthy for her either at her age.

As for the American friends, it's no wonder they all have weight issues.  They eat at restaurants two or three meals a day, they drive everywhere, and they get no physical activity except for the ones who volunteer at trolley museums.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wayside Observer said:

As for the American friends, it's no wonder they all have weight issues. 

I take the bus everywhere which involves some walking and I swim three times a week and still have weight issues.  Although I think that is more due to a wonky metabolism because of sleep issues, and 'middle age spread'.

A neighbor invited me over for some home made soup last night and gave me some to take home as well.  It's a vegetable soup, but I added some chicken from the rotisserie bird that I bought on Saturday.  I also livened it up with a few extra spices.  And, since I had the chicken out, I assembled a Chicken & Brie wrap with tomato, lettuce and some hot salsa on a Cheesy Jalapeno tortilla shell.

soup.JPG

wrap.JPG

• Like 1