Jump to content

YRT Retirements


Recommended Posts

547 was out on the 21 this AM. Not sure if it was a change-off for another unit (I seem to recall checking earlier and seeing 709 in its place with 507 as the other unit, but I could be wrong). It's also been re-plated and sports a new high license plate: 220 5BK.

Haven't seen one out in SW territory in a long while, but I suppose if they really needed a spare bus...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, D. DeLarge said:

547 was out on the 21 this AM. Not sure if it was a change-off for another unit (I seem to recall checking earlier and seeing 709 in its place with 507 as the other unit, but I could be wrong). It's also been re-plated and sports a new high license plate: 220 5BK.

 

Haven't seen one out in SW territory in a long while, but I suppose if they really needed a spare bus...

546 and 623 also returned to service. Those units went 560/561 yesterday.

I think this is because they experiencing fleet shortage on community bus routes(they only had two 30ft and two arbocs so if they are not available, they had to bring regular 40ft into service). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New plates on reactivated previously retired units (all verified):
546: 220 4BK
547: 220 5BK
623: 220 6BK

With the bunch of units sold off recently, that leaves 550, 554, and 619-621 stored out of service or retired without disposition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, D. DeLarge said:

New plates on reactivated previously retired units (all verified):

546: 220 4BK

547: 220 5BK

623: 220 6BK

With the bunch of units sold off recently, that leaves 550, 554, and 619-621 stored out of service or retired without disposition.

554 Was at Can-ar with discommissioned position few month ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

I was gonna say.. The 03 LF deaths begin. Is there a timeline in when they will retire though?

This unit is retired advance due to fire.

All units underwent life extension between 2013 and 2015 and YRT is expecting D40LF to last 18 years. so can not say rest of this series will retire at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think D40LF 333 might be pooched, it hasn't shown up out in service for a good while now. 546, 547 and 623 likely done as well, as those have been MIA over the past little while (I suspect retired when the other remaining 500's were).

EDIT: after a good long absence, 333 appears to be back in service (as of March 13th).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, D. DeLarge said:

I think D40LF 333 might be pooched, it hasn't shown up out in service for a good while now. 546, 547 and 623 likely done as well, as those have been MIA over the past little while (I suspect retired when the other remaining 500's were).

I emailed YRT about availability of the 5XX and 6XX EZ Rider IIs a few weeks ago (was hoping to do a charter). They informed me that the remaining 3 units are now retired.

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

https://york.bidsandtenders.ca/Module/Tenders/en/Login?tenderId=9f79e24c-ec8e-4143-af84-327a200c3fa6&Url=https%3a%2f%2fyork.bidsandtenders.ca%2fModule%2fTenders%2fen%2fTender%2fTerms%2f9f79e24c-ec8e-4143-af84-327a200c3fa6

 

It sells all remaining 541-570, 619-623 series except 550, pulled up for special propose. As well as all mobility plus 2011 arbocs, which are removed from service since Fall 2018.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Some recent updates from the field:

Found out from a bus driver that 2005 Van Hool AG300s 201 and 221 have retired, he had also confirmed this with management at BRT Division

Also from another source at Southwest: 202, 205, 208, 209, 211, 213, 216 and 219 are now retired

EDIT: All Southwest AG300s are retired

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

At least two ex YRT AG300s are being used as part of a drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination at Canada's Wonderland.

203 was visible from news footage; during a Twitter video a couple weeks ago, 222 was also visible.

The buses appear to be penned in by concrete barriers, so they're gonna be stuck there until the clinic is finished.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2021 at 7:25 PM, Articulated said:

203 was visible from news footage; during a Twitter video a couple weeks ago, 222 was also visible.

The buses appear to be penned in by concrete barriers, so they're gonna be stuck there until the clinic is finished.

I went by Wonderland earlier but stuck close to Jane Street. I identified one of the other buses as #210. I don't know the 4th bus' number or which of the buses facing away from Jane is 222.

Edit: I did a little more research and found out the number of the fourth bus is 217. It appears the buses are from South to North: 203 (facing East), 222 (Facing West), 210 (Facing East) and 217 (Facing west)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Wonderland reopened in early July, so chances are those plans were communicated to York Region well ahead of time, giving them enough time to close up the Wonderland drive-thru site in mid-June.

Someone on another forum reported two of the Wonderland units, 210 and 217, popped up at another vaccination site in Vaughan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 1:48 AM, D. DeLarge said:

Wonderland reopened in early July, so chances are those plans were communicated to York Region well ahead of time, giving them enough time to close up the Wonderland drive-thru site in mid-June.

Someone on another forum reported two of the Wonderland units, 210 and 217, popped up at another vaccination site in Vaughan.

There's a Van Hool vaccine bus parked on Rutherford just east of Islington.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, York Transit said:

There's a Van Hool vaccine bus parked on Rutherford just east of Islington.

There’s two there: 210 by the road, and the other 217 is buried behind the school partially blocked by a tent. There is security on site though, watching during off-hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...