YRT Retirements

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

I was gonna say.. The 03 LF deaths begin. Is there a timeline in when they will retire though?

This unit is retired advance due to fire.

All units underwent life extension between 2013 and 2015 and YRT is expecting D40LF to last 18 years. so can not say rest of this series will retire at this point. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think D40LF 333 might be pooched, it hasn't shown up out in service for a good while now. 546, 547 and 623 likely done as well, as those have been MIA over the past little while (I suspect retired when the other remaining 500's were).

EDIT: after a good long absence, 333 appears to be back in service (as of March 13th).

On 3/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, D. DeLarge said:

I think D40LF 333 might be pooched, it hasn't shown up out in service for a good while now. 546, 547 and 623 likely done as well, as those have been MIA over the past little while (I suspect retired when the other remaining 500's were).

I emailed YRT about availability of the 5XX and 6XX EZ Rider IIs a few weeks ago (was hoping to do a charter). They informed me that the remaining 3 units are now retired.

• Sad 3

• 7 months later...

https://york.bidsandtenders.ca/Module/Tenders/en/Login?tenderId=9f79e24c-ec8e-4143-af84-327a200c3fa6&Url=https%3a%2f%2fyork.bidsandtenders.ca%2fModule%2fTenders%2fen%2fTender%2fTerms%2f9f79e24c-ec8e-4143-af84-327a200c3fa6

It sells all remaining 541-570, 619-623 series except 550, pulled up for special propose. As well as all mobility plus 2011 arbocs, which are removed from service since Fall 2018.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Some recent updates from the field:

Found out from a bus driver that 2005 Van Hool AG300s 201 and 221 have retired, he had also confirmed this with management at BRT Division

Also from another source at Southwest: 202, 205, 208, 209, 211, 213, 216 and 219 are now retired

EDIT: All Southwest AG300s are retired

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Tom1122 said:

At least two ex YRT AG300s are being used as part of a drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination at Canada's Wonderland.

203 was visible from news footage; during a Twitter video a couple weeks ago, 222 was also visible.

The buses appear to be penned in by concrete barriers, so they're gonna be stuck there until the clinic is finished.

On 3/29/2021 at 7:25 PM, Articulated said:

203 was visible from news footage; during a Twitter video a couple weeks ago, 222 was also visible.

The buses appear to be penned in by concrete barriers, so they're gonna be stuck there until the clinic is finished.

I went by Wonderland earlier but stuck close to Jane Street. I identified one of the other buses as #210. I don't know the 4th bus' number or which of the buses facing away from Jane is 222.

Edit: I did a little more research and found out the number of the fourth bus is 217. It appears the buses are from South to North: 203 (facing East), 222 (Facing West), 210 (Facing East) and 217 (Facing west)

• 3 months later...

Wonderland reopened in early July, so chances are those plans were communicated to York Region well ahead of time, giving them enough time to close up the Wonderland drive-thru site in mid-June.

Someone on another forum reported two of the Wonderland units, 210 and 217, popped up at another vaccination site in Vaughan.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2021 at 1:48 AM, D. DeLarge said:

Wonderland reopened in early July, so chances are those plans were communicated to York Region well ahead of time, giving them enough time to close up the Wonderland drive-thru site in mid-June.

Someone on another forum reported two of the Wonderland units, 210 and 217, popped up at another vaccination site in Vaughan.

There's a Van Hool vaccine bus parked on Rutherford just east of Islington.

5 hours ago, York Transit said:

There's a Van Hool vaccine bus parked on Rutherford just east of Islington.

There’s two there: 210 by the road, and the other 217 is buried behind the school partially blocked by a tent. There is security on site though, watching during off-hours.

• 1 year later...

The 2003 D40LF fleet appears to be down to just one or two units left in active service: 312 and possibly 324. The other remaining formerly active units (318, 323, 330 and 335) haven’t run in service since late October, despite being out very regularly almost every day before that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...