YRT Retirements

They didn't even make it to 2012... ;)

Why were they retired at such a odd time? Especially with the need for more runs due to the strike?

Might've been retired before then, I don't recall anyone reporting them in service at any point during the strike.

I personally haven't seen either since the end of summer at the latest and don't recall any postings since then either. Last time I passed that stretch of Keele was back in September, and neither were parked back there.

• 1 month later...

Orion Vs are starting to retire. At least one unknown 0xx, which I first noticed at the back of the Southwest garage about a month ago, has since lost all YRT logos. Because of how its parked, it is impossible to tell which unit it is. I can tell its a 0xx due to the green seats.

Can anyone vouch for whats been in service over the last few weeks? 009 was on the 4A last week so its not that one.

Orion Vs are starting to retire. At least one unknown 0xx, which I first noticed at the back of the Southwest garage about a month ago, has since lost all YRT logos. Because of how its parked, it is impossible to tell which unit it is. I can tell its a 0xx due to the green seats.

Can anyone vouch for whats been in service over the last few weeks? 009 was on the 4A last week so its not that one.

Are you sure it's just not in for a repaint or something?

YRT recommended keeping the Orion V retirements at 12 years. That would make them about due for it about now...

As far as anyone's heard, there have not been any deliveries of new buses, so retirements are pretty short-sighted. There could be the possibility of a major component failure that considering the bus will be retired in a year, so YRT may just not be interested in paying for the repairs and retiring it instead. Outside of the strike, those 0xx Vs are rarely used; I heard Miller once didn't send their four out for a month straight.

As far as anyone's heard, there have not been any deliveries of new buses, so retirements are pretty short-sighted. There could be the possibility of a major component failure that considering the bus will be retired in a year, so YRT may just not be interested in paying for the repairs and retiring it instead. Outside of the strike, those 0xx Vs are rarely used; I heard Miller once didn't send their four out for a month straight.

Speaking of Miller's 0xx's...I haven't seen them ever. It's usually the 2xx/3xx's running around or parked in sight. Even when I do a loop on the road where Miller's yard is located, I have never seen them.

On a side thought...is YRT getting more LFR's or the Xcelsiors?

Speaking of Miller's 0xx's...I haven't seen them ever. It's usually the 2xx/3xx's running around or parked in sight. Even when I do a loop on the road where Miller's yard is located, I have never seen them.

On a side thought...is YRT getting more LFR's or the Xcelsiors?

Assuming we're still with the consortium order (haven't heard anything to the contrary) it will be XD40s just like Durham's order which arrived a little while ago.

Depends on where you are. Back before the strike, I would often see the 01xs on Routes 83 and 240, yet would never find any of the 23xs out.

223 is a retired SLF-235, and 224 was retired back in 2007.

Southwest's 2002 Orion Vs are numbered 225-229. They were also fairly normal on the 4/4A before the strike occurred as well.

whoops shoulda referred to the wiki before belting out numbers like that..

my apologies

and with regards to the 01x's i know that last year there was one particular Chinese driver whom i talk to, would always do the 2:30-4:30 Rt. 82 driving 011

Depends on where you are. Back before the strike, I would often see the 01xs on Routes 83 and 240, yet would never find any of the 23xs out.

That's because the 01x and 23x are assigned to different routes. 01x serve Richmond Hill routes while 23x serve Markham routes; usually.

The 993x and 01x are clumped together while the 23x and 30x are clumped together.

When I visited Miller Yard back in September 2011, one of the supervisors told me that 9932 and 9933 were retired. Did his information come from YRT head office? I don't know but that is what he told me when I visited.

I've still saw 9933 during september and october a few times in the mornings, it deadheaded up leslie, most likely to Richmond Green or Bernard

I've still saw 9933 during september and october a few times in the mornings, it deadheaded up leslie, most likely to Richmond Green or Bernard

That's the route 90 high school special. There's only one run of that and it ends its southboard journey at St Robert HS instead of Don Mills Stn. Everytime I've seen it, it is a 99 VI though I don't remember the specific unit.

• 3 weeks later...

at the back of Southwest, 006 and 007.... no plates and fareboxes gone..... 007 has also lost its bike rack....

002 was on 12 tonight.