YRT Retirements

Not quite, you forgot about 2021 which is still active AFIK as well as 2006 which is being kept as a historic bus. But I know they're not at Miller.

2044 is the only one for now.

2049, 2051, and 2052 should last into the new year. 2048's safety is the end of this month.

PS: There goes the last rollsign Markham bus.

If space at Miller wasn't so much of an issue, how would that affect the retirement of the Orion 1s, Classics and D40HFs?

Also, I've heard YRT is to move 2006 to Miller. Where will they put it since there's no practically no room? Where they're storing the retired buses?

If space at Miller wasn't so much of an issue, how would that affect the retirement of the Orion 1s, Classics and D40HFs?

Also, I've heard YRT is to move 2006 to Miller. Where will they put it since there's no practically no room? Where they're storing the retired buses?

Miller is storing retired buses against the fence next to Woodbine, which is part of the employee's parking lot. The 9xx D40LFs not put into service yet are also in here. Where Classics and D40s were retired, their spots are filled with 9xx D40LFs (so you will see 2 Classics then a D40LF then 2 more Classics).

I'm sure they'll find a place for it. They may even make a special spot for it (in the garage proper?), since it will be the fleet's historical bus afterall.

i hate to be the bearer of bad/sad news yet again.

But I heard today that the 1xx thomas's will be retired by the end of 2010 and the 2xx thomas's by the end of 2011.

The 2xx are in much better shape than the 1xx.

I kinda knew the SLFs wern't officially going this year, Miller didn't get any replacement buses for them (only 983/984 for the burnt ones).

Either way, we only need about 2 replacement buses for all of the 1xx :D.

Why is that sad? xD

I think because the 2xx still have about 2 more years before we get rid of them.

so who is going to organize a thomas slf charter before they ARE gone for good?

Bah, to hell with that! Watch it die on us, if anyone is ever going to plan a charter.

Anyways, thank goodness I've never rode a 1xx. However, my first 2xx wasn't so pleasent either.

i hate to be the bearer of bad/sad news yet again.

But I heard today that the 1xx thomas's will be retired by the end of 2010 and the 2xx thomas's by the end of 2011.

That's great news! Sure hope they won't all burn before then.

so who is going to organize a thomas slf charter before they ARE gone for good?

Good idea there! Some of you YRTers ought to charter one, sure they are crap but after all they WERE the first buses YRT ever got new, so they do have some significance...not to mention the SLF isn't very dominant in Ontario anyways (or even the GTA for that matter).