GOA transit news, info etc

Just curious, does anyone have photos of the old Sno-Bus designation signs they use to use with the old Orion IIIs? I'm curious because they always appeared to be a temporary sign that they would just slip in front of the pylon roll sign. I'm interested to see how this really worked. Also the fact they were custom, they looked really nice.

Looks like Oc is testing out outdoor tv/news at Hurdman Stn.

One Tv is installed and operating inside the big shelter (above the Monitor that displays when the next bus arrives)

So that is what that TV is for, I couldn't figure out what they were planning to do with that.

Might as well do a topic on STO News

Results of a survey were released today:

http://www.sto.ca/nouvelles/communique/090507_e.html

http://www.sto.ca/pdf/Resultatsenquete_f.pdf

Mostly good marks in terms of the satisfactory rate, though there are some lower marks for off-peak service, especially Sundays (need for a better frequency) as well as the reliability of transfers. Highest marks are for schedule reliability (take that of note OC), cleanliness of buses and at bus stops, driver professionalism and the driving. Fares also have a relatively good mark.

There is also an overwhelming support for the Rapibus at 92%.

Also the NCC (although there is already a thread started) will start a study on interprovincial transit strategy even this should have being started an eternity ago.

Schedule reliability: Seriously?! Must be a Buckingham thing, then, with Gatineau-bound buses normally running in a different timezone, apparently. I remember on the previous booking, no matter what driver you had on the last 96, drivers would always wait until 11:40-11:42 to leave, instead of 11:35, despite passengers audibly bitching about it while they were dicking around on cell phones or whatever.

Transfer reliability: I can certainly see this being a problem. STO seems to have a bad habit of only giving 2-3 minute buffer times. Throw in bad weather, or simply a slow driver, and you'll likely miss your transfer.

Driver courteousness: They are pretty good compared to OC, on average, almost too nice (ie. UNFOLDED STROLLERS ARE NOT ALLOWED! STOP ALLOWING THE DAMN THINGS!). That said, I find they can either be really nice, or they can be total dicks. (ie. Mr. 696-Driver-In-The-Evening-On-Wednesdays; STFU and drive, and remember you have another 40ft of bus to pay attention too, as well).

Bus Cleanliness: Not perfect, but they sure seem to clean up graffiti pretty fast. I remember 0413's rear end in the interior got a 'amateur paint job' once, and they cleaned it up pretty quick. Can barely tell it was there.

Personally, if I had access to a car, then I would dump STO altogether. It takes too damn long to get anywhere!

Edit: Just noticed, they polled 300 riders and 700 non-riders, I don't mean to be a picky bitch, but....

Driver courteousness: They are pretty good compared to OC, on average, almost too nice (ie. UNFOLDED STROLLERS ARE NOT ALLOWED! STOP ALLOWING THE DAMN THINGS!). That said, I find they can either be really nice, or they can be total dicks. (ie. Mr. 696-Driver-In-The-Evening-On-Wednesdays; STFU and drive, and remember you have another 40ft of bus to pay attention too, as well).

This reminds me when a driver on the 16, driving a Orion VI allowed 6 strollers in the bus. Man that REALLY sucked. People had to board through the rear door. -.-'

ISMichael....

Seems like OC Transpo has cut the O-Train to every 30 minutes after 10, just like every summer.

Also they reduced the 7 service once again to service levels that I do not appreciate. So I am going to rely less on the 7 now.

The 7 service levels before this schedule change were the best, even on weekends they were great. But now they suck again. Time to fix up my bike and continue to ride the bus until my pass runs out.

• 3 weeks later...
Just Wondering. Are the drivers trained to use polite language? I had a driver yesterday shout "F**king B*tch! F*ck!" because a cyclist cut the bus off out of surprise and we went swerving.

Eh, I have a hard time believing nobody has their moments where they drop a few f-bombs. I've had an STO driver give another motorist the finger once (in response to the motorist) while clearing saying "Yeah, f*ck you, too!".

I don't see why people complain about these things. I remember when Hurdmanhugz and I were at a Tim Hortons on St-Joseph in Hull one day, and the woman behind the counter went to the back while saying "Stupid English people..." in French. No bad language there, is there?

hi can someone let me no where to make a complaint to oc transpo like i hate having to complain( especially because i like them) but for 3 days now the final 57 baseline of the day has changed his destination sign from 57 baseline via viewmount to sorry out of service and the thing is my mom saw tht one of the windows were open and asked if this was the 57 and the woman replied yes it is

p.s weave actually seen him change it just before meadowlands and chesterton

so if someone can give me some info as to how to make a complaint it would be appreciated

hi can someone let me no where to make a complaint to oc transpo like i hate having to complain( especially because i like them) but for 3 days now the final 57 baseline of the day has changed his destination sign from 57 baseline via viewmount to sorry out of service and the thing is my mom saw tht one of the windows were open and asked if this was the 57 and the woman replied yes it is

p.s weave actually seen him change it just before meadowlands and chesterton

so if someone can give me some info as to how to make a complaint it would be appreciated

Customer Service Form

Council votes for no more strikes or lockouts at OC Transpo.

An tentative agreement was reached between the City/OC Transpo and the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 279 that there will be no more future transit strikes or lockouts. In the future during contract negotiations, should an agreement is not reached, the issue will be settled through arbitration.

http://ottawa.ca/cgi-bin/pressco.pl?&E...331〈=en

City Council has ratified this, and is now awaiting for ratification by ATU 279's membership (which the union executives are recommending).

An tentative agreement was reached between the City/OC Transpo and the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 279 that there will be no more future transit strikes or lockouts. In the future during contract negotiations, should an agreement is not reached, the issue will be settled through arbitration.

http://ottawa.ca/cgi-bin/pressco.pl?&E...331〈=en

City Council has ratified this, and is now awaiting for ratification by ATU 279's membership (which the union executives are recommending).

Wonder if this was deliberatly pushed through whilst the mayor was "otherwise occupied"? :)

Wonder if this was deliberatly pushed through whilst the mayor was "otherwise occupied"? :)

Good question... The only thing I know (and I was at City Hall watching reporters interviewing Cornellier, Graham, and the Acting Mayor Bellemare). Randy Graham said that it was the union who asked for the no-strike clause/provision. He said that they have been in serious discussion with OC Transpo and City management on this over the last few weeks.

Good question... The only thing I know (and I was at City Hall watching reporters interviewing Cornellier, Graham, and the Acting Mayor Bellemare). Randy Graham said that it was the union who asked for the no-strike clause/provision. He said that they have been in serious discussion with OC Transpo and City management on this over the last few weeks.

Does anyone know if the contract dispute that created the 53 day strike has been arbitrated yet, and if so, what were the results?

Does anyone know if the contract dispute that created the 53 day strike has been arbitrated yet, and if so, what were the results?

I keep hearing June as the anticpated month that the arbitration process would be complete.

The only decision made by the arbitrator was an interim agreement on the work-rest rules (allowing operators to work a double-straight shift that is no more than 17 hours with 6 hours rest) until an actual ruling is made by Transport Canada, which probably come at the same time when the arbitration process is complete.

I keep hearing June as the anticpated month that the arbitration process would be complete.

The only decision made by the arbitrator was an interim agreement on the work-rest rules (allowing operators to work a double-straight shift that is no more than 17 hours with 6 hours rest) until an actual ruling is made by Transport Canada, which probably come at the same time when the arbitration process is complete.

Thanks! I hope the drivers do well!

Still haven't beat our $2.80 ticket price or our $3.25 cash fares.

I suppose at least here, students can take advantage of the $2.05 student tickets.

And I love it when people from urban areas complain about their service...