Canadian National

GOA transit news, info etc

Service disruption expected tomorrow due to ongoing issue with Line 1 Confederation Line..

Highlights:

What is important is that Citizen Transit Commissioner and City Councillor received communication from OC Transpo Staff earlier tonight indicating that 50 morning bus trips/75 afternoon bus trips will be cancelled in order to run special parallel service. Unfortunately, no official information has been posted on OC Transpo's web site as I write this, but refer to the following tweets from Citizen Transit Commissioner Sarah Wright-Gilbert that I'm about to embed:

7 hours ago, JCL said:

Service disruption expected tomorrow due to ongoing issue with Line 1 Confederation Line..

Highlights:

What is important is that Citizen Transit Commissioner and City Councillor received communication from OC Transpo Staff earlier tonight indicating that 50 morning bus trips/75 afternoon bus trips will be cancelled in order to run special parallel service. Unfortunately, no official information has been posted on OC Transpo's web site as I write this, but refer to the following tweets from Citizen Transit Commissioner Sarah Wright-Gilbert that I'm about to embed:

The cancellations are now on the website, included in the cancellations of "high frequency" (OC's words not mine) services are peak hour runs on routes 5 and 9, I suppose no service on hese routes for a minimum of 40 in peak hours is perfectly acceptable to OC's inept management.

It is noticeable that the OC Social media cheerleaders have gone very quiet recently.

Time for an independent review on the workings of OC Transpo as an organisation, this cant go on much longer.

Behind the Scenes : Transit Operations Control Centre (TOCC)

O-Train Fans goes Behind the Scenes at OC Transpo's Transit Operations Control Centre (TOCC). The TOCC is the multi-modal nerve centre of OC Transpo's entire operations, which include rail (O-Train), bus, para and security (Special Constables).

https://www.otrainfans.ca/confederation/behind-the-scenes-transit-operations-control-centre-tocc

• Like 1

Cancellations, cancellations, and... more cancellations. Day 9 of S1/R1 service in effect. https://web.archive.org/web/20200130121806/https://www.octranspo.com/en/alerts

Looks like they're changing what Routes are cancelled, but some runs like the 8 AM Route 9 run from Hurdman is cancelled which may leave a much more packed bus for Foreign Affairs employees.

Oh boy...

Image - Weekday supplemental bus service to resume on February 3

ServicesnewsLine 1news

Weekday supplemental bus service to resume on February 3

Until further notice, weekday supplemental bus service will continue to run between Tunney’s Pasture, Hurdman, and Blair stations and the downtown core starting February 3. There is no requirement for S1 supplemental bus service over the weekend.

Supplemental service will run during morning and afternoon peak.

Looks like the daily trip cancellations will continue unless somehow the 20 R1 novas will meet the demand, which it won't...

55 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

Oh boy...

Image - Weekday supplemental bus service to resume on February 3

ServicesnewsLine 1news

Weekday supplemental bus service to resume on February 3

Until further notice, weekday supplemental bus service will continue to run between Tunney’s Pasture, Hurdman, and Blair stations and the downtown core starting February 3. There is no requirement for S1 supplemental bus service over the weekend.

Supplemental service will run during morning and afternoon peak.

Looks like the daily trip cancellations will continue unless somehow the 20 R1 novas will meet the demand, which it won't...

Responding to what you wrote (highlighted in red):

I guess it depends on how many trains RTG/RTM are able to make service. If they can get can put 11 or 12 double trains to maintain an approximate 5 or so minute frequency, then the 20 R1 Nova LFS's might be sufficient do S1. Although there will likely passengers who never liked riding the LRT (Line 1) since Day 1 will continue use S1 until they can't.

If RTG/RTM continues to put out only 8 or 9 double trains (or less), then I can see them continuing to cancel trips from other runs to cover S1. 

16 hours ago, JCL said:

Responding to what you wrote (highlighted in red):

I guess it depends on how many trains RTG/RTM are able to make service. If they can get can put 11 or 12 double trains to maintain an approximate 5 or so minute frequency, then the 20 R1 Nova LFS's might be sufficient do S1. Although there will likely passengers who never liked riding the LRT (Line 1) since Day 1 will continue use S1 until they can't.

If RTG/RTM continues to put out only 8 or 9 double trains (or less), then I can see them continuing to cancel trips from other runs to cover S1. 

Seems they are still missing trains. 40 AM  and 75 PM trips cancelled... https://www.octranspo.com/en/alerts#alerts-23616

• Sad 1

https://www.octranspo.com/en/alerts#alerts-24490

O-Train Line 1 - February 5

Routes: 1 O-Train

Date effective: February 04, 2020

O-Train Line 1 schedules have returned to normal during peak periods. Line 1 will be the most efficient way to travel to and from downtown. We do not expect to cancel any regular bus trips to support S1 service.

Now that RTG is delivering enough trains to accommodate customer volumes on O-Train Line 1, the buses that were providing additional capacity on the S1 service can be returned to their regular routes.  This will increase the reliability of bus routes across the city.

Starting Wednesday, S1 service will be operating less frequently from Tunney’s Pasture, Hurdman, and Blair Stations to downtown in the morning and from downtown to those stations in the afternoon.

Weekday supplemental bus service to resume on Monday, Feb. 17

From Monday to Friday (including Family Day) until further notice, S1 service will be operating from Tunney’s Pasture, Hurdman, and Blair Stations to downtown in the morning and from downtown to those stations in the afternoon. We do not expect to cancel any regular bus trips to support S1 service. Line 1 continues to be the fastest way to travel to and from downtown.

• Thanks 1