Jump to content
Canadian National

GOA transit news, info etc

Recommended Posts

Explain to me how a bus can be 8 mins late(Hurdmnan)when the bus is stationed in the lay up area?This isn't the first time last week it did the same thing 3 times. I can understand if was coming to Hurdman on route from downtown or another area, but from

the lay up area!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/extra-train-coming-on-confederation-line-councillor-1.4644101\

OC is purchasing another train for Line 1. Good, I noticed too that a packed train at Blair means no one gets on at Hurdman...

They're not purchasing another one. Currently OC transpo us using 13 of the 17 trains it has, they're just now going with 14 of 17 (or 14 of 15 if you want to take away the trains meant for spares)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/extra-train-coming-on-confederation-line-councillor-1.4644101\

OC is purchasing another train for Line 1. Good, I noticed too that a packed train at Blair means no one gets on at Hurdman...

You must have been asleep for a long time. Before opening, it was determined that they would only run 13 train sets instead of the intended 15. Do the math, thats 26 cars, we have 34. They are adding an extra train to bring it up to 14, so 28 cars. Theyre not purchasing an extra train, theyre just launching an extra one that we already have. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) I told you so!! That OC would have bus issues trying to pick up passengers in the afternoon.

2)I doubt one train will help,if they intend to use 15 and there an issue with over crowding using 13 train sets, then they should go with there original plan and use 15 instead of 13/14.

3) as for the train count some one correct me if I'm wrong didn't OC Transpo purchase another 34(not sure of the exact purchase) for Stage 2?I'm not sure when these "new" trains are scheduled to arrive an be assembled though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

3) as for the train count some one correct me if I'm wrong didn't OC Transpo purchase another 34(not sure of the exact purchase) for Stage 2?I'm not sure when these "new" trains are scheduled to arrive an be assembled though?

They purchased 38 individual vehicles. A number of them are already partially assembled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Enviro_1203 said:

You must have been asleep for a long time. 🙄

All that was needed to be said was "actually, it just says they'll just use another that they already have".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 4:05 PM, MCIBUS said:

Explain to me how a bus can be 8 mins late(Hurdmnan)when the bus is stationed in the lay up area?This isn't the first time last week it did the same thing 3 times. I can understand if was coming to Hurdman on route from downtown or another area, but from

the lay up area!!

Are you that ignorant? Is this a serious question?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off I don't like to be disrespected by being called ignorant. Second it issues like this and other things  that pisses riders off at OC, and you wonder why OC has a low acceptance rating by passengers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Loud-Invero said:

Ugh oh, now it's Russian roulette if I want to get to work on time yet still have a way home when bus service is garbage

I'm not to worried about getting a rack equipped bus (on both sides of the river) this fall/winter. 

 20191017_100712.thumb.jpg.4c8a14ad2ccd8438e9bdb093a0f7fb8b.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4636 has a protective screen for the driver (between them and the passengers) when I was on it yesterday, anyone know how many buses have them installed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nikola said:

4636 has a protective screen for the driver (between them and the passengers) when I was on it yesterday, anyone know how many buses have them installed?

I saw 4636 on the 57 Tunney's Pasture yesterday at QCH Emergency and I confirm the driver shield. As far as I know, shields are on a couple of each bus type, as testing prototypes (including DDs, articulated, and Inveros, but not the hybrids).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems Group La Québécoise currently has the contract for the Sto Handy bus 

And they currently are hireing. 

Per this fb post 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 5:20 AM, MCIBUS said:

First off I don't like to be disrespected by being called ignorant. Second it issues like this and other things  that pisses riders off at OC, and you wonder why OC has a low acceptance rating by passengers.

This is not the place for complaining or airing grievances in the manner you did.

Maybe me assuming you would have a good sense of how the run paddles are scheduled, how delays snowball, how scant resources are, how operators sometimes need breaks that are more than just peeing, and how buses sometimes get defects repaired in the layup. I guess I should not have assumed, you being a transit enthusiast and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

The CBC article is based on the tender posting on MERX, which I shared back on October 1 on this thread.

https://cptdb.ca/topic/7639-goa-transit-news-info-etc/?do=findComment&comment=870945

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prescott-Russell has launched an inter-community system throughout the united counties.  According to the website (www.prtranspo.ca), they've award the contract to Leduc Bus Lines.  It says that there will be 2 low-floor accessible buses servicing the system; however, the photo in the local news article shows a Blue Bird G5.......  Anyone hear whether Leduc will be allocating 2 of their Novas to PR Transpo...?

I discovered this when I found new bus stop flags that were installed in Casselman.  One on Richer Circle in front the McDonalds, and the other on Lafleche Blvd across from the Dollarama.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

Prescott-Russell has launched an inter-community system throughout the united counties.  According to the website (www.prtranspo.ca), they've award the contract to Leduc Bus Lines.  It says that there will be 2 low-floor accessible buses servicing the system; however, the photo in the local news article shows a Blue Bird G5.......  Anyone hear whether Leduc will be allocating 2 of their Novas to PR Transpo...?

I discovered this when I found new bus stop flags that were installed in Casselman.  One on Richer Circle in front the McDonalds, and the other on Lafleche Blvd across from the Dollarama.

To further my comment regarding the re-allocation or re-assignment  of 2 Leduc Bus Line Novas to PR Transpo; that may indeed be the case.  The new schedule for Route 530 effective Oct 22 no longer shows accessible trips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...