GOA transit news, info etc

I can't remember who said that there are no flights that come into the airport late at night (like right now) but who ever did is wrong.

I have learned that late at night when no Scheduled flights are arriving, that is when the Chartered Flights arrive on most nights. Charters flights to places like the Caribbean, Dominion Republic, etc.

In fact I went down to the Airport at 3 AM a few nights ago, and it was just about as busy as it was during the day. There were even 5 people waiting at the bus stop for a bus that wouldn't come. There was so many people on some of those flights that at a few moments, they didn't have enough Airport Taxis to get everyone home.

I can't remember who said that there are no flights that come into the airport late at night (like right now) but who ever did is wrong.

I have learned that late at night when no Scheduled flights are arriving, that is when the Chartered Flights arrive on most nights. Charters flights to places like the Caribbean, Dominion Republic, etc.

In fact I went down to the Airport at 2 AM a few nights ago, and it was just about as busy as it was during the day. There were even 5 people waiting at the bus stop for a bus that wouldn't come. There was so many people on some of those flights that at a few moments, they didn't have enough Airport Taxis to get everyone home.

Theres a 97 from the airport at 1.59am and 2.29am, so maybe they were waiting for the 2.29am departure.

Oh sorry, I ment to say 3 AM, man I must of been tired.

There are only one or two through the night arrivals at the airport most nights , and many of these are before 2am, and no departures after the London UK flight just after 10pm, so there really is no justification to run an all night service to the airport.

Tonight for example there is a flight due in just after 1 and thats it.

Route 245 to be canceled ( south of Manotick) full story here Imo if the residents want transit drive to the P&R in Riverside south or up to Strandherd Stn

oh another note the work on the Sw Transitway has started in the Strandherd shopping center

They've been at that since before winter i think

I have just done a count. Including the Orion VII order in delivery, if the last one in the order is 5178, there will be 945 accessible buses at OC Transpo.

With that count, assuming when all the Orion VII's are in they no ned for any High Floor Buses on Weekends or any spares they use on the Weekends.

With that count, assuming when all the Orion VII's are in they no ned for any High Floor Buses on Weekends or any spares they use on the Weekends.

In total, there are around 500 runs on Saturdays, accounting for 200-300 buses being at Merivale and Pinecrest that are LF, there is in my opinion, NO need for High Floors on weekends. There are less runs on Sundays