Canadian National

GOA transit news, info etc

2 hours ago, andreasv said:

Budget also includes pier work on the PoW bridge.

-908990 Prince of Wales Bridge (Pier Work)

It's only to preserve the bridge though, so we're still not going to see trains running across it any time soon.

43 minutes ago, CanadaGoose said:

Official list of changes, and trip planner is updated for O train opening.

octranspo.com/ready4rail

Looks better, will do comparisons later.

I've noticed there are more cuts ­čśĹ┬áNotability routes 106 and 152 (58) for me. I actually do use the selected trips that serves Larkspur... They're cutting it back to Fitzgerald / Richmond

42 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

I've noticed there are more cuts ­čśĹ┬áNotability routes 106 and 152 (58) for me. I actually do use the selected trips that serves Larkspur... They're cutting it back to Fitzgerald / Richmond

I would hardly say the 106 is experiencing a cut, as it will only end at Elmvale but will go all the way to Bayshore in the west replacing the 101, which is a pretty major crosstown route.

• Thanks 1

On Feb. 11, 2019 at 11 am, Rideau Stop 3A will be moved to its permanent location.

Rideau Stop 3A is currently located near Dalhousie St. On Feb. 11, this stop will be moved near the pedestrian crossing between the Rideau Centre and The Bay.

There are no changes to Rideau Stop 4A
Judging by the map, Sto will be reverting back to its old location

Rideau-Stop-3A-Routes.thumb.png.3c0c25190c0a4102d4038cbfe822e2e9.png

4 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Apparently the 6 is every half hour after 6 on Sunday?!

In other good news, I work and live beside an LRT station. My commute will improve. I feel bad for everyone else whom will spend extra time waiting at Blair, Hurdman and Tunney's 

Local Highway Companies? Which is the biggest?

Outside of Greyhound, which is the largest Indy highway coach operator in the GOA/National Capital Region/Eastern Ontario Western Quebec?

I know there only a few(not sure how many exactly) but out of those which is the largest? I think 417 Bus Lines followed by Leduc?

I'm not sure exactly how many coaches each company has, but it interesting to see. 

11 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Local Highway Companies? Which is the biggest?

Outside of Greyhound, which is the largest Indy highway coach operator in the GOA/National Capital Region/Eastern Ontario Western Quebec?

I know there only a few(not sure how many exactly) but out of those which is the largest? I think 417 Bus Lines followed by Leduc?

I'm not sure exactly how many coaches each company has, but it interesting to see. 

Leduc is probably the Biggest Charter operation as they own Classic Alliance in Carleton Place too and have the NHL Contract, and Greyhound Overload contract.

417 fairly large too they do mostly tours and charters 

Bell Horizon took over the Charter Operations of Transport Thom from what I heard they have been getting a lot of new contracts.

Line runs wise, Campeau does a line run ( 1 bus ) , and Autobus Gatineau ( few buses )  does a line run based out of the National Capital Region