Canadian National

GOA transit news, info etc

From my understanding if info is correct we suppose to get 82 Nova LFS & 17 DD buses for a total of 99 new buses. yet there retiring 175 Orion VII's & 82 Invero's total of 217 buses retired? So more or less the 82 Nova's replace the Invero's and the 17 DD bus(assuming each represents 2 Orions s 17x2=34)hence actually we lose 141 buses.

I'm not sure with 141 buses gone if the remaining fleet can handle the crowds from the LRT? I still say there's going to people left standing because of bus shortages and overcrowded buses.

Yes buses won't be going downtown, yet there still traffic tie ups outside of downtown.

These new bus orders (The Novabuses and the double deckers) doesn’t mean OC Transpo won’t order more later this year or early-mid next year. I think it’s good to stop thinking as these orders as their final fleet for the near future, as the system is changing a lot and new buses will be required eventually.

-Charlie

True they'll still be ordering new buses, but the thing is even with these new purchases and retirements will there be enough buses to service the crowds after stage 1 opens?

I still say there going to be issues with over crowded buses and people left behind at the LRT stations? I could be wrong, but something tells me I'm not wrong a feeling I've got?

21 hours ago, CanadaGoose said:

And approx 17 high capacity buses.

No public word that they would be double deckers.

OC Transpo is getting 19 double deckers.

See this post: https://cptdb.ca/topic/14061-double-decker-bus-order/?page=47&tab=comments#comment-811856

22 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Is it safe to assume that Inveros between 4202 - 4284 are the ones gonna be retired?

(If you do get confirmation on fleet #'s please let us know)

21 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

@JCL

The rebuilt ones will most certainly not be going anywhere for a few years. My guess is that they will take out almost all the 2004s and nine units from the earlier 2005 order. There are nine 2004s rebuilt. That leaves us with around 60 units. The 2004s are 14 years old, which means they are at an age where retirement is common. 4202 may be going because it's 15 years old.

My prediction is that 4440 and up will stay for now, because those are 2007s and they still have some life left in them. 4274-4439 may get some units axed (excluding the six rebuilt ones), particularly the units with a 3-2 priority seating configuration. The rest will probably be staying.

Now, the hybrids will be going at 8-10 years of age, but that's a different story. RIP our last Orion buses in service. I actually won't be missing them that much. Never really liked them anyway for some reason. If they had ISLs and B400Rs in them, then maybe I would have liked them more. I'm just glad that I got in plenty of rides.

I'm personally glad to see that the Inveroes will be with us for at least a few years.

EDIT: you mean 4284, right?

I have obtained a copy of the RFI document (which anyone is free to do so, by contacting the named individual in the tender posting on MERX). My interpretation is that the 82 Inveros could consist of any of the batches delivered between 2004 and 2007. No fleet numbers specified, and I don't have anymore information than that. 

If I were both of you, I wouldn't bother predicting which specific units will retire. I suggest you guys review the Invero Rebuild thread and determine which ones have NOT been rebuilt. The ones haven't been rebuilt or in worst shape will likely be among the 82 units that will retire. 

3 hours ago, OCCheetos said:

OC Transpo has updated the ready4rail website with all kinds of info about the new LRT stations (including maps).

They've also published the full system map and all route changes that will take place when the LRT opens.

http://www.octranspo.com/ready4rail/my_station

http://www.octranspo.com/images/files/ready4rail/full_map.pdf

I see at least one big change coming up: there's no longer going to be any off-peak service to Place du Portage or the Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau.  Route 85 will end at Terrasses de la Chaudière and all other routes--17, 61, 63, 66, and 75--will be peak-only routes.

downtown.png

When they say "Heated" waiting areas, do them mean those crappy heaters in other transitway stations that barely keep you warm in the winter or proper heating as in  forced air heat through duck work?

Looking at the stations, it appears only 4 will have public washrooms?

Tunney's

Bayview

Hurdman

Blair

all the others are not.I'm surprised Lyon,Parilment & Rideau won't, then again I can see why. You'll have all the YAHOO's(drunks & druggies use them for drinking and shooting up),but why not Primse , Ottawa U,Lees Trembley, ST >Laurent(then again you have the mall washrooms),Cyrville these are far enough away for the drunks,maybe not the druggies) Stations?.

3 hours ago, OCCheetos said:

OC Transpo has updated the ready4rail website with all kinds of info about the new LRT stations (including maps).

They've also published the full system map and all route changes that will take place when the LRT opens.

http://www.octranspo.com/ready4rail/my_station

http://www.octranspo.com/images/files/ready4rail/full_map.pdf

Not on the system map, but great thinking in their part to number the bus routes that continue downtown overnight ‘N’ +regular route number. Ex. N45.

-Charlie

Things I've noticed:

Route 14  will be split into 2 new routes; Frequent route 53 will run from Cadwell to Tunney's Pasture while route 14 will be classified as a frequent route and run from St. Laurent to Tunney's Pasture.

Route 16 will be renumbered to frequent route 51

Route 25 New frequent route that replaces routes 94 and 129. It serves from La Cite to Millennium with peak period trips extending to/from the Space and aviation museum.

Route 44 will be shortened to end at Hurdman

Routes 63, 66 will extend to Hull during peak periods.

Route 73: New Local Limited Service route that provides mid-day trips between the RCMP station (73 Leikin) and Tunney's Pasture. This replaces route 94 peak period trips

Route 85 will be extended to serve Hull.

Route 90: New Frequent route that provides all-day service between Greenboro and Hurdman.

Route 94 will be renumbered to route 74 in the west while the eastern portions will be combined with rapid route 95 to become rapid route 39. Service on Innes is replaced by frequent route 25

Route 95 will be renumbered to route 75 in the west while the eastern portions will be combined with rapid route 94 to become rapid route 39. Route will be extended to serve Millennium.

Route 97 will be renumbered to route 57 in the west while retaining its original route number in the south.

Route 101 & 102 will be combined into new frequent route 55  with peak period trips extending to Place d'Orleans

Route 112 will be renumbered to route 141. 

Route 129 Cancelled and replaced by frequent route 25 with peak period trips extending to the Space and aviation museum. 

Route 152 will be renumbered to Local route 58. Peak period extensions to Grandview will be replaced by new Connexion route 258.

Route 190: New Local Limited Service route that provides mid-day trips from Brookfield to Hurdman

Route 258New Connexion route that replaces peak period extensions on route 152.

Route 260: On the Terry Fox Station box for whatever reason...

Route 284New Connexion route that runs from West Hunt Club via Knoxdale and continues to Tunney's Pasture via the Transitway. It's kinda similar to route 72...

3 minutes ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Things I've noticed:

Route 14  will be split into 2 new routes; Frequent route 53 will run from Cadwell to Tunney's Pasture while route 14 will be classified as a frequent route and run from St. Laurent to Tunney's Pasture.

Route 25 New frequent route that replaces routes 94 and 129. It serves from La Cite to Millennium with peak period trips extending to/from the Space and aviation museum.

Route 73: New Local Limited Service route that provides mid-day trips between the RCMP station (73 Leikin) and Tunney's Pasture. This replaces route 94 peak period trips

Route 90: New Frequent route that provides all-day service between Greenboro and Hurdman.

Route 94 will be renumbered to route 74 in the west while the eastern portions will be combined with rapid route 95 to become rapid route 39. Service on Innes is replaced by frequent route 25

Route 95 will be renumbered to route 75 in the west while the eastern portions will be combined with rapid route 94 to become rapid route 39. Route will be extended to serve Millennium.

Route 97 will be renumbered to route 57 in the west while retaining its original route number in the south.

Route 101 & 102 will be combined into new frequent route 55  with peak period trips extending to Place d'Orleans

Route 129 Cancelled and replaced by frequent route 25 with peak period trips extending to the Space and aviation museum. 

Route 152 will be renumbered to Local route 58. Peak period extensions to Grandview will be replaced by new Connexion route 258.

Route 190: New Local Limited Service route that provides mid-day trips from Brookfield to Hurdman

Route 284New Connexion route that runs from West Hunt Club via Knoxdale and continues to Tunney's Pasture via the Transitway. It's kinda similar to route 72...

http://www.octranspo.com/ready4rail/my_route

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Things I've noticed:

Route 112 is actually being split into three separate routes:

• New local route 46 will replace route 112 between Billings Bridge and Elmvale, and will be extended to/from Hurdman, replacing the eastern portion of route 86.
  • New local route 140 will replace the current trips on route 112 that travel between Billings Bridge and Herongate.
  • New local route 141 will replace the current trips on route 112 that travel between Billings Bridge and Heron Park.
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Not quite.  Local route [16] will continue to operate between St. Paul University and Westboro, while new Frequent route <51> will operate between Tunney's Pasture and Britannia.

1 hour ago, sseguin said:

I guess the end of the 95 is nearing? Which date can we speculate will be the final end of the 95?

LRT is expected to open in November 2018. The next service change will be on December 22 - 26th, 2018, so you should be able to expect it gone by Winter (that's if LRT opens accordingly). 

21 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Route 14  will be split into 2 new routes; Frequent route 53 will run from Cadwell to Tunney's Pasture while route 14 will be classified as a frequent route and run from St. Laurent to Tunney's Pasture

In addition to Frequent routes <14> and <53>, there will also be limited Local route [114] operating between the Rideau Centre and Carlington via Gladstone.

2 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

LRT is expected to open in November 2018. The next service change will be on December 22 - 26th, 2018, so you should be able to expect it gone by Winter (that's if LRT opens accordingly). 

Service change is December 2nd this year 

And all of these mistakes above are why you should look into things with more detail before jumping to conclusions....besides the above mistakes already mentionned, the 25 wont run to the Aviation and Space museum during peak hours...its a SEASONAL extension, just as it currently is on the 129.

In regards to the 55, it is a merger of the 101 & 106 (hence why the 106 will end at Riverside Station beginning on Sept 2....as to what the frequency will be and if it will run the full route 7 days a week, that is still unknown, however, one could speculate that it will run 7 days a week providing a single bus route to service The Royal, The Civic, The Riverside Hospital and The General.

For the rest of the changes, please see this link.

http://www.octranspo.com/ready4rail/my_route

• Thanks 1

Quick question. 

They had previously stated that parallel bus service would continue for a short period after the LRT opens to ease the transition. 

Am I missing something. Or is that no longer part of the plan? I guess if it opens before end of November they’d have a week or two for parallel service as the layoff notices were dated the same date as the service change. 

I don’t know I was just expecting parallel service / transition period to be more than a week or two. 

I suppose the first week or two are the most critical in the event of issues that force a shutdown to address. I’m the end the service will be much more reliable and steady than the current bus service anyways. 

3 hours ago, sseguin said:

Quick question. 

They had previously stated that parallel bus service would continue for a short period after the LRT opens to ease the transition. 

Am I missing something. Or is that no longer part of the plan? I guess if it opens before end of November they’d have a week or two for parallel service as the layoff notices were dated the same date as the service change. 

I don’t know I was just expecting parallel service / transition period to be more than a week or two. 

I suppose the first week or two are the most critical in the event of issues that force a shutdown to address. I’m the end the service will be much more reliable and steady than the current bus service anyways. 

don't quote me on this but , I think they plan to get the "keys" to the LRT Nov 2nd ,final tests for week or 2 , then parallel service till December 1st , December 2nd being the official start of LRT revenue service with Passengers onboard

Thanks dev, I definitely like the sound of that. Nothing more I'd love to see than the line open by mid-November.

Before that, I'll be happy and eager to see the construction hoardings drop and open up the entrances to see through the windows.