GOA transit news, info etc

5 hours ago, Flalex72 said:

From what I've heard, the buses that are being dedicated to route R1 are getting custom decals indicating so. They will not just be 20 buses pulled out of the bigger pool, but 20 buses dedicated to R1 service.

All new Novas that have been delivered have has decals added (possibly with 4716 being the exception as it is currently active).

In all honesty the only ones to blame is the city?

If they originally never had stated and where't going to lay off those drivers,there where going to lay off close to 200 hundred or so  drivers I dought there be a shortage today. Simply put who would want a job where you know you would be layed off with in a year or those already there and knew they only had a short time left and found other jobs.I'll bet most of the drivers would still be there. Grant you I know some retired but I still believe a lot of those drivers now gone would still be there.

They'll never solve the issue with bed bugs. You can spray all the bus interiors all you want and within a month if some individuals have bags or other sources that are infected with bed bugs, there going to leave some behind.

We have that issue at the main library with bed bugs, individuals bring books back with bed bugs, you'll never solve the issue, unless your willing to spray your entire fleet on a weekly bases(every bus)

Cold doesn't kill them it just makes them go dormant, extreme heat or spray kills them.

The issue with bed bugs is a big problem with the city. The city's City Living, Shelters and other city/community owned buildings all have issues with bed bugs and its costing $$$$$ for the city to spray and try and control the issue.

There are new bus lane "when flashing" signs installed on Nicholas northbound. Lights will flash when R1 Express is in operation. 

I noticed it for the first time this morning, and a picture was taken by someone via Twitter:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dudebrains said:

They mention purchasing "the latest reader model on the market." I wonder if they will stick with Conduent, or switch to another manufacturer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dudebrains said:

Great news and about time! It takes along time to load up a LFS Artic lol. Hopefully, this will speed up traffic on Wellington during the PM rush hour. 

On 12/12/2019 at 5:15 PM, dudebrains said:

23 hours ago, Flalex72 said:

They mention purchasing "the latest reader model on the market." I wonder if they will stick with Conduent, or switch to another manufacturer.

15 hours ago, ikarus said:

Great news and about time! It takes along time to load up a LFS Artic lol. Hopefully, this will speed up traffic on Wellington during the PM rush hour. 

Not sure if this will be the new style of reader. But I found this on Sto's Facebook page.

Service changes are *finally* up https://www.octranspo.com/en/plan-your-trip/service-change

Tbh I'm quite concerned about the 258 change, I feel people will start treating it as an alternative to the 61-64 to Bayshore. Most trips I've seen on the 258 are usually Inveros at capacity with the limited service it provides, but with that removed now I feel some people be screwed out of a trip to Hastings because Bob wanted to get off at Westboro. Just my thought

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Service changes are *finally* up https://www.octranspo.com/en/plan-your-trip/service-change

Tbh I'm quite concerned about the 258 change, I feel people will start treating it as an alternative to the 61-64 to Bayshore. Most trips I've seen on the 258 are usually Inveros at capacity with the limited service it provides, but with that removed now I feel some people be screwed out of a trip to Hastings because Bob wanted to get off at Westboro. Just my thought

I would tend to agree, but I tend to take the first bus I can and then transfer later to the one I want. I wonder if Bob might do the same. Most people take the rapid routes anyway, as they're more frequent than their connexion counterparts, but less flexible route-wise.

The removal of the 270's from Baseline Station in the afternoon, though... the 74 and 75 just got a lot busier, but they did add route 75 trips from Tunney's to Baseline to compensate, so we'll see... route 282 will also be a route that serves all stations between Tunney's and Baseline... this could be very interesting.