GOA transit news, info etc

1 hour ago, Loud-Invero said:

My bad, I idk why I said nova buses, meant to say DD's.

Trying to be specific, but realised my typo as it's suppose to be DD's, not Nova.

It says neither NovaBuses or Double Deckers in the statement so you are not being specific if you mention anything, you are making an unsubstantiated presumption.

7 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

It says neither NovaBuses or Double Deckers in the statement so you are not being specific if you mention anything, you are making an unsubstantiated presumption.

6 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

The statement doesn’t say Double Deckers either.

We've metioned this hundreds of times quite clearly that the city will be getting an additional 19 double-deckers.

9 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

We've metioned this hundreds of times quite clearly that the city will be getting an additional 19 double-deckers.

There you go again making a posting without knowing what is being discussed.

READ THE MAYORS STATEMENT, THEN COME BACK AND TELL ME EXACTLY WHERE IT SAYS THE 19 BUSES TO BE DELIVERED IN JANUARY WILL BE EITHER NOVA BUSES OR DOUBLE DECKERS?

Loud Invero AKA The OC Transpo master or whatever other log ins he has cut and pasted the statement, then added Nova Buses to it.

NOWHERE IN THE STATEMENT DOES IT MENTION WHAT TYPE OF BUS WILL BE DELIVERED IN JANUARY.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Centralsmt said:

There you go again making a posting without knowing what is being discussed.

READ THE MAYORS STATEMENT, THEN COME BACK AND TELL ME EXACTLY WHERE IT SAYS THE 19 BUSES TO BE DELIVERED IN JANUARY WILL BE EITHER NOVA BUSES OR DOUBLE DECKERS?

Loud Invero AKA The OC Transpo master or whatever other log ins he has cut and pasted the statement, then added Nova Buses to it.

NOWHERE IN THE STATEMENT DOES IT MENTION WHAT TYPE OF BUS WILL BE DELIVERED IN JANUARY.

Jeez, you're getting angry over semantics, calm down ya bloke. No one else cares about what I added but you, and those that corrected it, did so and moved on; give it a rest.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Loud-Invero said:

Jeez, you're getting angry over semantics, calm down ya bloke. No one else cares about what I added but you, and those that corrected it, did so and moved on; give it a rest.

Actually people do care about incorrect information being posted on the board.

You did it this time and got caught, it’s reasonable to make the assumption that you could well have done it before and passed incorrect information off as fact.

Ive been on this board for many many years and it’s always been blighted by individuals posting false information, in fact at one point it nearly got closed down because a certain individual kept posting it, so excuse me if I get a little pissed off at people who could jeopardize the integrity of the board by making things up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Centralsmt said:

Actually people do care about incorrect information being posted on the board.

You did it this time and got caught, it’s reasonable to make the assumption that you could well have done it before and passed incorrect information off as fact.

Ive been on this board for many many years and it’s always been blighted by individuals posting false information, in fact at one point it nearly got closed down because a certain individual kept posting it, so excuse me if I get a little pissed off at people who could jeopardize the integrity of the board by making things up.

Seriously, I'm sick of constantly reporting this all the time.

So either stop right now or @SMS may suspend you for a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loud-Invero said:

You tried to be a know-it-all and got your facts wrong. Centralsmt could do without the yelling, but you get no sympathy.

38 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Seriously, I'm sick of constantly reporting this all the time.

So either stop right now or @SMS may suspend you for a week.

We’re getting sick of all the reports you make over small or non-issues. Seriously. We had a backlog of reports I was clearing and so many were from you just reporting minor things. We’re getting into “cry wolf” territory.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Enough is enough.

Everyone has been warned fairly not to stir the pot. Won't listen? Fine. Take a leave of absence instead.

The admins and I will come up with a course of action, right now we will sleep on it but there will be results.

SMS

• Like 3

The 2020 Transit Budget is out: https://app05.ottawa.ca/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=7848&doctype=AGENDA - Go to link titled "2020 Draft Budget Transit FULL EN.pdf"

Of interest is PDF Pg 32 for project "909752 Bus Replacement": There is a budget request for the purchase of 63 40-foot buses at a funding request of $43,392,000.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCIBUS said:

I would just lease buses from other agencies.

I'm not sure whothey could actually lease fropm in Canada? Perhaps Montreal or Toronto or even the states,

But the thing is if you don't have the drivers for those leased buses, what's the point?

Anything from the States would likely have to be converted to meet Canadian standards, which could be costly.

5 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

Anything from the States would likely have to be converted to meet Canadian standards, which could be costly.

If the bus is admissible to Canada, which New Flyer's, Nova's, and Orion's are, the extent of what might be required to meet Canadian regulations might just be bilingual emergency exist instructions, and then of course being able to pass a safety inspection. That goes a long way back now that I heard that and I don't recall now if I ever dug that up however.

Most other standards I'm sure are quite similar between Canada and US production buses. Certainly there have been examples of US low floor buses coming into Canada. Regina had ex Charlotte LFS's. PWT brought in 19 ex Orange County D40LF's, some of which still run with Milton Transit apparently.

It would be buses from Gillig and Neoplan that wouldn't be able to make it in.

I've been watching the Ottawa LRT opening with interest. In the same time span that Ottawa has been open, Edmonton has had 3 majorish incidents. 2, quite unfortunately, were non-criminal/ non-suspicious deaths that occurred during peak times. The other was a case of overheating brakes. In the two deaths, bus replacement service was organized. ETS pulls floater buses first, and then starts looking for garage bound buses, while presumably dispatching spare board drivers. ETS does have a list of runs to pull from regular service to support LRT contingency service. In all 3 cases, ETS pretty quickly got one track that wasn't affected open for service and then used the buses to support the reduce capacity from single tracking. I don't believe any contingency was used for the overheated brakes.

From my perspective, for Ottawa it does look like some teething issues, which, frankly should be expected. Unfortunately, there were so many issues with delays in the first place that Ottawa's system is under a huge amount of scrutiny.

Edmonton's SLRT had switch problems at Century Park when that extension opened. There were some roadbed issues as well. Of course, Edmonton's NLRT has had the signalling issues with Thales.

I couldn't believe when I read today about a rail weld crack in Ottawa that was reported that it caused a slow order!! At any given time Edmonton's LRT has 2-3 slow orders, some of which last for months, and it's just... whatever, not a big deal. Just the level of scrutiny in Ottawa is beyond anything I expected.

Having said that...

I'm really curious if we're going to start seeing that level of scrutiny in Edmonton. We've had the NLRT debacle. The Valley Line Southeast is looking like it will be late. As of Q2 2019 the project was 68% on time, and is due to open in late 2020, so, I'm not holding out much hope it will be on time which with a transit network revamp before the LRT opens, riders are going to have to ride a replacement bus service for longer than intended.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:05 PM, Centralsmt said:

I remember looking around the BYD demo that STO was running back when the Rapibus opened. It had label-maker made numbers applied to the speedo to change it to km/h, amongst other quick fixes.