GOA transit news, info etc

I remember being on an Orion/Ikarus artic on route 95 when the driver "buried the needle" on a 120-km/h speedometer on the Queensway between Jeanne d'Arc and Blair, and again on the Transitway between Blair and Cyrville, and then driving 100 km/h between Cyrville and St. Laurent.

Route 95: 1980/06/02 -- 2019/10/05

1 minute ago, tomsbuspage said:

I remember being on an Orion/Ikarus artic on route 95 when the driver "buried the needle" on a 120-km/h speedometer on the Queensway between Jeanne d'Arc and Blair, and again on the Transitway between Blair and Cyrville, and then driving 100 km/h between Cyrville and St. Laurent.

Route 95: 1980/06/02 -- 2019/10/05

Did the GM artics also run on this route? I wasn't alive yet to know.

7 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Did the GM artics also run on this route? I wasn't alive yet to know.

Eventually, yes.  The GM artics were initially meant to operate only on route 65 (now 85), but as the Orion/Ikarus buses entered service, the GMs were sent wherever artics were needed.

EDIT: Here's a Bob Hussey photo of 8204 on route 95 in 1986:

https://public.fotki.com/esbdave/canadian-transit/ontario-transit-agencies/oc-transpo/oc-transpo-8204f.html

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Michel said:

Councillor Jeff Leiper posted a photo of the last 95 bus along with the first 75 bus: 

https://twitter.com/JLeiper/status/1180752652776411136

Surprised he managed to drag himself off his beloved bike long enough to travel on a bus, amazingly he never tweets about the dreadful regular bus service provision in his ward. An utter fraud of a Councillor.

11 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

The only reason he got those two buses to be next each other is because he a city Councillor. If you or I was to ask the answer more then likely would of been NO!! Unless your one of the drivers here on the board, it might be a different answer.

A significant portion of OC management was out for the last trip on the 95, it wasn't just because a councillor showed up.

• Like 1

With the #ReallyBigServiceChange now in effect, time to go into some details what routes (excluding the usual Connexion Routes) will be getting double decker buses during the weekdays:

• Route 6 - a few select trips only
  • Route 10 - many trips during the day
  • Route 11 - a few select trips only
  • Route 25 - a few select trips only
  • Route 30 - AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 33 - select trips only
  • Route 34 - some AM and PM rush hour trips; some midday trips
  • Route 35 - some select trips during the PM Rush Hour
  • Route 38 - some select trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 39 - many trips during the day, rush hour, and a couple of trips as N39.
  • Route 40 - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 44 - a number of trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 46 (old 86 in the east + old 112) - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 55 (old 101 + old 106) - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 57 (old 97 in the west) - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 61 - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 62 - select trips during PM rush hour only
  • Route 63 - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 64 - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 66 - many trips
  • Route 73 (old 94 in the west to/from Leikin/RCMP)- selected trips
  • Route 74 (old 94 in the west) - select trips mainly during the midday, with a couple of early evening trips (just after the PM rush hour)
  • Route 75 (old 95 in the west) - select trips during AM and PM rush hour, and select trips during the midday
  • Route 85 - select trips during the AM rush hour only, and select trips during the midday
  • Route 86 - select trips during the AM rush hour, many trips during the PM rush hour
  • Route 87 (old 87 in the west) - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 88 - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour, and select trips during the midday
  • Route 89 - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour
  • Route 90 - a number of trips during the AM rush hour, select trips during the PM rush hour
  • Route 93 - select trips during the AM rush hour, select trips during the midday, select trips during the PM rush hour
  • Route 97 - select trips during the early afternoon but prior to the PM rush hour
  • Route 98 - many trips
  • Route 99 - select trips during the AM and PM rush hour (the amount of trips with DDs is considerably fewer compared pre-LRT service arrangement)
  • Route 111 - many trips during the AM and PM rush hour, with some select midday trips
  • Route 153 - one odd trip going westbound from Tunney's Pasture to Lincoln Fields
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

What's your point?

That its easier for you and your fellow drivers(here on the board) to get certain pics of buses(like the one in question being discussed)then it is for any regular member on the board to get certain poses of buses like the one it question.

Basically if you where to ask you'd probably get those two buses in photo to pose. If I or any member(non driver) probably wouldn't be able to get those two buses to sign up like that. so more or less if you work for OC you got a better chance of getting certain bus poses then if you didn't work for OC.

7 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

The only reason he got those two buses to be next each other is because he a city Councillor. If you or I was to ask the answer more then likely would of been NO!! Unless your one of the drivers here on the board, it might be a different answer.

Funny enough, it was my idea to get the two side by side when we got down to Rideau. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Loud-Invero said:

Which trip would that be? I would like to know so I can get a video of it, please.

I don't want to reveal too much in specific details (trip time and run number). However as I write this post (1:57pm), that DD trip on Route 153 going westbound has yet to run today (but soon though!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1