GOA transit news, info etc

Buses are beginning to receive updates to the IVN. Of particular note is the removal of many business/establishment names, being replaced by just the street address. For example, stops at 2420 Bank Street and 1187 Hunt Club have "Dymon Storage" and "Children's Castle Daycare" removed from the announcement.

3 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

Buses are beginning to receive updates to the IVN. Of particular note is the removal of many business/establishment names, being replaced by just the street address. For example, stops at 2420 Bank Street and 1187 Hunt Club have "Dymon Storage" and "Children's Castle Daycare" removed from the announcement.

I noticed Loblaws & Sears have been removed from the Carlingwood announcements. 

11 hours ago, OCTranspoMaster said:

Fun fact; although not on the schedule, the last trip on the 85 goes to Rideau, though it still serves carlingwood mall even though it's closed.

(Edit: SORRY! Wrong thread... I hope the time of the post explains why...)

20190607_002455.jpg

20190607_002555.jpg

It’s always been like that. Heck, they even deadhead to Lees to start a return trip once they reach Rideau.

Somebody drove into the bus shelter for the 88 Hurdman at Robertson and Fitzgerald in Bells Corners. Robertson is (was) down to one lane eastbound at Fitzgerald. I don't have a picture but saw the aftermath while grabbing an iced cappuccino at Tim's around 3 PM.

21 minutes ago, bsnider001 said:

Somebody drove into the bus shelter for the 88 Hurdman at Robertson and Fitzgerald in Bells Corners. Robertson is (was) down to one lane eastbound at Fitzgerald. I don't have a picture but saw the aftermath while grabbing an iced cappuccino at Tim's around 3 PM.

I just saw it, will grab the after picture in 10 mins

The recent update also includes the removal of information from many destination signs. Among more notable ones are the removal of "via Carling" from the westbound 85, the "Main" being taken out of the 61's destination, which now reads "61 Stittsville via Terry Fox," and the removal of "via Bayshore" from the 97 Bells Corners sign.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

The recent update also includes the removal of information from many destination signs. Among more notable ones are the removal of "via Carling" from the westbound 85, the "Main" being taken out of the 61's destination, which now reads "61 Stittsville via Terry Fox," and the removal of "via Bayshore" from the 97 Bells Corners sign.

I noticed that this evening while heading to the gas station to pick up some junk snacks. I kind of disagree with the changes to the 97 and 85 destination sign. I think they should still say via "Carling" or "Richmond" as people who aren't familiar with those routes can be assured of how the bus is getting to Bayshore.

Wel lCity council decides to freeze fares instead of reducing them.Although I would of liked to see a fre reduction, at least we got a freeze. 

The vote was 24 to ?(not sure who voted against it?

I can just imagine if council voted for a fare increase ? I can see all hell breaking loos from the public. You want us to pay more yet service is getting worse , the LRT isn't open buses are either late or don't show up, yet you want us to pay more. I think council knew if they voted voted for a fare increase the transit public would of revolted.

7 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

The vote was 24 to ?(not sure who voted against it?

It was a unanimous vote.

7 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

I can just imagine if council voted for a fare increase ? I can see all hell breaking loos from the public. You want us to pay more yet service is getting worse , the LRT isn't open buses are either late or don't show up, yet you want us to pay more. I think council knew if they voted voted for a fare increase the transit public would of revolted.

They're happy to try and charge RTG for it.