GOA transit news, info etc

6 hours ago, STO_1601 said:

OC drivers too.

Not surprised, they have to drive to even be able to get to work most of the time reliably. They might as well drive everywhere else.

(btw, it's Société de transport de l'Outaouais for your signature)

On 11/4/2018 at 1:52 PM, MCIBUS said:

Although we don't know exactly what happened before the argument, it was uncalled for the driver to call the woman  "A slut" in french(according to the articular).Also the driver shouldn't of drove with the ladues foot hanging out the door. 

The driver 100% did call her a "Salope", meaning "slut".

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, STO_1601 said:

Jesus, what's with all the shit coming from the STO?

Passenger argument, drunk driving, possible assualt because of being English... STO needs to step up their game because I find alot of driver are too aggressive and are especially annoyed if you can't say "Comment puis-je arriver à Buckingham?" In their native tongue...

Hopefully witnesses come forward.

• Like 1

That's uncalled for. No one should assault someone  regardless if the individual has disability or not or can't speak the langue.

Although what happen to this individual was bad & wrong, what was worst(not saying the assault wasn't)that the STO driver was intoxicated and was driving. Lucky the driver didn't smash into someone injuring them or even worst killing them. This drive should be fired.

• Like 1

Firing is not something you just do because of one wrongdoing.

It’s a workplace culture that needs to change straight down from management. It starts on from all different levels:

- focusing on a customer centric / safety based hiring process

- training and education of acceptable behaviours in the workplace

- superintendents and supervisors tone, etc

Firing the driver only pleases the public, it does very little to prevent the next incident, and also brings a workplace culture of fear and unhappiness.

(sorry for being overly educated)

$2 Saturdays and Sundays in December and January with your Multi!

9ee659b30d.jpg

On all Saturdays and Sundays in December and January  , use your e-wallet or Occasional Multi to travel on the regular system and paratransit for only $2!

You don't have your Multi? Discover the many advantages.

Sto is also planning on eliminating the cardboard Day Pass (Date unconfirmed) 

Passe-temps

6bac57575a.jpg

Now available on the Multi

Still $8.50, the Passe-temps gives you unlimited travel for an entire day.

On the Multi, it is automatically activated when first validated on an STO bus. Once activated on an STO bus, you can use it as often as you wish on STO and OC Transpo routes during the card's validity period.  

With the cardboard card, just scratch the day and month when you want to use it. Although this version is slated to be discontinued in a few months, the STO will honour it as a valid pass until further notice. 

• Like 1

STO is leaving people behind...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/sto-overcrowded-bus-transit-western-quebec-outaouais-ottawa-1.4929556

• The number of overcrowded buses has risen 70% compared to last year.
  • The 200 was the most overcrowded (Shocker) 24, 59, 100, and 400 also "busy."
  • The stop bypassed the most was in Ottawa "close to Parliament Hill near Wellington and Bank Streets." I'm assuming Wellington/bank stop.
  • STO explains that its ridership is up 15% since January.
  • STO will try to maximize its resources during rush hour and optimize its articulated buses. 
  • From 2020-2024, STO plans to purchase 153 new buses, some will replace older buses. 

Well, at least their ridership isn't decreasing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ikarus said:

STO is leaving people behind...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/sto-overcrowded-bus-transit-western-quebec-outaouais-ottawa-1.4929556

• The number of overcrowded buses has risen 70% compared to last year.
  • The 200 was the most overcrowded (Shocker) 24, 59, 100, and 400 also "busy."
  • The stop bypassed the most was in Ottawa "close to Parliament Hill near Wellington and Bank Streets." I'm assuming Wellington/bank stop.
  • STO explains that its ridership is up 15% since January.
  • STO will try to maximize its resources during rush hour and optimize its articulated buses. 
  • From 2020-2024, STO plans to purchase 153 new buses, some will replace older buses. 

Well, at least their ridership isn't decreasing. 

I've noticed in Dec. 2017 when the 200 starts running to replace route 400 during peak periods, they'd send 4 articulated buses, of which only 2 of them are empty almost all of its run because they're sending all of them on the same route at the same time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

From what I understand the individual involved contributed massively to her own misfortune.

So the person stepped out IN FRONT of the bus ???  I agree that she did indeed contribute to her own misfortune. I do hope she learned a valuable lesson but perhaps not. People like her feel they can do no wrong. After reading this I will just be shaking my head at this all day.