GOA transit news, info etc

I don't agree with that. Every issue I've brought up with my local councillor has been pointedly ignored, and local bus service has in fact got worse instead on the premise that "LRT is coming" even though it doesn't help me much at all.

2 hours ago, HB_1024 said:

I don't agree with that. Every issue I've brought up with my local councillor has been pointedly ignored, and local bus service has in fact got worse instead on the premise that "LRT is coming" even though it doesn't help me much at all.

Is this Kanata South? If so I agree

4 hours ago, CyrusKafaiWu said:

Finally, when is this? And who got these numbers! :P

The initial meeting took place this morning with the councillors and OC Management. The councillors themselves released the numbers last week when announcing that they had requested a meeting, both are on record as describing the recent service levels as "unacceptable".

Random Fact: the 176 is being changed to 80 with an orange frequent designation. But, the wait times are scheduled up to 20 minutes between 6am to 6pm from Monday to Friday. 

15 hours ago, JCL said:

http://ottawa.ca/en/news/oc-transpo-spring-service-starts-april-23

In addition to the service change announcement, there are a few items of interest:

1) Introduction of exterior bus announcement

2) New barcode for paper-transfers

3) Discontinuation of paper bus passes and paper tickets

Goodbye to those that would hoard paper tickets keeping the lower rate (though, it is noted that current tickets at $1.70 will be honoured until June 30, 2018).

The writing was on the wall for a very long time along with announcements confirming the phaseout of paper based media. I know some people would still hold onto purchasing paper tickets at certain retailers if they held a certain card that gave them a higher percentage back for shopping at a certain retailer such as cash back cards.

I know with the President's Choice World Elite MasterCard, the cardholder would get 30 PC Points back (3 percent) for every dollar spent at Loblaws, banner stores or Shoppers Drug Mart stores. Along with finding a store that sells fare media (I remember when I once bought a monthly pass at the Southgate Shoppers Drug Mart store years ago).

Maybe I will purchase some tickets for collection purposes though. 

14 hours ago, OCtranspo10 said:

Is this Kanata South? If so I agree

Kanata South transit service is brutal. Especially on weekends/holidays where it is only the 168 that is running. 

The last time I was in Kanata South on a weekend to reach Real Canadian Superstore, I had to take the entire loop from the north until I got to the south. Took roughly 40 minutes including walking. Where as the 161 would have gotten me there much quicker, more direct. Except it doesn't run on weekends. 

Along with no rapid transit route (I think they are reserving route 64 for future use when demand is warranted). Essentially taking 164 (previous well known local route) along with keeping in order with the other routes in line (61, 62 and 63 routes designated as rapid transit routes). 

13 hours ago, Centralsmt said:

The initial meeting took place this morning with the councillors and OC Management. The councillors themselves released the numbers last week when announcing that they had requested a meeting, both are on record as describing the recent service levels as "unacceptable".

I don't know how they are having so many cancellations or missing trips. Especially forecasting the demands based on available supply. 

I think people would rather seen actionable solutions than just simply knowing there is a problem, but not finding a solution or implementing one because it is too difficult. 

7 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

I don't know how they are having so many cancellations or missing trips. Especially forecasting the demands based on available supply. 

I think people would rather seen actionable solutions than just simply knowing there is a problem, but not finding a solution or implanting one because it is too difficult. 

I have been sent a response from one of the councillors who attended the meeting with a broad outline of the problems, however there is a further report to be produced and until that has it would be unwise to make any further comments particularly on a forum such as this.

18 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Goodbye to those that would hoard paper tickets keeping the lower rate (though, it is noted that current tickets at $1.70 will be honoured until June 30, 2018).

The writing was on the wall for a very long time along with announcements confirming the phaseout of paper based media. I know some people would still hold onto purchasing paper tickets at certain retailers if they held a certain card that gave them a higher percentage back for shopping at a certain retailer such as cash back cards.

I know with the President's Choice World Elite MasterCard, the cardholder would get 30 PC Points back (3 percent) for every dollar spent at Loblaws, banner stores or Shoppers Drug Mart stores. Along with finding a store that sells fare media (I remember when I once bought a monthly pass at the Southgate Shoppers Drug Mart store years ago).

Maybe I will purchase some tickets for collection purposes though. 

(3.40*0.98)-(3.35*(0.97))

(ticket fare with 3% cashback credit card if tickets bought at Loblaws) - (presto fare with 2% cash back if uses auto reload) = 0.0825

why did I calculate this

18 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

How about road closures, traffic disruptions, dead buses, unrealistically-timed deadheads and schedules, staff shortage, and general delays? Forecasts mean nothing when everything is factored in.

2 hours ago, Waiting for 30 Minutes said:

How about road closures, traffic disruptions, dead buses, unrealistically-timed deadheads and schedules, staff shortage, and general delays? Forecasts mean nothing when everything is factored in.

I blame the removal of pens in the budget as the root cause

• 4 weeks later...

Bus 5050 is the first bus to get the new IVN software and it is in demo now. Difference is better specs on the computer itself, with the different layout  coming later this year. 

As well as next booking, there will be more 95 DD runs on Saturday, with a couple interlining with the 4 and 104, and the DD runs will be out later. Last one in the garage for 22:45.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OCtranspo10 said:

As well as next booking, there will be more 95 DD runs on Saturday, with a couple interlining with the 4 and 104, and the DD runs will be out later. Last one in the garage for 22:45.

Two comments:

1) That Saturday run that interlines with Routes 4 and 104 only does "one-round trip" on those two routes (104-4-4-104).

2) In terms of the last DD run to be back at the garage, on Saturday the last one I see is 22:07, and the last on Sundays is 22:27 - the last scheduled trips on both respective runs starts just before 9pm. I don't see any DD runs back at the garage at 22:45.

For Canada Day, there will be 63 runs scheduled with DDs

- 4 runs assigned to Route 6 (506s)

- 1 run assigned to Route 11 (511)

- 4 runs assigned to Route 12 (512s)

- 6 runs assigned to Route 61 (561s)

- 4 runs assigned to Route 62 (562s)

- 6 runs assigned to Route 85 (585s)

- 3 runs assigned to Route 86 (586s), one is on the 86C all day, while the remaining two are 86Bs

- 1 run assigned to Route 94 (594)

- 3 runs assigned to Route 95 (595s) - the catch is that they seem to have deliberately put them on very early morning runs and are back at the garage very early in the day

- 2 runs assigned to Route 97 (597s)

- 1 run assigned to Route 98 (598) 

- The remaining 28 runs will be Extras (500s) - could be seen on any other routes, depending how the Transit Control/Supervisors want to use those runs throughout the day (either to cover trips or do unscheduled supplement trips, or to shuttle police/EMS staff).

14 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

And when will the DDs be back at the garage Canada Day? Will they be out past 11PM? 

The DD will not be out past 11pm. Many DD runs will gradually return to the garage starting 4pm. In fact, the last DD run will be back at the garage just before 8pm (scheduled time).

8 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

So is the oldgarage closing? or Is this new garage going to be a second garage additional to the old one?

Additional

Charter

STO 7901

Get your spot reserved now for the STO Charter of 7901 on July 8.

https://webmail.bell.net/appsuite/api/mail/STO 7901 Fan Trip Flyer and Waiver - 08JUL17.pdf?action=attachment&folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=101081&attachment=2&delivery=view

I've already did so.I believe register by the CTHF is the only way of getting a spot. 

If ytour a memember(as I am) the easiest way is if you have PAY PAL is go to their web site and pay for it via Pay Pal.

Click Below

http://onocan.info/page35a.html

11 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

Charter

STO 7901

Get your spot reserved now for the STO Charter of 7901 on July 8.

https://webmail.bell.net/appsuite/api/mail/STO 7901 Fan Trip Flyer and Waiver - 08JUL17.pdf?action=attachment&folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=101081&attachment=2&delivery=view

I've already did so.I believe register by the CTHF is the only way of getting a spot. 

If ytour a memember(as I am) the easiest way is if you have PAY PAL is go to their web site and pay for it via Pay Pal.

Click Below

http://onocan.info/page35a.html

Wow, the only weekend I'm busy

The STO have introduced two new Multi cards for Canada's 150th birthday:

http://www.sto.ca/index.php?id=64&L=en#c2054

rstlaurent_EN_Image-Rot_1_3jours_jpg_7b8

Passe-temps

6cf0da27ee.jpg

Now available on the Multi, adapted to the 150th!

Still $8.50, the Passe-temps gives you unlimited travel for an entire day.

On the Multi, it is automatically activated when first validated on an STO bus. Once activated on an STO bus, you can use it as often as you wish on STO and OC Transpo routes during the card's validity period. 

With the cardboard card, just scratch the day and month when you want to use it. Although this version is slated to be discontinued in a few months, the STO will honour it as a valid pass until further notice. 

In addition:

• it is cheaper than a paper ticket;
  • there is no need for change to take a bus;
  • it means paperless and unrestricted transfers;
  • no proof of residence is required, so deal for visitors;
  • it can be loaded at one of the Service Points, at the recharging sites or at one of the three Tourisme Outaouais summer booths:

• Maison du tourisme (103 rue Laurier)
    • Canadian Museum of History (100 rue Laurier) – starting July 1, 2017
    • Jacques-Cartier Park, official site of MosaïCanada – starting July 1, 2017
  • it can be recharged at the STO's Service Points;
  • it is non-refundable if lost or stolen.

L'Escapade

f641066b7b.jpg

The new STO transit pass that helps you make the most of the 150th festivities!

With L'Escapade, you get unlimited trips for 3 consecutive days for only $20. It is easy to use! When you first board an STO bus, just pass your card in front of the reader.

Once the card is activated on an STO bus, you can use it as often as you wish on STO and OC Transpo routes during the card's validity period. 

In addition:

• it is cheaper than a paper ticket;
  • there is no need for change to take a bus;
  • it means paperless and unrestricted transfers;
  • no proof of residence is required, so deal for visitors;
  • it can be loaded at one of the Service Points, at the recharging sites or at one of the three Tourisme Outaouais summer booths:

• Maison du tourisme (103 rue Laurier)
    • Canadian Museum of History (100 rue Laurier) – starting July 1, 2017
    • Jacques-Cartier Park, official site of MosaïCanada – starting July 1, 2017
  • it can be recharged at the STO's Service Points;
  • it is non-refundable if lost or stolen.

There will be a technical briefing, followed by a news conference tomorrow on how OC Transpo and STO will integrate their services with the O-Train Confederation Line. 

http://ottawa.ca/en/news/ottawa-and-gatineau-sign-agreement-harmonizing-public-transit-arrival-o-train-confederation-line-2018

Interestingly enough, this will take place at STO's new garage.