Cardinal Coach Lines (First Canada)

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Does that one with decals already have a damaged mirror?

That's a cheap way of putting the logo on the buses - it's not even individual decals, it's just slap on a big rectangle.

Yeah I noticed that damaged mirror and those I am bettin they very expensive! As for the logo, I don't think that is permanent and I believe they will be doing more to it. I think those decals were already on the coach before delivery to the Calgary operations. Probably from it's former location for First Group.

• 1 month later...

A note from a friend of mine who works at First Group (Cardinal) in Calgary: "We leased 30 2004 Setra 417's from a place in the US for a six month contract in Fort Mac. Then they are going to Greyhound for a year."

I find that part about them running for Greyhound for a year is very interesting. Not sure if he is referring to running for the US Greyhound or the Canadian Greyhound. So I will try and find out a bit more about that.

A note from a friend of mine who works at First Group (Cardinal) in Calgary: "We leased 30 2004 Setra 417's from a place in the US for a six month contract in Fort Mac. Then they are going to Greyhound for a year."

I find that part about them running for Greyhound for a year is very interesting. Not sure if he is referring to running for the US Greyhound or the Canadian Greyhound. SO I will try and find out a bit more about that.

Wow Sertas running for Greyhound :) That would be quite a sight!

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Would it be bad to say good ridance to 1188?? :wacko:

I was pretty sure 1190 had joined the ex hounds at Cardinal too. Trust me I doubt any hound driver, your truely included thinks it would be bad. ;P

I find that part about them running for Greyhound for a year is very interesting. Not sure if he is referring to running for the US Greyhound or the Canadian Greyhound. SO I will try and find out a bit more about that.

I have heard that rumour a few times about Greyhound getting to try out those Setras. I'll believe it when I see it. Yeah it would be a quite a sight but I don't think they would hold up too long under the abuse that Greyhound would put them through. Can we say repeat of the G model fiasco?

#988, #1188 and #932 have had their Greyhound logos removed and are decaled as "First Canada"

#1029 and #879 are still in the Greyhound Canada livery.

Here is #988 at the Calgary Yard.

Saw a note on the whiteboard at work last night saying "1188 in Dawson Creek" needing A/C parts.... Could it have been a different contrap.... err, G that you saw??

Edit:

1188 at the Edmonton garage on February 13, 2010 still with full Greyhound decnals...

1188.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Saw a note on the whiteboard at work last night saying "1188 in Dawson Creek" needing A/C parts.... Could it have been a different contrap.... err, G that you saw??

Edit:

1188 at the Edmonton garage on February 13, 2010 still with full Greyhound decnals...

1188.jpg

I didn't think 1188 was amongst those that left Greyhound. I'm still almost certain 1190 did though. I could probably track down the Vancouver sign out sheets for that day to find out.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't think 1188 was amongst those that left Greyhound. I'm still almost certain 1190 did though. I could probably track down the Vancouver sign out sheets for that day to find out.

Yes, 1190 has been at the First Canada (Cardinal) yards in N.E. Calgary for about a month or more now. Attached are images of 1190 and 932 with First Canada Decals. Also spotted 875 with First decals in the main yard parked amongst the coaches that are generally used for Commuter runs to Aidrie and Strathmore.

160310-00820first932.jpg160310-00821first1190.jpg

nice shots

Thanks!

932 has now vanished from where I photographed it (Shown in my earlier post) and 1190 still remains there.

Today I managed to capture MC-9 "Special" #879 with First Canada decals on it and still with the older Greyhound livery on the front portion of the roof. Photos taken while heading north on Edmonton Trail in Calgary with "Edmonton Express" on the destination sign:

240310-8117first879.jpg240310-8118first879.jpg

How big is the Cardinal coach garage? I'm just wondering why Greyhound coaches aren't being serviced there since both companies share a common ownership..

The Cardinal garage is rather full usually. I don't think there's any space to service Greyhound coaches at this time.

How big is the Cardinal coach garage? I'm just wondering why Greyhound coaches aren't being serviced there since both companies share a common ownership..

I have spotted a few Greyhound Coaches at the Cardinal shops in the past year or so. #1151 comes to mind and I recently saw it still operating for Greyhound.

And here is a shot of Ex-Greyhound #6546 at Cardinal the other day:

240310-00882first6546.jpg

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this question, but, with First taking over many operations across the country, and with the coaches in Alberta being relabelled, could this also be seen with transit operations as well?? There are a few conracts here in Ontario, but those vehicles are still shown in their original colours (ex. YRT - Newmarket division)

Go one step further, could we see the paint schemes from the UK, here?? Some of New Jersey Transit's RTS were repainted to Stagecoach colours.... Maybe its just speculation on my part.....