rider1

favorite transitway station

Hey everyone,.

Now that the transitway has been with us for a while. and we have many stations now,was curious to know what your favorite stations are,.and perhaps the one you thought has the most intriguing design interior.

Mine? STill is lincoln fields station, with its 2 level main structure,.lots of light and the kiosk on level 1.

SEcond, is ST laurent with its lower level where 95 comes in,. which is as close to a metro as we have right now.

Thought i would throw this out to you and see what other peopes likes are.

Rob,

Here's mine,

1. Billings Bridge (hey it's my home station so it has to be my favorite)

2. Hurdman (mmmmm.... chaos)

3. The Bus stop request stop where the 96 goes off at the exit before the 416 interchange coming from Kanata (I don't know if that is really considered a transitway station but I like the stop request feature on that where you push the button for the bus to come)

4. St. Laurent Station Lower and Upper Level

And that's about it.

Here's mine,

3. The Bus stop request stop where the 96 goes off at the exit before the 416 interchange coming from Kanata (I don't know if that is really considered a transitway station but I like the stop request feature on that where you push the button for the bus to come)

And that's about it.

Nope, it's not considered a Transitway station. In the future, they will be building one at that location, and it will be called Moodie Station.

Nope, it's not considered a Transitway station. In the future, they will be building one at that location, and it will be called Moodie Station.

Okay I'll update my post.

Here's mine,

3. The future Moodie Station

And that's about it.

My favorite Transitway station - Terry Fox. It's modern, convenient and it hasn't got elevators for the idiots to use as toilets. Bayshore and Lincoln Fields looses points for that in my books.

My second favorite is Mackenzie King, for it's design and underpass.

My third favorite is St. Laurent and it would have beaten Mackenzie King in my books if it weren't for the terrible chills durring winter and exaust fumes in the summer.

My favorite Transitway station - Terry Fox. It's modern, convenient and it hasn't got elevators for the idiots to use as toilets. Bayshore and Lincoln Fields looses points for that in my books.

My second favorite is Mackenzie King, for it's design and underpass.

My third favorite is St. Laurent and it would have beaten Mackenzie King in my books if it weren't for the terrible chills durring winter and exaust fumes in the summer.

I really like Billings...The two tiers is great.

but I also like the tile work at Pleasent Park. It would be nice to see that kind of stuff all over the transitway, kinda like in the NYC Subways.

I like the Train station. It connects with VIA Rail which operates out of Toronto. Hope to visit Ottawa sometime.

Oh yeah forgot about that. Yeah I like it's design because the transitway goes below grade level and I just find it cool. I really don't know why I find it cool but I just do.

Favourite: St Laurent. The general design is easy to navigate.

Least favourite: Train. Going westbound is basically hit-or-miss with buses going 80km/h around a blind corner. You're lucky if they stop in time.

Least favourite: Train. Going westbound is basically hit-or-miss with buses going 80km/h around a blind corner. You're lucky if they stop in time.

Speed limit is 50 km/h around each station even going through it.

But yeah I think there doing 80 km/h around that corner sometimes.

OC Transpo should get some cops there and check how fast they come around the corner and if they need to enforce it. But chances of this happening is like none right?

Speed limit is 50 km/h around each station even going through it.

But yeah I think there doing 80 km/h around that corner sometimes.

OC Transpo should get some cops there and check how fast they come around the corner and if they need to enforce it. But chances of this happening is like none right?

There is usually a security patrol car(or two), and even sometimes a supervisor sitting on Tremblay Rd.(the road that is visible while coming around the corner).

OC 4439

queensway is aboout the same

fav stn

terry fox

and trim

I like Hurdman best, just because it is like MT's CCT. Endless action :rolleyes:

Next on my list would be St Laurent and Train, just because those were the other two stations I used most, followed by Greenboro and South Keys.

I'm going to say I hate all the transitway stations equally since they are all disgustingly dirty and smell like pee!

I'm also amazed at how much cleaner the TTC busses and streetcars are than the OC transpo busses I was used too. TTC stations are also soo much cleaner! But this is because they are all fare paid zones unlike Ottawa's free for all :-P

But I'd also like to say I hate the architecture of the transitway stations. The Glass+Concrete+Red look is really really ugly. The stations are also pretty confusing.

If I had to name a favorite I'd have to say it would be Tunney's Pasture station as it allways seems to have fire damage every time I go near it :-P

I'm going to say I hate all the transitway stations equally since they are all disgustingly dirty and smell like pee!

I'm also amazed at how much cleaner the TTC busses and streetcars are than the OC transpo busses I was used too. TTC stations are also soo much cleaner! But this is because they are all fare paid zones unlike Ottawa's free for all :-P

But I'd also like to say I hate the architecture of the transitway stations. The Glass+Concrete+Red look is really really ugly. The stations are also pretty confusing.

If I had to name a favorite I'd have to say it would be Tunney's Pasture station as it allways seems to have fire damage every time I go near it :-P

All Transitway station are unsupervised. So god knows when you see couples making love around the corner. :D

Hey, it's red means that's OC Transpo is red. Most of the stations were build in the 80's.

Could you imagine being on a bus and having it pulled over for speeding? The driver would look pretty stupid sitting there getting a ticket.

Could you imagine being on a bus and having it pulled over for speeding? The driver would look pretty stupid sitting there getting a ticket.

I saw it once in Toronto, some driver got pulled over by police whiel driving on the 85 Sheppard East.

My favorite station (for I don't live in Ottawa)? Probably Mackenzie King.

I saw it once in Toronto, some driver got pulled over by police whiel driving on the 85 Sheppard East.

I would of had that done to me one day when going to school because the police were checking speeds but the bus was all alone and he didn't even bother to check the speed of the bus.

Also I was talking to this officer once and apparently if a cop breaks a law and another cop sees the cop do that, they can pull over that cop and give them a ticket! :D Isn't that the strangest thing ever? There are exceptions for this though like if there responding to something.

that's the least of my concerns when i'm riding, it's supposed to be rapid transit!

I've been in building and parking garage stairwells that are a lot worse. I can't remember being in a station that smells or is overly dirty.

I've been in transit facilities in other cities that are much worse that any transitway station

I feel there well designed and attractive. My favorites are St. Luarent and Billings.

My favorite is Greenboro; the plaque at the entrance to the O-Train walkway is in memory of a good friend of mine, the late Darrell Richards of Transport 2000. Darrell came up with the basic design of the station: cut through what had been a blank concrete wall, extend the walkway over the bus parking lot to the tracks, and build the platform there. The plaque was unveiled June 26, 2004; you can see my pictures of the ceremony here.