• Announcements

• A. Wong

Saddened by loss of Winnipeg Transit driver   02/15/2017

We are saddened by the loss of Winnipeg Transit driver Irvine (Jubal) Fraser who was attacked while on the job and unfortunately passed away.
      A GoFundMe page has been set up by Winnipeg Transit colleagues to help Fraser's widow and family. We wish to extend our condolences to family and friends affected by this tragic event. View CBC News Article: Man charged with murder in attack on Winnipeg Transit driver
    • A. Wong

Upcoming Server Move   02/18/2017

Hello everyone! Please be advised that CPTDB and CPTDB Wiki will be unavailable starting the evening of February 25, 2017. We will be moving to another server. Users will be unable to view or post content during this time. We expect it to be up sometime on Feburary 26, 2017. A new announcement will take the place of this one, so you will know when the site is online and you are accessing it from the new server. Thanks! -A. Wong
      on behalf of CPTDB Admin
canuck600

Christmas Overloads

140 posts in this topic

So far I haven't seen a single non Greyhound doing a overload. What has everybody else been seeing? Slow year?

Saw a white J4500 numbered 129 the other day (posted in another thread) - must've been an overload since it was in the downtown Edmonton Greyhound depot. Other than that, there hasn't been a bus in the back compound for months now when I go by.

I saw an American Greyhound MC-12 unit leaving the bus station in Ottawa yesterday. It was # 3004, in the new paint job and signed up "Toronto".

Things finally started happening today as I saw a ISL J #990, Two National Motorcoach H's & a CBL H working overloads today. Yesterday I aparently missed a Thompson Valley Charter coach or so one of my Salmon Arm Depot contacts tells me.

Things finally started happening today as I saw a ISL J #990, Two National Motorcoach H's & a CBL H working overloads today. Yesterday I aparently missed a Thompson Valley Charter coach or so one of my Salmon Arm Depot contacts tells me.

Yeah I spotted Thompson Valley (Ex-Greyhound Canada) MCI 102C3 #944 in Calgary painted in green a few days ago! Not sure if this was working an overload or not, But I am suspecting so.

I saw an American Greyhound MC-12 unit leaving the bus station in Ottawa yesterday. It was # 3004, in the new paint job and signed up "Toronto".

Saw this bus again in Ottawa today. Turns out that it's numbered # 6004 and the American Flags are gone. Must have recently been transfered to Canada.

Saw this bus again in Ottawa today. Turns out that it's numbered # 6004 and the American Flags are gone. Must have recently been transfered to Canada.

Actually, according to the list they gave us (Fleet Number Conversion Sheet) 3004 is now 8004...

Actually, according to the list they gave us (Fleet Number Conversion Sheet) 3004 is now 8004...

Thanks for the correction. Kinda hard to see when you're doing 120 KM's in the opposite direction. 3 - 6 - 8 it's all the same :P

going through chatham have been alot of american buses...some converted to canada some still have american flags and texas plates

last night had 6704(d4500) with CHARTER SERVICE on it.

and here is 8005(mc-12)

also alot of 2900 series mc-12's and L6000 series aswell lately.

other than that aboutown had been using there 3 charter buses for overloads out of london when needed but recently they have just been doing there regualr routes

gh6704.jpg

gh8005.jpg

gh6704.jpg

gh8005.jpg

post-384-1230729779_thumb.jpg

post-384-1230729835_thumb.jpg

im taking greyhound on dec 24 from north battleford to calgary, i wonder if i might get a overload or a greyhound, the trip #5405 if it helps anyone. and my return is #5206

Spotted a couple of Groupe Galland H3-45 buses parked at the Ottawa bus station the other day. Not sure if these were overload standbys for points east or north of Montreal.

A couple National motorcoaches (Prevosts) showed up at my shop the past couple days, along with a MPM Canada Prevosts

In Salmon Arm today doing overloads, Thompson Valley Charter 923, CBL 806 & National 125

Dallas Coach sent 2 buses to the toronto bus termanal today for overloads... I was asked to take one, but they said there was a good chance that one was going to Ottawa in the afternoon, so I had to decline....

Spotted a Dallas coach in London at the Greyhound terminal earlier this week. One of the numbers on the driver's side was partly missing. Nice looking coach. It was likely on the Toronto/London/Toronto sector.

Only briefly saw the Greyhound depot today, but appeared that there was a Luciak C3, and a pair of Golden Arrow J's helping Greyhound out.

At the Calgary Terminal on Christmas Eve were Thompson Valley Charter 942 (White) & Thompson Valley Charter 944 (Green), both ex-Canadian Hounds of course.

National has been doing a lot of work for Greyhound too out of Calgary.

Pinnacle 8708, a H3-41 was helping out on Christmas Eve too in Calgary.

rode national 176 from edm to cal on the 24th express, and glc 1273 from north battleford sk to edm

at the coach Terminal in Toronto I saw a Luduc Prevost, some leased Greyhound lines buses including some new prevost and lots of old leased/sold Greyhound lines MCI's to Greyhound Canada which I got one to and from Peterborough

I saw some coaches yesterday from the Western Mustangs.

The Western Mustang coaches are owned and operated by Greyhound. Western has first divs on them if they require a coach for their teams. otherwise the coaches are based in London and operate in schedulued service.