Christmas Overloads

canuck600

YEs overloads are unavoidable at christmas, and sometimes u just can help it if u have 60 bye passengers u have to overload u dont have much of a choice!! And I think Christmas this year should be much better as we got the excellent team of former Kamloops dispatchers working this year so I think they will and already have been a big help in Burlington!! Plus I think they have more drivers this year augmenting over christmas and more buses to make things transition a little better!! If drivers pull manifests for regularly full schedules then u know how many purchased tickets u have enroute, Thats an easy way to avoid situations in smaller places when ur full or close to it!

It's pretty much guaranteed at least 2-3 out of the 4 TCH schedules between Vancouver and Calgary will run 2 sections through Christmas.And the Midnight Edmonton to Saskatoon for sure! Also many of the Edmonton to Calgary schedules and Edmonton-Kamloops!

Spotted Dallas Coach 9622, 2716, 2425 and2718 doing Greyhound overloads yesterday and today

To add, GTA is down here with those knock off third party SETRA buses, Quantum limo 3079 and the recently acquired Ex niagara scenic tour bus (blue H3) Peter left a while ago with his #66 a MCI 102 looking sharp in its ex Parkinson livery. Great Canadian also had a bus in the platform with a greyhound sign in the window.

@ Toronto coach terminal

Depends on whether or not you made a reservation for that trip or not, if you reserved you have a guaranteed seat, if you didn't reserve you'll have to take your chances that you might be able to find space on the overload. Keep in mind that people between Edmonton & Calgary will have reserved seats so the overload or the regular sched could leave Edmonton with empty seats to pick up people further down the line.

I'm going from Edmonton to Calgary from the main depot tomorrow @ 8am. What is the probability that I will get bumped to a later trip? I bought my ticket two weeks ago.

If you got a ticket you are assured of a seat on the schedule you are ticketed for. You can change the trip for a fee provided the ticketed schedule hasn't departed already. The computer is programed not to allow ticket sales for a trip if they have no seats left. If there is an overload planned they allow the extra capacity in the computer system.

CBL 5202 made an appearance on the Greyhound Christmas overload scene in Vancouver on December 23. If I wasn't busy loading my own Christmas overload from Vancouver to Prince George I would have caught a photo or two. CBL 939 an 950 made their presence known in Vancouver yesterday.

Prevost you ask this question every year. CBL has the overload contract for Greyhound, when it's a busy situation like Christmas every serviceable coach is put into service, it's all about moving people, every coach is on deck along with every driver. In the 90's when I was at Quick the owners of CBL & Quick would be driving at Christmas. If you drove by CBL's yard prior to Christmas I would expect you would find the yard empty or nearly empty. Again when it's busy like this everything goes and I would expect the H3-45's would be among the first coaches to go out, sometimes 5 or 6 extra seats might be the difference between running two sections or having to add a 3rd section.

Prevost you ask this question every year. CBL has the overload contract for Greyhound, when it's a busy situation like Christmas every serviceable coach is put into service, it's all about moving people, every coach is on deck along with every driver. In the 90's when I was at Quick the owners of CBL & Quick would be driving at Christmas. If you drove by CBL's yard prior to Christmas I would expect you would find the yard empty or nearly empty. Again when it's busy like this everything goes and I would expect the H3-45's would be among the first coaches to go out, sometimes 5 or 6 extra seats might be the difference between running two sections or having to add a 3rd section.

Haha, sorry. you know it's been a year and I forgot I have asked the question already. What I guess I want to say is you would think they would give the nicer/newer coaches to tour contracts instead.

Exactly next to no tour contracts in Winter other then transfers to Whistler and hockey team contracts, besides any contact work outside of Greyhound would have been taken into account beforehand and the coach needed would be have been assigned already. Say for example the Vancouver Giants(I think CBL still has this contract and has a coach wrapped for the team) are playing over the Christmas holiday, in the days or days prior the coach used by the Giants might work overloads for Greyhound but they will only send it out on stuff like Whistler or Nanaimo trips so they can have it in town when they need it. Same thing if they have a specific driver assigned to the Giants work CBL will make sure he will have enough hours available to do the Giants trip by either assigning another driver to the Giants coach while it's doing Greyhound work or by scheduling the driver in such a way he will have the hours available to drive the Giants or scheduling days off for him so he can "reset" his hours of service. http://www.todaystrucking.com/hours-of-service-canada-us-comparison

Dallas 2623 did the 2:30 Toronto-Ottawa Express today

2007 did the Kitchener Local

2425 did the Toronto-Ottawa at 6am

Yesterday

Dallas 9622 did the London Local from Toronto and Toronto Local from London

2007 did the Kitchener/Guelph Local

2425 sat as a spare downtown