Christmas Overloads

canuck600

• Board Admin

Saw a white J4500 numbered 129 the other day (posted in another thread) - must've been an overload since it was in the downtown Edmonton Greyhound depot. Other than that, there hasn't been a bus in the back compound for months now when I go by.

Things finally started happening today as I saw a ISL J #990, Two National Motorcoach H's & a CBL H working overloads today. Yesterday I aparently missed a Thompson Valley Charter coach or so one of my Salmon Arm Depot contacts tells me.

Yeah I spotted Thompson Valley (Ex-Greyhound Canada) MCI 102C3 #944 in Calgary painted in green a few days ago! Not sure if this was working an overload or not, But I am suspecting so.

I saw an American Greyhound MC-12 unit leaving the bus station in Ottawa yesterday. It was # 3004, in the new paint job and signed up "Toronto".

Saw this bus again in Ottawa today. Turns out that it's numbered # 6004 and the American Flags are gone. Must have recently been transfered to Canada.

Saw this bus again in Ottawa today. Turns out that it's numbered # 6004 and the American Flags are gone. Must have recently been transfered to Canada.

Actually, according to the list they gave us (Fleet Number Conversion Sheet) 3004 is now 8004...

going through chatham have been alot of american buses...some converted to canada some still have american flags and texas plates

last night had 6704(d4500) with CHARTER SERVICE on it.

and here is 8005(mc-12)

also alot of 2900 series mc-12's and L6000 series aswell lately.

other than that aboutown had been using there 3 charter buses for overloads out of london when needed but recently they have just been doing there regualr routes

gh6704.jpg

gh8005.jpg

• 11 months later...
In Salmon Arm today doing overloads, Thompson Valley Charter 923, CBL 806 & National 125

Dallas Coach sent 2 buses to the toronto bus termanal today for overloads... I was asked to take one, but they said there was a good chance that one was going to Ottawa in the afternoon, so I had to decline....

At the Calgary Terminal on Christmas Eve were Thompson Valley Charter 942 (White) & Thompson Valley Charter 944 (Green), both ex-Canadian Hounds of course.

National has been doing a lot of work for Greyhound too out of Calgary.

Pinnacle 8708, a H3-41 was helping out on Christmas Eve too in Calgary.