mike from edmonton

Edmonton BBC's

2,914 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is ironic, but 4012 was involved in some kind of incident with a trainee behind the wheel. I guess more than the nameplate is missing now.

A lady was apparently giving birth, or about to, on the Churchill platform - ambulance took her to the hospital though.

When was this incident?! I saw 4012 just before 17:00 on a SB route 151 on 101 St at Jasper Ave.

The one day something happens to it, I don't see it anywhere! I saw it yesterday, the day before, and the day before, and was getting sick of it (Although, it is a nice ride). I guess I won't be seeing it now though.

I guess I won't be seeing it now though.

Errr... note that I said I saw it this evening... while Ashton said the incident was this morning!

A lady was apparently giving birth, or about to, on the Churchill platform - ambulance took her to the hospital though.

So it was a lady giving or about to give birth at Churchill. I wondered what all that commotion was about. I got off Mark's bus EB on 102 Avenue and 97 Street at about 1815 hrs. I am going to the library to kill some time before catching Vi on the Route 2 (normally at 1904 hrs. but she is 45 minutes late today). I hear about this medical emergency at Churchill Station. There are ambulances at both the Winspear and the City Hall entrances. I see them load somebody onto the stretcher at the Winspear entrance and overhear someone on the radio (TSO guy was standing next to me by Chancery Hall) asking if janitorial services are required at the platform level to clean up 'fluids'.

So it was a lady giving or about to give birth at Churchill. I wondered what all that commotion was about. I got off Mark's bus EB on 102 Avenue and 97 Street at about 1815 hrs.

What was the delay on Jasper when you guys were WB? Just congestion?

What was the delay on Jasper when you guys were WB? Just congestion?

Yup. Traffic was just inching along (when it was moving). When we got past 117 Street WB it was a bit better. Lots of Route 1's missing. People to Westmount were saying that Mark was the first bus to come by in 20 minutes. From WTC (back to downtown), people were saying that Mark was the first bus to come by in 45 minutes. There were a couple of stops (1 WB, and 1 EB where he had to seriously pass-up). He let people in through the back doors just to make sure he could load as many on as possible (which of course took time too).

Despite Mark not driving as fast as Janice or Jason, he did do a commendable job today. He is a conscientious, hard worker. Kudos to Mark. He put in a delay sheet for 1.3 (about 1 hour and 20 minutes late coming into the garage).

Janice got sideswiped SB on 95 Street and 106 Avenue. Her and Jason didn't do bad for time though. Maybe 10-15 minutes late at the most. Everytime I passed them they seemed to be right on the button.

Vi said that when she left Mitchell on her way TO work, the dispatch counter had a VERY long row of delay sheets set out with a pencil on top of each one eagerly waiting to be filled out by incoming operators.

I got on 163 heading west as a 5 at about 1707 yesterday, as no 7's or 133's had appeared. 163 was the last in a long line of trolleys, starting with 126,198 and 155 on the 135, then 127 on the 120 and finally 163. We passed Janice on 193 at 103 St at about 1715. Then 166 on a 135 a little further down Jasper, and then just east of 109 St, a pack of 3 route 1's was heading east, and finally 157 packed to the gills with a crush load just west of 109 St at 1740. After sitting in Downtown traffic for half an hour, it was clear sailing as the bus lane on Jasper was free of cars, and 124 St's peak direction parking ban was actually in force. Heading west, I passed a 120 at 116 St. I didn't pass the next 5 (unit 130, which I believe was Mark) until 124 St/107 Ave. At 112 Ave, 198, which would have gone back to the garage at Westmount, loaded all its passengers onto 155, and headed home. Upon arrivial at Westmount, 126 was sitting back in the 150 bay, and was joined in a line by 155 and 163. 102 and 189 were sitting in a sad state at Westmount. 102, on the 135 has a broken pole and smashed rear window. 189 somehow had managed to get its rear panel (on which the retrivers sit, and which opens up for motor work) half ripped off. It was sitting off slightly to the side at this time, but 102 was blocking the wires, as it was sitting right in the 5/135 bay, and any trolley trying to skirt by it would have knocked into its damaged pole. A pushmobile got 102 out of the way, and let 126 head back to the garage, 155 to head back Downtown, and 163 to get underway. On a normal day, the damage to 102 and 189 would have mean there would have been no 5/135 heading downtown for 30 minutes, but yesterday meant that there was a really long break in service.

Yup. Traffic was just inching along (when it was moving). When we got past 117 Street WB it was a bit better. Lots of Route 1's missing. People to Westmount were saying that Mark was the first bus to come by in 20 minutes. From WTC (back to downtown), people were saying that Mark was the first bus to come by in 45 minutes. There were a couple of stops (1 WB, and 1 EB where he had to seriously pass-up). He let people in through the back doors just to make sure he could load as many on as possible (which of course took time too).

Despite Mark not driving as fast as Janice or Jason, he did do a commendable job today. He is a conscientious, hard worker. Kudos to Mark. He put in a delay sheet for 1.3 (about 1 hour and 20 minutes late coming into the garage).

Janice got sideswiped SB on 95 Street and 106 Avenue. Her and Jason didn't do bad for time though. Maybe 10-15 minutes late at the most. Everytime I passed them they seemed to be right on the button.

Vi said that when she left Mitchell on her way TO work, the dispatch counter had a VERY long row of delay sheets set out with a pencil on top of each one eagerly waiting to be filled out by incoming operators.

102 and 189 were sitting in a sad state at Westmount. 102, on the 135 has a broken pole and smashed rear window. 189 somehow had managed to get its rear panel (on which the retrivers sit, and which opens up for motor work) half ripped off.

Curly was on Unit # 102. This all happened just after Mark left WTC. So there was a big service gap before and after Mark's bus.

193, the latest refurb, working hard on a snowy day. Bill at the helm !

193.jpg

193.jpg

post-28-1164385724_thumb.jpg

193, the latest refurb, working hard on a snowy day. Bill at the helm !

193.jpg

Absolutely Beautiful Picture Terry.

On that note. 160 hit a pole this morning. well her back end did. she landed up booking off and they c/o the coach. when it came into coliseum this morning going back to the garage (Why she didnt turn right on 118 ave instead of left i dont know..) all bill and i could see was a cracked Standee window. No need to change off at all.

Today trolleys were out in full force.

163 has a broken sign, or had a blank up even though the "5" was set.

I saw a LF on the 5, and GM 607 on route 120.

Other trolleys I happened to remember in no order: 161, 163, 193, 195, 198 (are all the active 19x refurbed now?) and others.

On that note. 160 hit a pole this morning. well her back end did. she landed up booking off and they c/o the coach. when it came into coliseum this morning going back to the garage (Why she didnt turn right on 118 ave instead of left i dont know..) all bill and i could see was a cracked Standee window. No need to change off at all.

Well, what if that cracked standee window shatters and hurts someone?

C/O makes perfect sense to me in this case.

And then there's paperwork to fill out, and the bus is checked by a mechanic, etc, etc.

Why she didnt turn right on 118 ave instead of left i dont know..

I assume you mean left instead of right?

Yep.

There are lots of buses with cracked standee windows... they don't change them off. hell most of the time they don't work on it.

What you guys don't see is the 3 hours a morning and more during afternoon when the garage has no buses and they are canceling runs. By bringing out a bus, this obviously had to come off of something at this time.

and they changed it off for a diesel.

I assume you mean left instead of right?

Yes i meant that

and the bus was driving fine as she pulled around us at coliseum. she drove from about 95 and 111 back to coliseum and back to ww without a problem and at pretty good speeds too

(are all the active 19x refurbed now?) and others.

No, there's Thomas The Tank Trolley...Unit # 192 that is not refurbed yet. :P

And then there's paperwork to fill out, and the bus is checked by a mechanic, etc, etc.

And don't forget that an inspector has to 'sticker' it and add the damage to the 'schematic diagram' or whatever it's called.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one, even though it's been mentioned 500 times...

...501 times now :o

Oh yeah, forgot about that one, even though it's been mentioned 500 times...

Stupid school. :P

No, there's Thomas The Tank Trolley...Unit # 192 that is not refurbed yet. :P

Thats a good one. We should give names to all of the "Surivors" of different types :D

I was listening to random bus audios and I came across a BBC and I thought I was listening to a San Francisco ETI for the first few seconds. Only thing that it was missing was the big whinning noise when accerating. Other than that it sounded the same.

So do they have a earlier verson of the electric engine that San Francisco has?

Here's the one I was listening too

(but imo has a great audio near the end)

Our BBCs are 1982-1983...and have BBC electronics.

MUNIs Skodas are 2001-2004...and have Kiepe electronics.

Trolleys don't have "engines", rather they have motors.

Our BBCs are 1982-1983...and have BBC electronics.

MUNIs Skodas are 2001-2004...and have Kiepe electronics.

Trolleys don't have "engines", rather they have motors.

Hehe a little typo. Well that's interesting even though they sound pretty close. Oh and while I'm at it, the E60HFs and E800s didn't make any noise in San Francisco untill crusing at about 50 KPH so they are truely quiet buses. :)

BBC 117 pic's now on BARP!

Yup, Martin has posted the November 4th pictures of 117 (and 162) sitting on death row (north road at Westwood)

162's condition has gotten worse with more broken windows (including drivers windshield) since the photo's were taken :blink: It's bad enough they are being parted out, let's not add insult to injury!

Hope this link works: http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/etsbbc/etsbbc.html