mike from edmonton

Edmonton BBC's

2,911 posts in this topic

If you guys get the chance to watch global news tonight, do it. they were talking about the Upass for the university and the picture of the bus they had in the corner was a Trolleybus marked up for 120 jasper place. i coudlnt tell the bus number but it was kinda funny because trolleys dont go to university!

Average person wouldn't know that. :lol: Plus they are probably resuing it from the trolley debate or something.

Average person wouldn't know that. :lol: Plus they are probably resuing it from the trolley debate or something.

average person may not.. however what they may notice is that it wasnt a blue and grey low floor!

average person may not.. however what they may notice is that it wasnt a blue and grey low floor!

Average person probably wouldn't care that it is not a blue and gray low floor if the average person does not care if its a trolleybus or not. Simple logic

Refurb update October 21, 2006

131 is still up on jacks, has new blue stripe applied

193 skirting still being replaced

Refurb update October 21, 2006

131 is still up on jacks, has new blue stripe applied

193 skirting still being replaced

193 is in the paint shop, 131 wasn't there that I could see... This was on Tuesday...

Refurb update October 28, 2006

131 -is in the paint booths

193 -has had blue stripe applied

Other BBC Update

117 - has disappeared from the south road at Westwood

162 -now parked on north road (east end) at Westwood

>missing 1 rear window, retrievers, and BBC plate

>also has 3 side windows broken (rocks?)

I don't think # 162 has been on the road for a VERY long time. Don and I have a certain attachment to that Unit and I have been on the lookout for it *forever*. I wonder if being on the 'north road' of WW means it will be fixed up or used as an organ donor ??? I hope it gets fixed up. I'd like to see it back on the road. Don never had any problems with # 162. Maybe it knew it was *special*.

I don't think # 162 has been on the road for a VERY long time. Don and I have a certain attachment to that Unit and I have been on the lookout for it *forever*. I wonder if being on the 'north road' of WW means it will be fixed up or used as an organ donor ??? I hope it gets fixed up. I'd like to see it back on the road. Don never had any problems with # 162. Maybe it knew it was *special*.

'bought time you posted this stuff Mike! I've been biting my tounge on 162 for like a week now!

Anyways... 162 was put into storage in 2004... so it hasn't been gone for too long. Since it was put into storage at that point, and had been parts missing at the point already, I'm sure it's going to be an organ donor.

Pics of 162 in (mostly) better days: http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ets/etsbbc/etsbbcg.html

while searching for substation info, I came across a pdf file of the ETS Trolley Operations Review,

if anyone wants to read 59 pages... :)

Trolley Operations Review

The body and stripes still look very good on # 162 in these photos. :huh: God I miss that bus.

while searching for substation info, I came across a pdf file of the ETS Trolley Operations Review,

if anyone wants to read 59 pages... :P

Trolley Operations Review

Why are you searching for substation info ?

I'd better open that up at work. 59 pages will take forever on this beast at home. Being an *ETS* review, it is probably very anti-trolley. :)

The body and stripes still look very good on # 162 in these photos. :P God I miss that bus.

Why are you searching for substation info ?

I'd better open that up at work. 59 pages will take forever on this beast at home. Being an *ETS* review, it is probably very anti-trolley. :)

It's actually the Booze Allen consultant's report from 2004.

Thanks for saving me a trip to the prairie dog farm. I read that pile of bull crap already (or at least as much as I could stomach). Good comedy writers. :)

I rode unit #155 last night on the 5. The driver was a bit crazy.. On my way to Westmount from 101st and Jasper, we dewired at Jasper-124st curve W-E, and on the way back at 124st-Jasper curve S-E.:huh:

Sometimes he'd slow down through special work, and other times he'd just speed through it. There were a few close calls where I felt we were going to dewire!! It was all random and crazy.

I rode unit #155 last night on the 5. The driver was a bit crazy.. On my way to Westmount from 101st and Jasper, we dewired at Jasper-124st curve W-E, and on the way back at 124st-Jasper curve S-E.:huh:

Sometimes he'd slow down through special work, and other times he'd just speed through it. There were a few close calls where I felt we were going to dewire!! It was all random and crazy.

That IS scary. I would report that.

166 was calling in because she was going under 20 and dewired. Control suggested that steel shoes were causing it or something.

It was like trolley abuse or something.

Seriously, equipment abuse should not be tolerated and should be reported.

Seriously, equipment abuse should not be tolerated and should be reported.

True, but Esturk's driver may have just been a guy off of the spareboard who didn't know the overhead. Benefit of the doubt and all that.

I rode unit #155 last night on the 5. The driver was a bit crazy.. On my way to Westmount from 101st and Jasper, we dewired at Jasper-124st curve W-E

West to east?

166 was calling in because she was going under 20 and dewired. Control suggested that steel shoes were causing it or something.

What's "under 20"? Are steel shoes without carbons, that would normally be used for de-icing wires?

Under 20 would be that the trolley was going under 20km/hr, and still dewiring. The steel shoes do not have any carbon, and are used to help de-ice the wires on the early runs. However, once the ice is gone, the steel shoes are rough on the wires and need to be removed.

What's "under 20"? Are steel shoes without carbons, that would normally be used for de-icing wires?

Refurb Update For the week ending November 11th, 2006

in the north bays (body work/refurb)

>111 (white).. *new arrival

in the paint booths

>131 -departed for parts unknown

>193 -departed for parts unknown

111 getting refurbished? I shot a picture of that one 3 days ago! I guess that photo will go into my "Memories" section now :lol: