rate the signature above you.

BusRider

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

8/10.

Glad to see a Phantom, since I regard them as a "New Look" of the modern days. (^^)

Thanks. I actually just got one 1 and filmed another one today! There are only 3 still running.

I rate yours 8/10, since Japan rocks and most of SF Muni's buses are Neoplans for now. I never knew Neoplan was in Japan as well as Europe and the U.S.

Thanks. I actually just got one 1 and filmed another one today! There are only 3 still running.

I rate yours 8/10, since Japan rocks and most of SF Muni's buses are Neoplans for now. I never knew Neoplan was in Japan as well as Europe and the U.S.

Japan still operates Neoplans, many from the early 80's, and even had (the case it was now scrapped) a 1970s Neoplan Jubocruiser!...

Now their numbers are kinda limited, with companies like Fuji Bus, Ecoro Japan, Hinomaru and of course, Sky Bus Tokyo, since Neoplan withdrew it's quarters in Japan in the early 2000s, since it was acquired by that damned MAN Group and it's engines, unadapted for use on buses, but brilliant on their trucks!...

With the exception of one-third of the N516 Starliners they have, which are MAN powered, these Neoplans are Mercedes-Benz powered, so no wonder why you'd see so many of the 80's models out there, if you'd visit Japan!...

Might the six Megaliners they formerly operated had been MB powered, and all of them would still being operated today; the reason two of them caught fire while not even five years old, is due to a deficient, MAN-developed electrical system, very prone to short-circuit danger.

For who already rated me: rate the one above me.

Edited by MegaMoonLiner

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...