General Motorcoach Spottings & Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

I noticed some US based buses that have a sleeping area for drivers right behind the drivers seat. Does this mean that they have two drivers who alternate for long trips? Or is it so that drivers dont need to stay in hotels over night?

Personally i dont think it should count as proper rest, since you're still on the bus you should still be on the clock. Is this common practice in the US?

Can you somehow get a picture of this? Maybe it could be considered as sleeper birth time on the log book? Although i do agree the driver should be away from the bus and be either at home or hotel to get proper and comfy rest.

Sorry i wasn't able to get a photo. But basically behind the drivers area there were no seats and there was a curtain where there would have been 3-4 rows of seats. I only saw it from the drivers side, but both of buses had the same configuration.

I would think that the loss of revenue for those seats would cancel out any savings from not staying in a hotel.

3 rows would be 6 people, your bus can only carry 51 people instead of 57.

Those buses must be doing the 9 Day Across Canada tour.

Spotted brand new Prevost H3-45 operated by WORLDNET HOLIDAY parked at Richmond Centre this evening (probably waiting for passengers to finish dinner). This company is based out of San Francisco, CA, and the bus was most likely on their 6 day Vancouver tour.

Quite likely this one #668, legals say Seven Happiness Tour & Charter Inc, Burlingame CA:

001a.jpg

Didsbury MCI 102-EL3 was in Calgary yesterday afternoon at the Blackfoot Truck Stop and Bell-Horizon late model Prevost H3-45 #3124 was at the Glenmore Inn last night. Spotted it while driving my route 302 in the afternoon, so during my 1.5 hours break, I drove down in my vehicle to get photos only to find it gone 35 minutes after I last saw it. But then while driving my second peice of work on the 302, I spotted it returning to the Glenmore Inn, so I went back to get photos after I finished work this morning. Crappy dark shots though, sorry. Also, back in July during the Calgary Stampede, I spotted Bell-Horizon #2144, but I was unable to get photos of it. But I beleive, kevlo86 did get some, so we shall wait for him to return from vacation to show us.

Nope I did not see that coach. You told me about it, but I never saw it. I posted most of the more interesting photos from the Calgary Stampede prior to me leaving on vacation. The only Bell Horizon coach I got was the same one you also got in Banff, AB.

So I was driving Greyhound Schedule 5022 from Vancouver BC to Osoyoos BC yesterday and came across these two Lloydminster based coaches in Princeton. They've been there since mid July but this was the first time that they parked in a spot that allowed me to photograph them durning my break in Princeton. Pictured are Columbine Coach Lines 1299 ( a Prevost H3-45) and Tibear Coaches 63 (a MCI 102-EL3)

DSCF1013.JPG

DSCF1014.JPG

Found the Fraser Cascade Charter H3-41 at the Abbotsford airshow yesterday. Nice looking coach. Hubometer reads just over 90,000 km's for an early 90's coach!

9489491673_4f10e9552c.jpg

DSC_4468 by Translink fan, on Flickr

9492366346_f0b00f8d9d.jpg

DSC_4469 by Translink fan, on Flickr

9489565599_988260f8d7.jpg

DSC_4470 by Translink fan, on Flickr

9489508623_8fa59c3bcd.jpg

DSC_4570 by Translink fan, on Flickr

on my way up to agassiz today i came across a nice looking courier 95 conversion!

9542477462_72832a8972.jpg

DSC_4722 by Translink fan, on Flickr

9542469706_e05e251f5e.jpg

DSC_4723 by Translink fan, on Flickr

9542446774_1b89e3a8cf.jpg

DSC_4732 by Translink fan, on Flickr

And i also went by All Points Charters and got a glimpse of what the owner moved down from hope.

9542492768_0cfc17e37a.jpg

DSC_4711 by Translink fan, on Flickr

Found the Fraser Cascade Charter H3-41 at the Abbotsford airshow yesterday. Nice looking coach. Hubometer reads just over 90,000 km's for an early 90's coach!

You do realize that when a hubodometer gets replaced it starts at or around 0? Just because there's 90,000 kms on that particular hubodometer, it does not mean that's all the coach has traveled in its lifetime.

You do realize that when a hubodometer gets replaced it starts at or around 0? Just because there's 90,000 kms on that particular hubodometer, it does not mean that's all the coach has traveled in its lifetime.

Yeah sorry didn't realize it till after I saw the bus and wasn't thinking about it when the post was made. :)