General Motorcoach Spottings & Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Some interesting Traxx news

Found Traxx 837 (2006 Setra S417) in Calgary today and my friend was having a brief chat with the driver. He told us that there are 5 S417's and 10 Van Hool C2045E (2007 year). The highest I have seen for the Van Hool's are 843.

He said 836-840 are S417's, though I have never seen 836 and 840.

So if there are 10 Van Hools, logically speaking 841-850 are Van Hool C2045E. Has anyone seen higher then 843, if not it might be a sign that there are more coming. So keep your eyes peeled.

Though on the other hand, the driver may have got some mixed up info, but its worth noting I think.

So it seems the above info regarding the number of Setra S417 and Van Hool C2045 buses is correct.

Today while taking advantage of the last day of the Calgary Stampede to find motorcoaches (with great success) I found 3 key buses that seem to confirm the above info.

#836 is a Setra S417

#848 and #850 are both Van Hool C2045 units

I also spotted about 3 or 4 other Traxx coaches and various other equipment from other companies too.

Spotted 2 Charter Bus Lines Prevost H3-45 coaches (one frameless (with Tralfagar on side panel) and one framed), MTR Western Prevost H3-45 and a Traxx all purple Prevost H3-45 all on Oak Street today (waiting to go onto Oak bridge probably).

Today in Banff in the Industrial Park I came across this Setra Demo. I can see where the Gray Line Logo used to be on both sides of the coach. But it wasn't as big of a logo as Gray Line West now uses. The fleet number also matches Gray Line West fleet numbering. Has this coach been sold to them or does anything know more about this coach? Thanks!

It is still a demo.... we have it here at Golden Arrow for the next week or 10 days.

Bruce

For those keeping track, National Motor Coach recently had another Coach suffer an engine compartment. This one was carrying British Soldiers when the fire happened. It was MCI 102DL3 #184. And well over a year ago or more, #174 (Which is an Ex-Accent Lines Prevost H3-41 - blue) suffered a brake fire and is still sitting in National's yard.

Cardinal Coach Lines has now purchased a second hand Van Hool C2145 and is numbered as 3021. I think this is a first for Cardinal to purchase a Van Hool Product. in recently years it has been only MCI Coaches.

• Board Admin
I thought Cardinal bought a batch of new Prevost XII? and they have the old le mirage as well, not only MCI coaches.

And does anyone know whether National Coach Lines have the new Prevost H3-45s?

I think that was in 2001 or 2002 (they don't have any X3-45s as far as I know). And they don't have any new H3-45s yet.
Carefree Express seen on charter near Gastown in Vancouver, B.C.
Cool, ex-Accent Lines.

I think the red one is privately owned (but still operated as a charter bus), if you are referring to this one:

That one and one other ex-Accent (light blue, cant recall fhe fleet # right now) are operated by Mountain Pacific Motorcoach of Edmonton.

Bruce

Cardinal has received yet another used MCI 102DL3. This one I spotted running plain white on one of their Commuter routes in Downtown Calgary today. Only reason, I knew it was a Cardinal unit was because I recognized the driver and also noticed his white Cardinal shirt. I believe the last 4 digits on the plate were 2637 and the plate started with a G. So, I will keep a watch for this one to show up on the roads with fleet numbers and check the plate again.

Also, it seems Cardinal has retired Prevost Le Mirage #1706 (Ex-Laidlaw #6611) which was built in 1979 or 1981. I forget which of those two years it was.

#616 has been parked for quite some time at Cardinals shops. I am not sure what is happening with this one. So far, no parts are missing. That one is a 1984 MCI 96A3 and was one of the first 96A3's in Alberta apparently ahead of even the first Greyhound 96A3's. I would have to find the serial number to verify this, as I am not completely sure on this. Anyone?

• Board Admin

Got lots of pics of various coaches on my journey across Alberta. Whether or not they turned out I will still have to see. :) I know at least some did, so stay tuned for updates in the future on ETSPE.

IMG_6245.jpg

IMG_6255.jpg

IMG_6258.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Universal frameless Prevost H3-45 (unit 316 probably) chartered by Charming Holidays on Wednesday heading westbound on 41st Street. This coach most likely came back from a 5 day Rockies Edmonton Tyrell Museum Trip operated by Charming Holidays and heading to their 41st and Cambie drop-off point.