BCT-3122-D800-10240

General Motorcoach Spottings & Photos

2,892 posts in this topic

Red Arrow 729 is now retired after being involved in an accident. I never got a decent front shot of it when it was in service.

ra729retired.jpg

Other sightings for today:

Golden Arrow 238 and Totem 831 at Waterous.

Universal Coach Line 306

Greyhound 1268

Connelly-McKinley Funeral Home new H3-45 was passing by while the H3-40 was parked. Would've made for a nice shot.

Red Arrow 729 is now retired after being involved in an accident. I never got a decent front shot of it when it was in service.

Other sightings for today:

Golden Arrow 238 and Totem 831 at Waterous.

Universal Coach Line 306

Greyhound 1268

Connelly-McKinley Funeral Home new H3-45 was passing by while the H3-40 was parked. Would've made for a nice shot.

Where was the accident?

I don't know, but it wrecked the front end - door was gone, more than half of the front panel missing, as well as the lower passenger windshield piece..

Doesn't look like anyone was injured - the driver maybe with minor injuries, but I don't know anything about what happened.

Looks like it had been sitting around for awhile in storage... notice all the dust and crap on the roof. I suppose this is why #725 is still in service these days ? Mind you, I haven't seen it in the past month or so.

Edited by BCT-3122-D800-10240

Diversified 1947 was at Clareview West picking up passengers to go somewhere. :lol:

Finally got to get a shot of a 2500 series Prevost X3-45 for Diversified. Nice looking units!

2509leftr.jpg

And here is a shot of an older Prevost H3-45 for Brewster. #232. Enjoy!

232left.jpg

Saw Southland C985 up here in Edmonton, probably for the hockey game.

It had COCHRANE as its destination still, but it now has some graphics on the side! Southland Commuter and Charters or something, with some random images like suitcases and stuff along the side.

They left the Academy stripes along the top intact.

Look what I stumbled on at the Erinwoods Twin Arena's in Calgary about 30 minutes ago while heading to pick up my Chicago Deep Dish Pizza!!!

41left.jpg

I bet I would not have seen that bus today at all if I had decided not to get pizza today or have it delivered instead!

Following Greyhound spottings from today:

13:45 local to Calgary- 796

14:00 semi express to Calgary- 907

14:00 to Vancouver- 1124

1235 pulled out, then went back into the depot

1219 and another random G were spotted heading to the garage.

1263 was in the compound behind the depot, likely doing the 15:00 semi express to Calgary

1215 (new paint scheme) was arriving from Calgary? at about 14:30 or so.

Following Greyhound spottings from today:

13:45 local to Calgary- 796

14:00 semi express to Calgary- 907

14:00 to Vancouver- 1124

1235 pulled out, then went back into the depot

1219 and another random G were spotted heading to the garage.

1263 was in the compound behind the depot, likely doing the 15:00 semi express to Calgary

1215 (new paint scheme) was arriving from Calgary? at about 14:30 or so.

Both 1215 and 796 were in Calgary yesterday!

Look what I stumbled on at the Erinwoods Twin Arena's in Calgary about 30 minutes ago while heading to pick up my Chicago Deep Dish Pizza!!!

41left.jpg

I bet I would not have seen that bus today at all if I had decided not to get pizza today or have it delivered instead!

Seen that bus heading south to Calgary on the QE2 when I was heading north to Edmonton on Friday afternoon <_<

Seen that bus heading south to Calgary on the QE2 when I was heading north to Edmonton on Friday afternoon :)

I bet it wasn't as clean when you saw it as it was when I took my photo of it! :-p

Lurking outside of the Art Gallery at 99 St and 102A Ave.

23330014.JPG

23330014.JPG

post-47-1173150916_thumb.jpg

030107a.jpg

Brewster adds eight MCI® J4500s to Banff's biggest fleet

SCHAUMBURG, IL - March 1, 2007 - Brewster, Western Canada's largest and oldest tour company, is taking delivery of eight MCI J4500s. The new J4500s will join a fleet of 70 coaches that include five existing J4500s and 10 MCI E4500s.

The company's familiarity with MCI models goes back decades. The J4500 generation of coaches has impressed Brewster with its price point and its reliability. "Our shop foreman thinks they're one of the toughest coaches out there right now," said Canadian Rockies area manager Michael Dove. Brewster's newest J4500s sport leather Amaya seating, like the 2005-model J4500s already in the fleet. The new coaches also include six-screen DVD entertainment systems, backup cameras and powertrains consisting of CAT engines and ZF ASTronic transmissions.

Dove cites the company's "valuable principle" that guides the charter division as one that insists upon leadership through luxurious motor coaches, superior guides and outstanding customer service. The company is also proud of its longtime Parks Canada partnership, which stresses the training of all of its driver/guides in area culture and history as well as coach operations.

The Banff-based company traces its origins to 1892, when Jim and Bill Brewster, then only 10 and 12 years old, agreed to serve as guides for the illustrious Banff Springs Hotel. They bought their first five buses in 1916 (enabling them to replace 70 horse-drawn carriages) and expanded quickly. Today, the company is owned by VIAD Corp. and operates sightseeing tours and charters throughout the Canadian Rockies and western Canada. Its formidable reach also extends to two historic grand hotels, the Columbia Icefields and, most recently, the famous Banff Gondola. It has additional offices in Lake Louise, Jasper and Calgary.

With headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois, MCI is the leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of intercity coaches with sales and service centers across the U.S. and Canada. It is also the industry's leading supplier of coach-related aftermarket parts and services for most makes and models.

http://www.mcicoach.com/enTouchCMS/app/vie...ument?docID=491

Anyone know what the fleet number is for this Sunshine Coach "recapped" Prevost H3-41? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

sunshineh341.jpg

Spotted Red Arrow 747 parked in front of the Shaw Conference Centre yesterday night for some reason...

Strathcona County Transit 1007, 1011, and another Setra out.

Golden Arrow 263 at Waterous Detroit Diesel.

Prince Albert Northern buses 151 (MCI EL3), 138 (MCI 102-DL3), and 154 (Prevost H3-45).

Yesterday Sattelite MC-9 eastbound through Salmon Arm & a Cardinal D or DL parked at the Holiday Inn, I didn't bother back-tracking to see which division of Cardinal it was from (Vancouver or Calgary)

Looks like an ex Beaver Bus Lines unit?

SANY0015.JPG

SANY0015.JPG

post-47-1174408810_thumb.jpg

Updated the following Charter Coach sections:

Golden Arrow with 2 photos. (263)

Prince Albert Northern with 10 photos. (138, 151, 154)

Other Coaches with 4 photos. (CRT 3930, Prairie 687, Skyport 9103)

Updated the Greyhound Canada 1997 102-DL3 section with 1 photo. (998)

Saw a Reggie's 102-A3 going slow as hell, with passengers on board. I passed it SB on 97 Street at 127 Ave, and then I stopped in front of Canada Place for a bit, and then it passed by after I sat there for 5 minutes.

Also saw a H3-45 (older style) entertainer coach at the Courtyard Marriott (Thornton Court).

Saw a Pacific Western 102-C3, 689 I think. Saw it downtown by City Hall and then followed far behind it on 97 Street northbound. (Because someone was doing 40-50 in a 70 zone...)

Forget to mention a while ago that Diversified 2520 doesn't have big fleet numbers on its windshield.

My dad said he followed Bi-West 747, which looked brand new. Probably another J4500, like 746?