General Motorcoach Spottings & Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

I would assume Greyhound, but I have nothing to back that up. <_<

Speaking of Greyhound, I saw 1118 (102-DL3) and 1277 (D4505) at the Edmonton depot today.

Also, Golden Arrow 247 eastbound on 118 Avenue at 97 Street.

Speaking of Edmonton's Greyhound depot: What's the latest (if anything) on moving it out of downtown to the VIA Rail station, which in turn is near the City Center Airport? That idea was floated a few years ago, and the terminal was said to be in poor shape.

• Board Admin

Saw Diversified 1452 (first XL-II I've seen in months) heading north on 97 Street, and Greyhound 1266 (D4505) coming in to downtown.

Times have changed at Greyhound - before I saw three MC-9s in the compound. Today, 2 Ds and 1 C, so all the fronts were pretty similar. Would have made a cool shot, but I don't usually bring a camera when driving. I will tonight hoping for some Diversifieds.

Interesting new book; I got my copy of it 2 days ago:

Dusty Trails to Divided Highways: A History of Intercity Bus Lines in Manitoba

This book represents four years of research by the authors Alex Regiec, Dennis Cavanagh & David Anthony Wyatt into the history of the intercity bus industry in the Province of Manitoba, Canada.

This a 66-page book featuring a collection of over 150 black & white vintage and contemporary photographs, a detailed history of the various companies listed chronologically by their year of establishment and duration of operation, documentation of the routes that were established and recognition of the pioneering individuals of bus services in Manitoba.

Price per book (including postage & handling) is $31.00 Canadian or $28.00 U.S.

To order your copy of this exciting new book, send a Canada Post Domestic Money Order or US Postal Service International Money Order in the appropriate amount made out to Dennis Cavanagh, and include your name and mailing address to:

Dusty Trails to Divided Highways Book

P.O. Box 61038

RPO Grant Park

Winnipeg, Manitoba

Canada R3M 3X8

Hurry and order today! Available copies are limited.

Please direct any inquiries to historyofintercitybuses@yahoo.ca

True Martin but I bet there are a lot of people who haven't seen the web site, good to hear the book goes beyond what's there.

Including me - where's the web site? Yes, the book is good, it's crammed with pictures of a lot of fallen flags like Manitoba Motor Transit, Eagle, Sonnichsen, and Webb - and Winnipeg Transit and ancestors going back to WECo.

Nice shots indeed, question though, how did you get a shot of 944, since it wouldn't have been taken from a vehicle travelling in the oppostie direction of the same highway, unless everyone was driving on the wrong side of the highway.

Was 944 taken close to Calgary, like just outside, or did your Red Arrow bus pull over at some point?

Nice shots indeed, question though, how did you get a shot of 944, since it wouldn't have been taken from a vehicle travelling in the oppostie direction of the same highway, unless everyone was driving on the wrong side of the highway.

Was 944 taken close to Calgary, like just outside, or did your Red Arrow bus pull over at some point?

Sorry, didn't notice this until today!

The answer to your question, sort of... is... My dad smokes :D

Went down with him, Red Arrow back as he was coming back earlier than I wanted to. I think this was at Grumpy's Diner? Somewhere in the middle of no where.

A Diversified DL3/ D4500 was bumming around at Clareview West today. Not sure exactly why.

Praire Bus Lines #687? was in town. I believe I have shots of this bus in PWT colours (PBL is part of PWT of course).

Did spot a 'hound D4505... 1269 I think?

I didn't even notice the numbers of the first two D4505's I saw... and now I can't even remember that buses number. Old age.

Praire Bus Lines #687? was in town. I believe I have shots of this bus in PWT colours (PBL is part of PWT of course).

And a pic of the bus... I don't like shooting with the sun on the side of the bus, but not the front, but adjusting the contrast helped. I'm 99% sure I have pics somewhere of this bus lettered for PWT.

83840018.JPG

I was going to say I think I have it with Red Arrow on it... but wasn't sure if I was imagining things or not. Guess I wasn't. I believe the shots were from 2000? or early 2001. My parents were shopping and I ran over to a hotel parking lot and got pics of two of MCI's in that livery. And ETS 56 was passing by after being refurbed, getting the new ETS decals but old paint scheme. Anways... Damn. That was like 7 years ago now.