General Motorcoach Spottings & Photos

BCT-3122-D800-10240

5 hours ago, roeco said:

Tofino Bus bought a ex Greyhound...wow im surprised. Especially a G....mind u that's the best place for them is on the Island. I thought they scrapped them all.

#1194 and #1203 were sold from Vancouver. Maybe it was one of those two. If they sold two, they could have sold more.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Articulated said:

Spotted this AU Coach bus near my workplace today. It's ex-Galland 451.

P1200679.jpg

they have ex-Galland 450 as well.  If anybody want to catch either one of them.  There is a daily shuttle at the Finch Terminal at 9:15 and the other one at the City Hall.  I can't remember the departure time for the City Hall run. 

1 minute ago, leylandvictory2 said:

they have ex-Galland 450 as well.  If anybody want to catch either one of them.  There is a daily shuttle at the Finch Terminal at 9:15 and the other one at the City Hall.  I can't remember the departure time for the City Hall run. 

Thanks for the info re: 450. On their website they show two E-series coaches, and Galland had 3 (449-451), so wasn't sure which was the other one AU picked up.

AU Coach operates two daily buses to Blue Mountain during the winter season. They are:

Route 1: Scarborough Town Centre (8:30) -> Yonge/Bishop (9:15) -> Major Mack/Hwy 400 (9:55) -> Blue Mountain (11:45)

Route 2: Toronto City Hall (8:30) -> Kipling Station (9:15) -> Major Mack/Hwy 400 (9:55) -> Blue Mountain (11:45)

Both routes depart Blue Mountain at 6:00, and make their stops in reverse order at 7:45, 8:25, 8:45.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pacific West Coach Lines #562 chartered by Jumbo Holidays this past weekend:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dansmotorcoachgallery/32484948383

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dansmotorcoachgallery/32916879030

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dansmotorcoachgallery/32484932763

I think this is a relatively new company in the Metro Vancouver area. Does anyone have any information on this company? For example, why do the back of their buses say Cross Canada Coach Lines but then their legals say Pacific West Coach Lines? Or when did they start up and how many buses are in their fleet?

2 hours ago, Prevost said:

Pacific West Coach Lines #562 chartered by Jumbo Holidays this past weekend:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dansmotorcoachgallery/32484948383

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dansmotorcoachgallery/32916879030

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dansmotorcoachgallery/32484932763

I think this is a relatively new company in the Metro Vancouver area. Does anyone have any information on this company? For example, why do the back of their buses say Cross Canada Coach Lines but then their legals say Pacific West Coach Lines? Or when did they start up and how many buses are in their fleet?

They came around sometime last year. K&C coach sold to someone and with it went a Black H3-41 and an old H3-45 from what I was told by a friend who drives for them. Then the owner bought a bunch of coaches. Not sure why they have 2 different names though, but they are registered as Pacific West Coach lines anyways on the PT registry. Other than that, I don't know much more.

54 minutes ago, translink fan said:

They came around sometime last year. K&C coach sold to someone and with it went a Black H3-41 and an old H3-45 from what I was told by a friend who drives for them. Then the owner bought a bunch of coaches. Not sure why they have 2 different names though, but they are registered as Pacific West Coach lines anyways on the PT registry. Other than that, I don't know much more.

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-03-30 at 6:09 PM, leylandvictory2 said:

Pacific Western is getting some I heard this time in red background colour!  I wouldn't be surprise if Great Canadian and Coach Canada are getting some too.  They get new buses every year.  GTA and Attridge are maybe.  If they do, they won't get a lot based on previous years.

Safeway likes to rotate their fleet out about every 3 years, so Safeway-branded coaches delivered in 2014 should be expected to get replaced with this year's orders. Based on this I would assume 4 coaches to Attridge (6504, 6506-6508), maybe 5 for Great Canadian (1206-1210, although some have been unwrapped already), and 7 coaches to Pacific Western (5190-5193, 5195-5197). This math counts for 15 coaches, and I haven't counted anything for Coach Canada (none delivered in 2014) or for GTA (its two 2014 coaches were unwrapped early last year).

Back in 2014 when Safeway first branched out beyond Coach Canada, they weren't as strict on background colours, so many of the new companies used their regular base colours (Great Canadian was blue, GTA was white, PW was green/grey). As seen by Great Canadian and GTA's more recent coaches which are all red, it would make sense that PW would also be getting red coaches.

Spotted two ex-417 Bus Line E4500 coaches coming into Ottawa today now operating for 'Toronto Charters'.  I believe the former fleet number of these coaches to be 25-01 (brown) and 60-01 (lime).  The lime green bus has a fleet number of 177 now.

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted a new style Pacific West Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 (not modified) turning from Granville Street (eastbound) onto Oak Street (southbound) this morning. I only thought they had 3rd generation Prevosts cause that is all I see in their yard, but interesting to know they have at least 1 new design unit.

21 hours ago, Prevost said:

Spotted a new style Pacific West Coach Lines Prevost H3-45 (not modified) turning from Granville Street (eastbound) onto Oak Street (southbound) this morning. I only thought they had 3rd generation Prevosts cause that is all I see in their yard, but interesting to know they have at least 1 new design unit.

might be one of the Ex Premier Pacific units they have? Was it the 2003-2009 front fascia or the 2010+? 

7 hours ago, translink fan said:

might be one of the Ex Premier Pacific units they have? Was it the 2003-2009 front fascia or the 2010+? 

it was a 2010+ with the more protruded half circle around the wheels. It definitely does not look like it's been recapped in any way.