Photos

T3G

Hi,

I'm a New Wiki Editor and would like some help.

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=T...65%2C_2767-2858

This page has thumbnails of several New Looks. My question is: How do I add a photo to one of the buses in one of the fleet "panels"? I would like to add my photo of 2279 (the one seen in my avatar). Thanks for the help. :P

• Board Admin

1. Edit the page.

2. Locate 2279:

|- align="center"|2278|||||RETIRED||- align="center"|2279|||||[[Toronto Transit Commission Mount Dennis Division|Mount Dennis]]||- align="center"|2280|||||RETIRED|

2. Add the image code for 2279:

|- align="center"|2278|||||RETIRED||- align="center"|2279|[[image:Toronto Transit Commission 2279.jpg|128px]]			  RETIRED|

3. Save page

4. When it reloads, there should be a red link Image:Toronto Transit Commission 2279.jpg - click on it

5. Choose the file to upload and Upload file.

I have one last question: on the 'feature photos' page, it says 'if you wish to nominate a uploaded photo from the wiki, follow the instructions on the discussion page.' I can't find the discussion page, could you link me to it?

Okay, however, I can't find instructions on how to nominate a photo uploaded to the wiki. :P

EDIT: Found the instructions, however, in the nominees for (insert date here) - (insert date here) it says "Submit your choices for the feature photo below." I don't see anything. :rolleyes:

I don't get it. Can someone give me step-by-step instructions on how to do it? I don't see any place where I can write it.

Here...

1. Click the EDIT link beside the header.2. Write your message underneath the nomination text.3. Start your message by indenting (use a colon, :, for each successive indent). Sign it by using ~~~~ (this puts your username with a link and the date/time of posting automatically).4. Press Preview, look to make sure you did it correctly, then press Save to save the changes to the page.Example::I wish to nominate this photo: [[image:York Region Transit 562-a.jpg]]. ~~~~Will turn out:	 I wish to nominate this photo: [image]. --YRTeen, 10:15, 10 December 2008 (UTC)

Just remember that you're not allowed to nominate your own photographs (and I assume this applies to photos that you've uploaded as well, unless you obtain specific permission from the photographer).

PS: Is there a way to link to images without displaying the picture? The only way I can think of is by needing to link to the URL of the image.

EDIT:

To TTC H Series Subway: I HIGHLY advise looking over some basic how-to Wiki coding before trying to do any editing if you have no idea on how to. Consult this page.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like you figured the uploading part out! :P

Please check the Naming Conventions though: http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=C...ing_Conventions

and if possible, resize your images before uploading them. (2MB is quite a bit to be uploaded each time :P)

Are you talking to me? ;)

I also want to add my pictures to the fleet roster.. But where it says "login" at the top right of the page, what do I log in as?

You login using the username you would use to log in to the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was going through some of the wiki photos in the Ontario sections and noticed some were my photos. I never authorized them to be on the wiki nor was I asked by that person if they could put them on the wiki. How do I go about removing them from the wiki?

• Board Admin

Just let me know which ones (link please) and I will remove them.

I know you wanted to add some but unfortunately I was away from my computer when you asked - it is easy to upload, if you check the code for an existing image, you basically add that into the thumbnail column and it will become a red link.

eg.

[[image:Societe de transport de Montreal 11-016.jpg|128px]]

Once you click it, it will bring you to the page where you can select the file to upload / add a description.

Just let me know which ones (link please) and I will remove them.

I know you wanted to add some but unfortunately I was away from my computer when you asked - it is easy to upload, if you check the code for an existing image, you basically add that into the thumbnail column and it will become a red link.

eg.

[[image:Societe de transport de Montreal 11-016.jpg|128px]]

Once you click it, it will bring you to the page where you can select the file to upload / add a description.

Thanks once again Ashton for all your help :)

• 5 months later...

i have seen some photos that i would like to add the Oc Transpo WIKI section now there not myn but i have asked permission/waiting for a reply if i am aloud to use his image i was wondering are we aloud to post someones image who is not a member of the CPTDB