NE LRT Extension to Martindale and Saddletowne

LRT

Apparently i am doing 4/5 new saddletowne routes tomorrow (85, 61, 159, 71), although i have 2 different running boards online for some reason for the same route and key that show 2 different endings...plus the 23. I guess we will see tomorrow :) None the less, very excited!

You will get over your excitement really fast :P

445 from south end too. I will say from my 23 that i did already that turn out of the loop on the south end onto the circle is one scary turn! I know that several operators brought their concerns up with management and even the union about getting a loop to hopefully get some control over the light going into the park and ride at 80th avenue (before the tracks) so operators can get out safer and across the 3 lanes necessary to service the stop farside martindale drive...or in the 85s case, just to make that turn.

And yes, I neglected to mention the 445, but it's a shuttle...

Not for long. Scheduling indicated at operator information sessions that it will be going to big bus "sooner then later before during this signup" because of a spike in ridership and high numbers of 10-12 (leaving people behind) loads. Count cards indicated that in 1 morning, 6 trips, a bus had nearly 250 riders, leaving passengers behind 5/6 trips, including leaving 20 behind on its last trip before going out of service just after 8am. They are also looking and interlining it and making it an all day bus next signup.

As per the scheduling rep, Developers are only on the hook until a certain criteria and certain ridership numbers are met, to prove that public transit usage is required and consistent ridership can be maintained throughout and beyond community development. These requirements have been met and were met during the march signup. Its only now that the problem has escolated from 1-2 left behind 2 trips to 20-25 people being left behind 6/7 trips. With that being said, the ball is in the cities court for getting conventional service into play and to extend service to a regular schedule.

So is the developer (Walton?) on the hook for the costs of the big bus, or are the costs now all being borne by the riders and tax base?

In theory, if ridership rises to the point where a full size bus is required, the extra revenue from those new riders would cover at least some of the extra cost of the full size bus.

Saw one of the 445 trips waiting to leave Saddletowne this evening (and wow, what a clusterf--- this afternoon was with the trains, more on that in the proper thread) and every seat was already filled on the Arboc that was in service. Sorry, didn't take note on the number. I think there may have been one or two people already standing.

Definitely thinking the route is going to be upgraded sooner than later.

Jon

I can confirm the details of what D40LF has illued to. 445-100 does the last trip out of the community in the am (doesnt start at station) at 7:58am in the morning and 445-182 does the first trip in the afternoon after it is done its 23 trip.

If scheduling isnt blowing smoke, that would mean that a big bus goes 10-12 in the am. As they indicated that up to the time of the transit talk sessions, 20 were left behind on the last trip of the morning each day that week including 25 day of. Ill peak at the headway book tomorrow at anderson and confirm but the schedule im looking it had big bus last am and first pm. If not though, it would make sense. 6/7 trips are 10-12. 6/7 are shuttle as of now.

Headway for 445 shows variance. Of note, the effective date for the active headway, unlike the start of the signup, is September 17. However, the effective sept 3 headway is still in the binder. 445-182 (first pm after 23) was effective sept 3 and it appears 445-100 (last am on its own) replaced the last trip that 445-96 did before it went to do its 420 effective sept 17. However, 445-100 starts in the community at 758 and does not start at the station like 445-96 and that last trip from the station has been cancelled. The other am bus, 445-94 is out of service at 8am at saddletowne. 302-199 comes from a 302 and goes to a 45 after its done its 445 in the afternoon and 37-97 does a 37 after it is done.

• 2 weeks later...

December signup shows 4 spring gardens keys for the 445 (2am, 2pm) all about 4 hours. The am keys go as early as 5 and as late as 930 and the pm keys as late as early as 1500 to as late as 2000. Obviously some interlining is likely to take place. Whether or not this means 445 gets allday shuttle service...we'll have to wait and see but the fact its big bus during rush hour has to day something..