Jump to content

MiWay


Orion VIII
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, drum118 said:

I have no idea what ridership was for 42 before COIVD as been too long since I rode the route to say if the 42A is a good option. The 42A route is a good option as it service the employment area compare to 42 where ridership falls west of Hurontario/Mavis. Not sure how to loop the 42A at Mavis other than using the shopping plaza and not sure if the Plaza's will like that.

My take the map is showing the 2 routes that have service in both direction and a waste of resources doing the 15 route.

With the 42A it kills the 142 that I saw as a waste of resources with low ridership from the day it was announce and before going into service.

As for 24 hour service, you need 3 24 hour lines feeding a 42N. Need a route for Meadowvale, Hurontario and a new route from Westwood to the airport to connect with TTC 300's lines.

The map clearly shows the 42A using Envoy and Mavis to loop. There are no shopping plazas at Mavis, you're likely thinking of the ones at McLaughlin. 

The 42/42A combination will run every 5 minutes through the daytime (including midday) with 10 minute service west of Mavis on the 42 only. Currently route 42 service is 7-8 minutes during rush hours and 13 minutes during midday.

Regarding the debate about the 104, my personal opinion is that it's a pointless express route and I would be fine if it never came back. Due to the stop spacing and ridership patterns on the Derry corridor there are very little time savings with the 42 vs 104, and those service hours would be better used having the 42 being a more frequent route. It is amusing that one of MiWay's justifications for the 104 bring introduced was that "adding more buses to the 42 would just cause them to bunch so we need a higher heirachy of service". At that point in April 2018, the 42 ran every 10 minutes during rush hours. 3 years later and here we are with 5 minute frequency on the 42. 

Lastly about 24 hour service, I do agree that the 42 would be a useful part of a overnight network but with the current financial pressures I don't see any additional service. Hurontario (2/17) and Westwoood-Airport (7) already have 24 hour service so to meet your criteria there would only need to be an additional route in the west end, there probably should be one regardless (perhaps the 13).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MiExpress said:

The map clearly shows the 42A using Envoy and Mavis to loop. There are no shopping plazas at Mavis, you're likely thinking of the ones at McLaughlin. 

The 42/42A combination will run every 5 minutes through the daytime (including midday) with 10 minute service west of Mavis on the 42 only. Currently route 42 service is 7-8 minutes during rush hours and 13 minutes during midday.

Regarding the debate about the 104, my personal opinion is that it's a pointless express route and I would be fine if it never came back. Due to the stop spacing and ridership patterns on the Derry corridor there are very little time savings with the 42 vs 104, and those service hours would be better used having the 42 being a more frequent route. It is amusing that one of MiWay's justifications for the 104 bring introduced was that "adding more buses to the 42 would just cause them to bunch so we need a higher heirachy of service". At that point in April 2018, the 42 ran every 10 minutes during rush hours. 3 years later and here we are with 5 minute frequency on the 42. 

Lastly about 24 hour service, I do agree that the 42 would be a useful part of a overnight network but with the current financial pressures I don't see any additional service. Hurontario (2/17) and Westwoood-Airport (7) already have 24 hour service so to meet your criteria there would only need to be an additional route in the west end, there probably should be one regardless (perhaps the 13).

 

 

Thanks for the loop info as I didn't look closely at it.

Until COVID is in hand and ridership get back to where it was before COVID, no new 24 hour service will hit the road.

The plan I submitted to council for 24 hour service calls for east-west route on the Lake Shore with longer headway than other; Dundas; Burhamthrope from end to end only, not the South Common route; Eglington end to end; Britannia; Derry. Dundas would use Aukland/Bloor/Dundas/Kipling/Bloor Aukland for a loop since TTC 300 bus use Aukland

North south: Dixie; Hurontario; Mavis from Dundas to Sheridan; Erin Mills/13; Winston Churchill; Ridgway/9 Line. Then there is the 7 servicing the airport;

Walking distance should be within 15 minute to/from X were possible.

As for 142, never support it like 110 south of UTM with ridership on 110 south of UTM is a failure 100%. Cost ratio is around 10% well below the 45% for the system that could be higher with changes to the system. Don't expect the 100 return to service as its a waste of resources. Once the Eglinton LRT makes its way to Renforth than the airport, what good is the 100 then? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had played around with the 42A DERRY schedule.  MiWay appears to be following the TTC's practice here of using the same branch identifier on all branches with a common terminus.  Hence you will only see the 42A designation westbound, while it returns eastbound to Westwood as the 42.  I wonder if they'll extend this to the 1 DUNDAS and 35 EGLINTON?

As for the overnight services, it's just speculation on my part on what MiWay would/should do if it were in a position to grow the network.  Likely after all of the COVID precautions have been lifted and ridership recovers.  Then again, those likely to be using the overnight network would be considered essential workers.  Pre-pandemic, I'd imagine the proportion of casual riders overnight would be fairly small.  Hospitality and bar/restaurant employees are probably the one segment of riders that has been impacted by COVID. 

All this being said, if an overnight route differs significantly from its daytime counterpart how should it be identified?  A branch letter of the closest counterpart?  A different route number altogether?  Perhaps once the network gets a bit more developed a different number series like the TTC's 300 Blue Night routes or using the N prefix as is common in several other systems (Vancouver and Paris off the top of my head).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The long delay in opening the tunnel to TTC fare area at Kipling is finally open after 5 months delay. I thought it would open 2 weeks ago as it sure look ready then.

Not all accessibility scooters and wheelchairs will fit that ramp. If more than 2 people want to use that ramp, one will have to wait until the other one use it.

After 5 months of service for the elevator at the Kiss & Ride is now out of service for maintenance with no signs at the Transit Hub advising riders of this issue. Good example why 2 are a must in place of one regardless of cost. So much for accessibility and those who have a hard time climbing stairs.

Great mistake not making that whole area one ramp with railing that there now, but cost got in the way.

Don't know why transit apps don't work for Mississauga, but a real pain in the ass. Sat I took 1 from the transit hub and the app said the 101 was due in 3 minutes while the stop display said no service. Then the 1 was due in 4 minutes with the stop display saying 10 minutes. Are developers slow updating their apps or Mississauga slow giving the correct data? I happen to check online scheduling for a route last week after getting home to check the times as noted in the app and it did not match the online schedule to the point the online had cross off time for the same time frame for 2 of the 5 week day schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JazzyJay729 said:

How many 2010 D60LFRs are planned to be repainted?

It looks like just 4 at the moment. If they plan of on reassigning and repainting units, then I have no idea 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

According to a report going to Mississauga council next week, MiWay and TTC are moving forward on a project to integrate service and fares within Etobicoke.

The proposed project will see restrictions on MiWay buses within Etobicoke removed and MiWay will be allowed to pick up and discharge passengers, as well as collect fares. With changes to fare policy and PRESTO software changes, cross-boundary service integration (including to and from the subway system) will be possible.

The first phase will consist of the Dundas, Bloor and Burnhamthorpe corridors, with a pilot phase being conducted starting in Fall 2021. MiWay's route 76 will be re-routed along Burnhamthorpe east to Islington Station and then to Kipling Terminal. With this change, routes 26 and 76 will provide all service on Burnhamthorpe within Etobicoke and TTC route 50 will be eliminated.

MiWay will add 2 peak buses on route 76 to add capacity.

In the future, service on Bloor Street within Etobicoke is proposed to be assumed fully by MiWay routes 3 Bloor and a re-routing of 20 Rathburn via Mill Road, allowing for TTC route 49 to be eliminated. 

Service on Dundas in Etobicoke will also be integrated in the future with MiWay buses picking up and discharging passengers, but no removal of TTC service is proposed on this stretch.

Report: https://pub-mississauga.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=13040&fbclid=IwAR3bm5nMb3wM_6DwxcmxIFD0xKruKBpSDGrOuQXq5ItSUeetPuJ2V2z4cyI

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if a farside stop westbound at Burnhamthorpe and Mill will be installed or the existing nearside stop moved to accommodate a rerouted 20 RATHBURN.  Those passengers along Rathburn Rd. in Mississauga trying to connect to the Burnhamthorpe corridor buses have few opportunities with only two common stops eastbound and none (currently) westbound.

Eliminating the TTC 50 BURNHAMTHORPE will eliminate a required bay in the redeveloped Islington terminal.  The attached document also mentions having shared terminal facilities once the Fare and Service Integration is implemented.  Given the current conditions I doubt much will happen at Kipling, but there may be implications at Finch if/when the subway gets extended further north.  If service were improved on the 30 REXDALE and 37 ISLINGTON/937 ISLINGTON ROCKET I suppose the 37A branch could be eliminated as well. 

I wonder how the TTC will display the integrated MiWay routes.  I presume the integration will apply system-wide and not just on certain corridors like Burnhamthorpe and Bloor.  It would allow for faster trips on the the 112 WEST MALL for example with passengers wanting to reach the northern end of the route to take a MiWay bus to Renforth Station  (which would essentially be an express service) and then transfer to the TTC.  There will obviously have to be a lot of promotion along both the Burnhamthorpe and Bloor corridors in Etobicoke that MiWay will be providing the service which will take some getting used to!  I've always thought that at the common MiWay and TTC stops where a shelter and map exist the connecting MiWay service should be shown at least going off the map.  Perhaps Metrolinx will standardize the map?  Or will we see the return of the GTA transit map?

I'm also hoping the broader Fare and Service Integration with GO and TTC results in the return of some sort of co-fare agreement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really have to laugh at this as it long over due as well finally going to happen. In all my reports to TTC Commissioners meetings and Council since 2003, I have called for miWay to take over these 2 routes since it would provide better service to TTC riders as well reduce Mississauga operation cost in Toronto, especially for 26. Without some support for route 3 by TTC, it would be a blood bath for that route. TTC would walk away with 6 buses and over $1.5 Million cost saving yearly with Mississauga taking over TTC Routes, considering they were part of 20 bus routes on TTC chopping blocks since the 90's.

 

The question for route 49 riders, will they have to spend 7 extra minute travel time on 3 and 20 going to the Kipling Transit Hub not the TTC Kipling Bus Terminal like they do today both ways??? The other option is a TTC bay be setup with a fare systems to get Mississauga riders to pay their TTC fare. How will enforcement of fare be handle departing TTC bay??

 

Route 26 and 76 have to be beef up on the weekend, especially on Sunday as 26 is a pit for service that day caused by 7 riders that screw it for everyone.

 

Route 20 will follow the current route 49 east of Mills like it does today and have no issues with that since next to no riders on Bloor are going east in the first place.

 

Under the old plan, 26 was to operate out of the new Islington bus terminal as that where it was to end and start.

 

Will YRT be doing this for some of TTC routes in the coming years as well as it should happen???

 

Expect more changes to TTC system with other systems taking part of it over, especially the remaining routes of the 20 on the chopping block.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm wondering what the arrangement will be for the segment of Eglinton that forms the boundary between Mississauga and Toronto?  That's probably the only part of Toronto that isn't accessible by the TTC (and when it was, a second fare was required).  It is ironic that a MTO Drive Test Centre is situated at Eglinton and Rakely isn't accessible by the TTC.  The Transit is clearly in Mississauga, but the 35 EGLINTON has stops on either side of the Eglinton boundary.

The agreement does allow for MiWay to serve TTC terminals similar to the PanAm Games routes.  Would MiWay consider moving a route or two from Kipling Terminal to Kipling Station.  Transferring between MiWay routes within Toronto should be simplified with the agreement.

Judging by the posts in the YRT thread they'll be piloting a few route with open-door boarding as well.  Will the handful of Brampton Transit and DRT routes be included as well or do they have to be added individually? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Gil said:

Judging by the posts in the YRT thread they'll be piloting a few route with open-door boarding as well.  Will the handful of Brampton Transit and DRT routes be included as well or do they have to be added individually? 

Regarding cross-fare boundary implementation, it is done by each agency which they have to budget the costs of providing the service and any additional service to cover the gap. Having to ensure that any new software changes is tested and implemented to ensure correct fares are charged between the boundaries via GPS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2021 at 1:08 AM, buschic said:

#KiplingTerminal

I did a full 3hr intensive Accessibility Audit at the Kipling Terminal on opening morning (545am-845am) it has a lot of issues.

 

over 35 issues were found, upper level staff of both MiWay & Metrolinx were present on opening day & were advised, some even asked to have me walk them around & show major issues.

Accessibility advocates should contact the South Etobicoke News to set the record straight. It just published an article entitled "Riders love the new terminal". It sounds like it was written by Metrolinx flunkies.

https://torontonewswire.com/riders-love-the-brand-new-73m-transit-hub-at-kipling-go-station/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

With GO Buses on a reduced schedule and MiWay revising service to Cooksville, I've been taking advantage of the 38 CREDITVIEW's new routing.  (I'm on the bus anyway to Erindale GO, but the scheduling allows me to catch the same bus at Cooksville GO with a lesser fare to Union!)  The operator change at Central Pkwy. is time-consuming and usually results in a delayed arrival which stresses out the passengers making the same trip as me.  I've now factored it into my trips now as the trip planners don't!

I'm all for the operators having a safe work environment, but some go into full decontamination when they switch on which makes me wonder what they think of their co-workers! 

MiWay also needs to either figure out the content they want to display on the screens at the GO stations that Metrolinx is installing or put a notice on the signs at the 28 CONFEDERATION and 53 KENNEDY bays that the buses only come by on weekdays.  There isn't even a system map to tell you that anywhere (obvious) at the station.  I had to tell someone waiting at the 28 CONFEDERATION stop on a weekend that she'd have to walk to catch her bus if she didn't want to wait for one of the other routes to take her there.

I've already filled out their comment form regarding the operator changeovers and the signage at Cooksville.  Just wondering how long before they take action.

IMG_20210515_2001068.jpg

IMG_20210515_1958341.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, Gil said:

I'm wondering if a farside stop westbound at Burnhamthorpe and Mill will be installed or the existing nearside stop moved to accommodate a rerouted 20 RATHBURN.  Those passengers along Rathburn Rd. in Mississauga trying to connect to the Burnhamthorpe corridor buses have few opportunities with only two common stops eastbound and none (currently) westbound.

Eliminating the TTC 50 BURNHAMTHORPE will eliminate a required bay in the redeveloped Islington terminal.  The attached document also mentions having shared terminal facilities once the Fare and Service Integration is implemented.  Given the current conditions I doubt much will happen at Kipling, but there may be implications at Finch if/when the subway gets extended further north.  If service were improved on the 30 REXDALE and 37 ISLINGTON/937 ISLINGTON ROCKET I suppose the 37A branch could be eliminated as well. 

I wonder how the TTC will display the integrated MiWay routes.  I presume the integration will apply system-wide and not just on certain corridors like Burnhamthorpe and Bloor.  It would allow for faster trips on the the 112 WEST MALL for example with passengers wanting to reach the northern end of the route to take a MiWay bus to Renforth Station  (which would essentially be an express service) and then transfer to the TTC.  There will obviously have to be a lot of promotion along both the Burnhamthorpe and Bloor corridors in Etobicoke that MiWay will be providing the service which will take some getting used to!  I've always thought that at the common MiWay and TTC stops where a shelter and map exist the connecting MiWay service should be shown at least going off the map.  Perhaps Metrolinx will standardize the map?  Or will we see the return of the GTA transit map?

I'm also hoping the broader Fare and Service Integration with GO and TTC results in the return of some sort of co-fare agreement.

So does it mean that we don't have to pay another fare when transferring between Miway and the TTC at either Kipling or Islington Station?? (or vice versa)

I live in the corridor where I can use both 49 Bloor West and 50 Burnhamthorpe, and I want to know what will happen once the routes are integrated? Does it mean we can transfer to the TTC subway without extra fare?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, raptorjays said:

So does it mean that we don't have to pay another fare when transferring between Miway and the TTC at either Kipling or Islington Station?? (or vice versa)

I live in the corridor where I can use both 49 Bloor West and 50 Burnhamthorpe, and I want to know what will happen once the routes are integrated? Does it mean we can transfer to the TTC subway without extra fare?? 

Still in the works as well how you will have access to your current TTC station. I don't think you will have to pay an extra fare if you are paying for a TTC fare now. If you live in Mississauga and can use 49, you are part of the cause for a blood bath for 3 business case for taking over TTC 49 before now with 20 being added to the picture when it does happen.

Since Mississauga is about to start the 2022 budget process, guess it time to come off the sideline and deal with the lack of new buses that are past due to be order and not wait for the Fed's funding process. We got buses going into their 16-18 years of service long after the plan 15 and most likely will be 17-20 years old when replace. No order for the 400 plus has been place or tender with no sign as to when. Standard BS and cheapness by council related to transit these years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know the reason for the closure of the eastbound platform at the Dixie Transitway Station?  Transit Toronto makes it sound rather vague as the source material from MiWay's Service Update has very little in terms of details regarding the closure.

From Transit Toronto:

MiWay has announced that, starting Friday, June 11, it’s closed the eastbound station building at Dixie Station on the Mississauga Transitway. It has not explained why it’s closed the station.

All passengers must enter or exit the station through the westbound side of the station. Passengers who must exit the station or connect to other services can do so from the north station building. Security staff will escort eastbound passengers across the transitway roadway to and from the eastbound platforms.

The elevator in the eastbound station building is also unavailable.

The station closure affects eastbound passengers travelling aboard GO Transit buses along these routes:

  • 19 Mississauga / North York; and
  • 40 Hamilton / Pearson / Richmond Hill.

It also affects MiWay passengers aboard buses along these routes:

  • 5 Dixie;
  • 73 Kamato;
  • 74 Explorer; and
  • 109 Meadowvale express.

 

From MiWay:

  • The Dixie Transitway Station building (eastbound) is closed. Click here for details. Staff will be on platform level to assist customers until further notice. Customers who need to exit the station or connect to other services can do so from the north station building. For customer safety, MiWay requires that all customers be escorted by designated MiWay/Security staff. The eastbound elevator at Dixie Transitway Station is out of service.
ServiceUpdate_DixieStation_8-5x11.jpg

In an ideal world, there would have been accesses from the northbound Dixie Rd. stop down to the Transitway platforms.  It would create some useful redundancies and eliminate the need to either walk down to Eastgate Pkwy. to cross at the signal or the riskier dart/jaywalk across Dixie Rd. to get to the existing entrances to the Transitway station.  A stop or a pair of them at the Transitway access road off would facilitate transfers between the 5 DIXIE and the routes using that access road without the need to access the station itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gil said:

Does anyone know the reason for the closure of the eastbound platform at the Dixie Transitway Station?  Transit Toronto makes it sound rather vague as the source material from MiWay's Service Update has very little in terms of details regarding the closure.

From Transit Toronto:

MiWay has announced that, starting Friday, June 11, it’s closed the eastbound station building at Dixie Station on the Mississauga Transitway. It has not explained why it’s closed the station.

All passengers must enter or exit the station through the westbound side of the station. Passengers who must exit the station or connect to other services can do so from the north station building. Security staff will escort eastbound passengers across the transitway roadway to and from the eastbound platforms.

The elevator in the eastbound station building is also unavailable.

The station closure affects eastbound passengers travelling aboard GO Transit buses along these routes:

  • 19 Mississauga / North York; and
  • 40 Hamilton / Pearson / Richmond Hill.

It also affects MiWay passengers aboard buses along these routes:

  • 5 Dixie;
  • 73 Kamato;
  • 74 Explorer; and
  • 109 Meadowvale express.

 

From MiWay:

  • The Dixie Transitway Station building (eastbound) is closed. Click here for details. Staff will be on platform level to assist customers until further notice. Customers who need to exit the station or connect to other services can do so from the north station building. For customer safety, MiWay requires that all customers be escorted by designated MiWay/Security staff. The eastbound elevator at Dixie Transitway Station is out of service.
ServiceUpdate_DixieStation_8-5x11.jpg

In an ideal world, there would have been accesses from the northbound Dixie Rd. stop down to the Transitway platforms.  It would create some useful redundancies and eliminate the need to either walk down to Eastgate Pkwy. to cross at the signal or the riskier dart/jaywalk across Dixie Rd. to get to the existing entrances to the Transitway station.  A stop or a pair of them at the Transitway access road off would facilitate transfers between the 5 DIXIE and the routes using that access road without the need to access the station itself.

A car crashed into the platform entrance at Street level

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

A car crashed into the platform entrance at Street level

Thanks!  I don't recall hearing about it in the news.  You'd think there would be even a brief explanation as to why the platform was closed.  Again, a second entrance on the west side of Dixie would have eliminated the need for the closure.  As to whether or not it would be an accessible entrance would be up to MiWay to decide if it was worth spending the funds on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Gil said:

Thanks!  I don't recall hearing about it in the news.  You'd think there would be even a brief explanation as to why the platform was closed.  Again, a second entrance on the west side of Dixie would have eliminated the need for the closure.  As to whether or not it would be an accessible entrance would be up to MiWay to decide if it was worth spending the funds on.

Credit to the instagram poster,

 

A722C638-89BF-4F1C-A1F2-DDC433EBDE0D.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

Credit to the instagram poster,

 

A722C638-89BF-4F1C-A1F2-DDC433EBDE0D.png

Strangely there's no mention of it on MiWay's Customer Service Twitter or Facebook accounts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For posterity's sake here are the upcoming Service Changes for June 28:

June 28, 2021 Service Changes

MiWay continues to provide a safe and reliable transit system, and is committed to delivering the right service at the right time while being responsive to changes in transit ridership demand.

Customer demand has grown on some routes and declined on others as many people have changed their travel patterns to work and school in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. MiWay is adjusting service frequencies across the network to ensure that service is available where and when customers need it, and the potential for overcrowding is reduced.

MiWay is committed to monitoring all routes in the transit system network so that service levels are responsive to customers’ needs and can change with shifts in demand as travel patterns continue to evolve.

MiWay will be implementing the following service changes on Monday, June 28, 2021:

Adding More Service on Corridors where Demand has Increased: Routes 42, 51 and 61

  • Route 42 – Derry will provide more Saturday service.
  • Route 51 – Tomken will provide more early morning service on weekdays.
  • Route 61 – Mavis will provide more late evening service on weekdays.

Service Frequency Reductions to Match Customer Demand: Various Routes

Schedules will be adjusted on the routes below; these routes will continue to be monitored for changes in customer demand:

  • Weekday: Routes 3-Bloor, 8-Cawthra, 13-Glen Erin, 20-Rathburn, 26-Burnhamthorpe, 28-Confederation, 42A-Derry (midday only), and 48-Erin Mills.
  • Saturday: Route 3-Bloor, 26-Burnhamthorpe, 46-Tenth Line-Osprey, and 109-Meadowvale Express.
  • Sunday: Route 109-Meadowvale Express.

MiWay will monitor these routes so that service levels can be adjusted as needed in the fall.

Service Changes due to Road Construction: City Centre Transit Terminal Bus Stop Changes and Route 44

  • Bus stop locations at the City Centre Transit Terminal will change due to upcoming construction on Rathburn Road for the Hurontario Light Rail Transit (LRT) project. Click here to view the terminal map.
  • Route 44 – Mississauga Road will return to its original routing because the construction on Mississauga Road, between Burnhamthorpe Road and Eglinton Avenue, is complete. Click here to view the routing.

Schedule Adjustments to Improve Service Reliability: Various Routes

Schedules will be adjusted on these routes in response to changes in traffic conditions:

  • Weekday: Routes 5-Dixie, 9-Rathburn-Thomas, 10-Bristol-Britannia, 23-Lakeshore, 30-Rexdale, 34-Credit Valley, 39-Britannia,  45-Winston Churchill, 45A Winston Churchill-Speakman, 53-Kennedy, 68-Terry Fox, 109-Meadowvale Express.
  • Saturday: Routes 5-Dixie, 9-Rathburn-Thomas, 10-Bristol-Britannia, 13-Glen Erin, 20-Rathburn, 23-Lakeshore, 28-Confederation, 30-Rexdale, 34-Credit Valley, 39-Britannia, 45-Winston Churchill, 45A Winston Churchill-Speakman, 48-Erin Mills, 61-Mavis.
  • Sunday: Routes 3-Bloor, 5-Dixie, 9-Rathburn-Thomas, 10-Bristol-Britannia, 13-Glen Erin, 20-Rathburn, 23-Lakeshore, 26-Burnhamthorpe, 28-Confederation, 34-Credit Valley, 39-Britannia, 45-Winston Churchill, 45A Winston Churchill-Speakman, 48-Erin Mills, 61-Mavis.

Seasonal Service Changes: Summer School Routes and Canada Day Service

  • Summer school routes will not operate this year due to summer school closures and online learning. Regular school service routes will continue to be suspended.
  • On Canada Day (Thursday, July 1, 2021), buses will operate on a holiday schedule and the following routes will not operate due to low customer demand: Routes 28 Confederation, 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line, 46 Tenth Line-Osprey, 48 Erin Mills, and 68 Terry Fox.

There are also revised Weekday, Saturday and Sunday system maps.

With the seemingly same slate of routes not operating on Holidays, they could create a Holiday map as well.  Perhaps they can just use a rush hour line treatment (hollow or dotted/dashed lines) on the Sunday route to identify which ones don't operate on holidays? 

Among the most notable change in bus stop locations at CCTT is that the 502 ZÜM MAIN bus will be the sole occupant of Platform O, currently the home of the 109N MEADOWVALE EXPRESS which shifts over to Platform N with the 20W RATHBURN.  The 76 CITY CENTRE-SUBWAY takes the 91 HILLCREST's old spot at Platform B.  While this makes for easier transfers between the 109 and other routes at CCTT, it will require the 502 change its routing in the area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...