I have no hope for Mississauga Transit these past few years and a lot of changes have been poor for riders. The model split hasn't change much in the past 10 years or so that is still well to low for the size of the city and where it should be today, not 2040. The city should be seeing about 140,000 rider a day or 675,000,000 boarding yearly, not the 80-90 million that get used by staff at council. 714-740,000 x 20% x 2 x 275. Density need to be 125-250 per ha along major transit corridors and Hurontario isn't close to this except a few spots. 

I stop years ago doing data collection based on my travels needs that I am very rarely north of Sq On on Hurontario or even use Hurontario these days. Haven't even been on the 502 this year or even used the 103 north of Eglinton. 

I expect the 103 was cut due to the COVID-19 issue and a pain for fast trip to/from PC. One only has to look at the ridership of 2 south of the North Service Rd to see how little they have to stop in that area for riders these days, as well in the past. Quality of service for 2 and 17 sucks for normal service, but has issues dealing with COVID-19 close doors these days, like other routes. It may go back to PC in the fall.

Since the LRT station for PC is next to Hurontario, traffic most likely be reduce to a single lane in each direction using the northbound lane so the tunnel is built under the Lakeshore Line, the new LRT station and moving the sidewalk to the west. This work will not take place until Q2-Q3 in 2021, with road construction starting this fall. Until construction traffic lights are in place, can't do much work like removing the median that hasn't been removed.

There is no acceleration of work taking place as the engineering drawings are still been worked on as well approval by the city and region. The first big push is getting the maintenance complex built so it ready for the new cars in late 2022 or early 2023 to start testing them. They are some places where work could happen soon than later, but up to the builder

Planners and schedulers are still in the Hub and spoke mind set as well thinking everyone is going to Toronto when that not the case in the first place.

One route that needs cutting and said so at council before it went into service and that is the 110 to Clarkson GO. Every trip I been on it, there been less than 10 at all hours of the day in the past. Haven't been on it in over a year.

I like shopping at the Lakeshore NO Frills even though it was small and it was a lost to those who couldn't afford going to Metro or Loblaws since they are over price. in the first place I only go there when things are on sell as I am and have been a cheap shopper for grocery and other things, even though I can pay the high cost in the first place. Within walking distance of a Metro and haven't been side of it for most of the year so far. Even Walmart is becoming over price since they have the market to themselves these days.

Has anyone heard or know about the 106 buses coming from NFI under the PTIF program??? Projects: 16201, 16202, 16239, 17228 and 17229 will cost the city $7,158,000 with $200,000 defer to 2021 for NFI Training.

I know 106 buses where to be order later than normal to replace 0300's and 0500's. Been a while that buses were lasted more than 15 years

36 minutes ago, drum118 said:

Has anyone heard or know about the 106 buses coming from NFI under the PTIF program??? Projects: 16201, 16202, 16239, 17228 and 17229 will cost the city $7,158,000 with $200,000 defer to 2021 for NFI Training.

I know 106 buses where to be order later than normal to replace 0300's and 0500's. Been a while that buses were lasted more than 15 years

The 106 buses you reference along with the listed project numbers were the Nova and New Flyer buses that were received in 2017 and 2018, which were purchased using PTIF funding. Because full reimbursement for these projects still has not been received they are still listed as open projects in the budget report. The charts included with the report make that clear, as do the actual project numbers indicating the projects started in 2016 and 2017. I do not know why there is a note for deferring the payment of training costs for the New Flyers however.

49 Nova LFS 40' (1730-1766, 1801-1812) + 30 Nova LFS 60' (1770-1799) + 27 New Flyer 40' (1701-1727) = 106 buses in 2017 and 2018. 

The only buses on order currently are the 11 New Flyer XDE60s being delivered this fall. Mississauga currently has plans to purchase ~250 buses for 2021-2023 delivery (109 buses projected for 2021) taking advantage of ICIP funding but until that is approved, nothing will be purchased, and there is no guarantee they will be from NFI either.922375284_MiWayfleetprocurementplan.thumb.jpg.055b313e32abb75516c48c38044e7741.jpg

22 hours ago, drum118 said:

One route that needs cutting and said so at council before it went into service and that is the 110 to Clarkson GO. Every trip I been on it, there been less than 10 at all hours of the day in the past. Haven't been on it in over a year.

The 110 service to Clarkson is necessary to provide connections for UTM students to/from the GO Lakeshore Line, and is well used when UTM is in session, after all the majority of UTM students are commuters. Let's not forgot UTM has a active student union and provides millions of dollars in stable revenue to MiWay each year through the UPass program. Removing that service would take away a key connection and would likely be met with vocal opposition from UTM.

• Like 1

Just a thought that ran through my head, why don’t transit agencies like MiWay just unscrew the seats that they don’t want passengers to sit on instead of putting caution tape or posters telling them not to sit on those particular seats?

While I took MiWay I noticed under the seat was all screwed in place by nuts & bolts, which they could easily be unscrewed then put back when social distancing is over. 

I’d understand the middle seat across the back doors plus the 5 back seats, but why not those individual seats? The ones attached to pole stanchions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikenoza said:

Just a thought that ran through my head, why don’t transit agencies like MiWay just unscrew the seats that they don’t want passengers to sit on instead of putting caution tape or posters telling them not to sit on those particular seats?

While I took MiWay I noticed under the seat was all screwed in place by nuts & bolts, which they could easily be unscrewed then put back when social distancing is over. 

I’d understand the middle seat across the back doors plus the 5 back seats, but why not those individual seats? The ones attached to pole stanchions?

The TTC initially thought of doing this...but between the labour involved, needing garage space to store multiple hundreds of extra cushions for possibly months on end, and the obvious point that passengers will eventually just sit on the naked seat frames anyway, they determined it just wasn’t worth the effort.

removing the seats completely solves the Fed up passenger issue, but magnifies the storage problem, and if the attached stanchions have stop request buttons, that wiring harness would have to be addressed- it runs through said stanchion up into the ceiling as one continuous piece to the main trunk harness in the a/c ducting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

During the protest which occupied the Morning Star & Goreway intersection for three days buses were on detour around the intersection and using a temporary on-street loop on Corliss Cres. since access to the Westwood Square Terminal was also supposedly blocked.  MiWay had only posted detour notices (that I saw) on Monday and did not post them on Tuesday.  It was interesting watching the buses make their own loops via Darcel and Brandon Gate.  You'd think after 3 days they'd have figured out the detour.  The TTC had cut back its 52B LAWRENCE WEST to loop at McNaughton instead of detouring.  Brampton Transit didn't post any detour notices.  Here's the notice posted from the Peel Police twitter feed.

UPDATE/EDIT: It seems they are still blocking the intersection (Transit55 was showing the buses inside the Westwood Terminal this morning, but it looks like that's since changed) and MiWay has revised the Service Updates page accordingly this afternoon:

Current
  • Rts servicing Westwood Mall terminal are detoured due to closure of Westwood Terminal and closure of Morningstar/Goreway.
Current
  • RT42 - L Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel. L Morning Star both directions RT11 - R Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel both directions RT24 - Etude, L Darcel both directions RT104 - Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel both directions RT7 - Morningstar, L Catalpa, R Brandon Gate, R Monica, R Darcel RT15 - Brandon Gate, cross Goreway, R Monica, Darcel to R Morningstar RT30 - Brandon Gate, cross Goreway, R Monica, R Darcel to R Morningstar RT 16 - L Monica, R Darcel, to R Morningstar
Current
  • RT42 - L Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel. L Morning Star both directions RT11 - R Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel both directions RT24 - Etude, L Darcel both directions RT104 - Goreway, R Etude, L Darcel both directions RT7 - Morningstar, L Catalpa, R Brandon Gate, R Monica, R Darcel RT15 - Brandon Gate, cross Goreway, R Monica, Darcel to R Morningstar RT30 - Brandon Gate, cross Goreway, R Monica, R Darcel to R Morningstar RT 16 - L Monica, R Darcel, to R Morningstar

What's the point of posting the updates under separate directions if they both display the same information?!  Technically, the turns would be reversed for the opposite direction.  Again, from what I was observing on Transit55 differs from what's listed here.  Perhaps they should come with a disclaimer for people waiting on the listed detour routing but not seeing a bus!  The routing to turn around isn't indicated either, meaning the drivers are free to choose?  That would explain the varied loops.

Edited by Gil
Updated information

Service Changes August 3, 2020

The following routes continue to be affected by COVID‐19:

Reduced schedules

• Weekday – 3, 8, 9, 11, 29, 44, 46, 48, 68, 91, 109, 110
  • Saturday – 3, 26, 109
  • Sunday – 109

Routes temporarily cancelled

• Weekday – 32, 37, 64, 67, 100, 107, 185
  • Saturday – 107, 110
  • Sunday – 101, 107, 110

Remove from COVID communication list for August

• 61, all 300 school routes (not operating in summer)

20 hours ago, TransferCutter said:

Service Changes August 3, 2020

The following routes continue to be affected by COVID‐19:

Reduced schedules

• Weekday – 3, 8, 9, 11, 29, 44, 46, 48, 68, 91, 109, 110
  • Saturday – 3, 26, 109
  • Sunday – 109

Routes temporarily cancelled

• Weekday – 32, 37, 64, 67, 100, 107, 185
  • Saturday – 107, 110
  • Sunday – 101, 107, 110

Remove from COVID communication list for August

• 61, all 300 school routes (not operating in summer)

Other than the 61 (I don't recall if it gets a usual service cut in August) all the other routes here are the same as the existing COVID-19 service reductions.  Unless the 61 is poised to get it's service restored in August?  Then there's also the supposed truncation of the 103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS from Port Credit to Mississauga Hospital. 

Seeing as they'll need to replace the maps if that goes ahead, should they also remove or change the way the temporarily cancelled routes are shown?  They seemed to do a rather thorough job of replacing the maps when the 19 HURONTARIO was split as there's a notice at the top of the map which makes them easy to spot.  Usually with the smaller changes you'd still see a lot of outdated maps posted in the bus shelters.  Hopefully the full resumption of services coincides with the shift to the new Kipling Terminal and new maps will reflect the restored network and new routings.

Meanwhile, the protest in Malton has shifted to allow buses to enter Westwood but the intersection is still closed forcing detours that aren't posted or followed.

IMG_20200520_1908348.jpg

A couple random observations since I started heading back to work and using transit again:

Must have been a new driver on the 68 TERRY FOX earlier this week.  Missed the turn onto Winterton and instead continued along Guildwood to Bristol, then on to Terry Fox.  There were no detour notices for the Winterton stretch.  The driver then served all of the closed stops due to construction on Britannia instead of the temporary stops outside the construction zone.

Per the no longer listed removed/relocated stops for the 2 HURONTARIO, temporary stops have been posted southbound at John and Hillcrest.  Cooksville GO has over a dozen bus platforms.  Between GO Transit and MiWay that still seems like a few platforms too many unless they're anticipating the station becoming a bigger transit hub for bus routes.

They've started posting the August system map in bus shelters with the truncated 103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS  and 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS routing on Square One Drive along with the notice about *mandatory face coverings above the map where the current Hurontario corridor restructuring notice is.

*Medical, age and ability exceptions made.

I know they want to get the word out about the face coverings, the resumption of fare payment and front-door boarding, but rolling it out nearly a month before the next Service Change seems like jumping the gun. 

Is the 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS being booted out of the CCTT altogether and has anyone else heard of what other changes they have planned for August?

IMG_20200707_1834100.jpg

15 hours ago, Gil said:

has anyone else heard of what other changes they have planned for August?

7 Airport - Weekday - Southbound trip from Westwood Square will change from 1:34 pm to 1:31 pm

30 Rexdale  Revised - Weekday Saturday - Revised routing will no longer service Hull St between Derry Rd and Airport Rd Two stops will be missed

45 Winston Churchill - Weekday - Southbound trip from Meadowvale Town Centre at 7:11 am will change to 7:13 am to provide a connection with route 109‐Meadowvale Express

103 Hurontario Express Revised - Weekday Saturday Sunday - Revised routing will end at Trillium Health Centre, (no longer providing service on Hurontario south of Queensway, to Port Credit GO Station) Service frequency: Weekdays: 10 minutes Saturday: 19 minutes Sunday: 24 minutes

On 7/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, TransferCutter said:

7 Airport - Weekday - Southbound trip from Westwood Square will change from 1:34 pm to 1:31 pm

30 Rexdale  Revised - Weekday Saturday - Revised routing will no longer service Hull St between Derry Rd and Airport Rd Two stops will be missed

45 Winston Churchill - Weekday - Southbound trip from Meadowvale Town Centre at 7:11 am will change to 7:13 am to provide a connection with route 109‐Meadowvale Express

103 Hurontario Express Revised - Weekday Saturday Sunday - Revised routing will end at Trillium Health Centre, (no longer providing service on Hurontario south of Queensway, to Port Credit GO Station) Service frequency: Weekdays: 10 minutes Saturday: 19 minutes Sunday: 24 minutes

There's no mention of the 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS rerouting at/around City Centre.  Any particular reason or are they just experimenting with increasing the coverage around Square One?  It'd make sense from the perspective of increasing access to Sheridan and thus a September start.  I don't get all of the extra turns on and off Duke of York when running entirely on Square One drive from Living Arts would make for more direct routing.

The platform departure screens at Erindale GO also appear to be installed at all platforms (train and bus) but not turned on yet.  They appear to TV/LCD screens which personally seems to be overkill when LED would work just as well unless they plan on running ads and news similar to the subway platform screens on the TTC.

IMG_20200705_1121284.jpg

There's been a slight tweak with the relocation from Islington to Kipling (would this be a similar setup to Finch and Pioneer Village where the TTC have one facility and the other agencies have another?  Who retains ownership of the non-TTC terminal?) in the MiWay Five Transit Service Plan.  It's still ambiguously dated for Fall 2020, but the 26 BURNHAMTHORPE has been selected as the one route that will serve both Islington and Kipling.  Given Toronto's rules about having other agencies providing local service within Toronto, it will be interesting to see how they'll set it up.  Routing-wise I assume it will remain the same with the extra detour past Aukland westbound to serve the Kipling terminal.  Would all subway bound routes need to distinguish between Kipling and Islington or will they continue displaying "Subway" as their destination?

Seamless Connections with the New Kipling Station (Toronto)

Date: Fall 2020

Routes relocated from Islington Station to the new Kipling Station:

• 1 Dundas / 1C Dundas-Collegeway
  • 3 Bloor
  • 11 Westwood
  • 20 Rathburn
  • 26 Burnhamthorpe*
  • 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line / 35A Eglinton-Tenth Line
  • 70 Keaton
  • 71 Sheridan-Subway
  • 76 City Centre-Subway
  • 101/101A Dundas Express
  • 108 Meadowvale Business Express
  • 109 Meadowvale Express

*This route will continue to travel to both Islington Station and Kipling Station

Meanwhile, on my way home I've been noticing more and more August maps throughout Mississauga with the notable exception at the City Centre Transit Terminal.  There are huge posters warning of the upcoming change to the 103 HURONTARIO EXPRESS which will only run from Brampton Gateway Terminal to Mississauga Hospital.  Just a thought, but once all of the road resurfacing at Cooksville GO is done and MiWay buses can enter and service the station, would the 103 be a candidate for entering the station rather than serving it from Hurontario?  The pedestrian layout seems simple enough and it would probably be safer than having people running across Hurontario (regardless of whether or not there's a green light) to catch the 103 northbound.

Finally, for the second time I had a driver on the 68 TERRY FOX miss the turn from Guildwood onto Winterton.  A couple had requested the Stapleford stop which is the first one on Winterton and the driver realized the mistake.  The couple got off just south of Bristol and the driver called dispatch to get back to route.  I know GO Transit has the option of displaying the route kinda like GPS on their units.  Is this available to MiWay?  It was still daylight when the error occurred, so I'd chalk it up to either unfamiliarity or inattention.  At least with the detour only one stop (Stapleford) was missed.

Here's the entire list of service changes for August 3:

Changes to Service Starting August 3

On August 3, MiWay is changing service on several routes in response to evolving customer demand during the reopening phases of the economy and ongoing Hurontario LRT Construction.

The changes include:

1. Route 103 Hurontario Express will be revised

2. Route 30 Rexdale will be revised

3. Some routes servicing major corridors will have increased passenger capacity

4. Schedules will be reduced on Civic Holiday, August 3

1. Route 103 Hurontario Express will be revised

Route 103 Hurontario Express will be revised to travel along Hurontario between the Brampton Gateway Terminal and the Trillium Mississauga Hospital, seven days a week.

This route will no longer travel south of The Queensway along Hurontario to Port Credit GO, due to the anticipated reduction of traffic lanes south of the QEW in the upcoming months.

To travel to Port Credit GO, transfer from Route 103 Hurontario onto Route 2 Hurontario at the following Hurontario intersections: Burnhamthorpe Rd E, Elm Dr, Central Pkwy, John St, Dundas St and Paisley Blvd.

Learn more about the Phase 2 changes to the Hurontario corridor and how they will help minimize impacts to travel during Hurontario Light Rail Transit construction.

103_IRM_Aug3_2020_M-Su_FrmrRouting_Print

2. Route 30 Rexdale will be revised

Starting August 3, the current detour routing on Route 30 Rexdale will become permanent.

Service along Hull Street between Derry Road and Airport Road has been removed, with alternate stops located less than 250 meters from the two stops missed. Stops missed:

• Route 30 East – Stop 2938 at Hull Street and Derry Road will be removed from service. Use alternate stop 2783 located at Hull Street and Airport Road, only 100 meters east.
  • Route 30 West – Stop 2996 Hull Street and Airport Road will be removed from service. Use alternate stop 2784 located at Hull Street and Studley Street, only 250 meters west.
30_IRM_Aug3_2020_M-Sa_FrmrRouting_Print_

3. Some routes servicing major corridors will have increased passenger capacity

Starting August 3, MiWay is adding larger buses on some busier routes to accommodate returning customers as the economy starts to reopen.

These routes include:

• 2 Hurontario
  • 66 McLaughlin
  • 101 Dundas Express

4. Schedules will be reduced on Civic Holiday, August 3

On Civic Holiday, Monday, August 3, buses will operate on a holiday schedule. Due to reductions in ridership, service will be cancelled on the following routes:

• 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line
  • 46 Tenth Line-Osprey
  • 48 Erin Mills
  • 68 Terry Fox

No mention about the rerouting of the 6 CREDIT WOODLANDS shown on the system maps slowly being rolled out across the City.  Did someone jump the gun for a later service change or did they accidentally copy it over from the June MiWay Five Plan map?  There's no notice on the individual route map or schedule either of the supposed change.

I'm hoping the repeated cancelling of holiday service on the same routes is just a temporary COVID-19 measure (cost-saving as well given the drop in ridership?) otherwise we're heading towards needing to distinguish between Sunday and Holiday service.  Transit Toronto seems to notice a distinction already:

[Canada Day 2020 notice]

Holiday schedules. (Holiday schedules = regular Sunday schedules, except less frequent service along 13 routes: 1 / 1C Dundas, 3 Bloor, 5 Dixie, 9 Rathburn - Thomas, 10 Bristol - Britannia, 13 Glen Erin, 19 Hurontario, 23 Lakeshore, 38 Creditview, 39 Britannia, 48 Erin Mills, 66 McLaughlin and 110 University express.)

Also, MiWay is cancelling service along these routes: 6 Credit Woodlands, 28 Confederation, 35 Eglinton - Ninth Line and 68 Terry Fox.

Noticed this online as well:

We’re upgrading the PRESTO devices on our buses! The new devices have larger screens, but are designed to process one card at a time, so make sure you’re tapping only your @PRESTOcard card against the reader to pay your fare. For details, visit http://ow.ly/mgJt50AzY4q

3:00 PM · Jul 16, 2020

Finally, I've noticed they've begun removing the notices on buses that have taken seats out of use to maintain physical distancing on board.  With the requirement to wear face coverings it seems they've increased capacity to 100% seated.  The COVID-19 notices on the MiWay website keeps changing as evidenced by the dates, but they don't indicate what among the list of items has changed.  People I guess have become trained to leave an empty seat between them and another passenger as even though the signs were gone people were still distancing themselves.  Wonder what that will be like when the buses become more crowded.
  • Thanks 1

Can the TTC take MiWay's old Presto readers? At least they actually provide useful information compared to the useless ones the TTC has installed.

31 minutes ago, lip said:

Can the TTC take MiWay's old Presto readers? At least they actually provide useful information compared to the useless ones the TTC has installed.

According to the link in the tweet other GTA agencies who were the early PRESTO adopters are slated to get the new readers.  That should be enough for the TTC.  However David Lepofsky is probably waiting with a lawsuit against the TTC if they ever went that way.  The new readers should appease him, but I'm not sure how long it will be before the TTC gets them.

Does anyone have an update for the 2020 XDE60s coming for September? What will interior look like, similar for express XD40s?

Will these buses replace the remaining 2008 D60LFRs?

They've finished up the east GO access road into Cookeville station and if they don't open up the internal roadway for MiWay buses to access the bus loop on Monday it should definitely be ready for the August 3 (which is a holiday, hence no service) Service Change.  I'm still struck at the nearly dozen bus platforms available.  Are they planning on through-routing the Hurontario corridor routes?  2 platforms for both routes along with 2 for the 28 CONFEDERATION would explain it.  Throw in the 91 HILLCREST and proposed 53 KENNEDY and a lay-by platform or two (MiWay and GO) and that should assign all of the bus platforms.  Will probably just have to wait for a revised detour notice for the current routes serving the station. 

Meanwhile, for at least 2 weeks now the westbound stop on Dundas at Aukland has been moved to the west side in front of the Tim Horton's/Wendy's while work is ongoing for the new Kipling Terminal.  It's likely related to the Six Points reconstruction with crews finishing off work on the curb lane to Aukland but there's no notice that the stop has been relocated.  The first time I noticed I had crossed out of habit to the stop at the northeast corner only to find it missing and then running to catch my bus down the street.  There are blanket notices for all routes through Six Points, but none specifically for the relocated stop.  Are they planning on just hoping Kipling Terminal will be open before they need to move the stop back?  The 26 BURNHAMTHORPE is supposed to serve both Islington and Kipling but the routing hasn't been confirmed/announced yet.

3 hours ago, Gil said:

Meanwhile, for at least 2 weeks now the westbound stop on Dundas at Aukland has been moved to the west side in front of the Tim Horton's/Wendy's while work is ongoing for the new Kipling Terminal.  It's likely related to the Six Points reconstruction with crews finishing off work on the curb lane to Aukland but there's no notice that the stop has been relocated.  The first time I noticed I had crossed out of habit to the stop at the northeast corner only to find it missing and then running to catch my bus down the street. 

This has been ongoing since at least the beginning of June, if not earlier

17 hours ago, bus_7246 said:

This has been ongoing since at least the beginning of June, if not earlier

It part of the remaining work to complete the Six Point conversion, with everything being completed this year. You got another 4-6 months before the New Kipling Hub opens.

I wouldn't be surprised if 26 use Kipling Ave both direction to service the Hub and then to/from Islington.

One option was to have the 26 E to follow the current route to Islington, but would require a 1 to go to Islington as well. TTC prefer one Mississauga route to Islington.

The plan for Islington calls for 2 TTC routes and One Mississauga route using 3 platforms only.

17 hours ago, drum118 said:

It part of the remaining work to complete the Six Point conversion, with everything being completed this year. You got another 4-6 months before the New Kipling Hub opens.

I wouldn't be surprised if 26 use Kipling Ave both direction to service the Hub and then to/from Islington.

One option was to have the 26 E to follow the current route to Islington, but would require a 1 to go to Islington as well. TTC prefer one Mississauga route to Islington.

The plan for Islington calls for 2 TTC routes and One Mississauga route using 3 platforms only.

The PPUDO looks further behind than the new Terminal, then again, it doesn't require as much work so they could very well both finish at the same time.  The original structure has at least been moved back to its original location after all of the new tunnels have been completed.  Most of the infrastructure for the new Terminal appears to be in place with work continuing on the exterior facade.  They did ambiguously push the date of the opening from September to Fall 2020.  There is very little in terms of official construction updates from GO/Metrolinx so I'm basing this on my observations from my GO train trips through Kipling.

According to what's left of the MiWay Five Plan, in a concession to the TTC the 26 BURNHAMTHORPE is the only route that will continue to serve Islington.  The 2020 Service Map which says depicts the network in December once all of the changes have been made still shows the current Islington station service patterns.  I'm guessing that the 26 will continue on its regular routing into Islington and serve Kipling when heading westbound.  That would theoretically mean it could wind up serving BOTH stops at Dundas and Aukland!  Realistically one will probably be made redundant.  The Dundas one makes sense, but it also has amenities that the Aukland one doesn't (shelter, bench, garbage can) and due to space limitations can't.  One further potential complication would be anyone on the 26 wanting to transfer to one of the other routes at the Kipling Terminal unless the intra-Toronto service stipulation is waived.  I doubt they'd let passengers ride through Islington to get to Kipling unless it was booted out of Islington altogether and MiWay pushed the layover for the drivers to Kipling.

I'm also curious about the 20 RATHBURN routing into Kipling.  If a significant draw for the Toronto-bound passengers is the Loblaws at East Mall, then that would preclude it from running down Hwy. 427 to Dundas like the 76 CITY CENTRE-SUBWAY.  There's only one common stop between the 20 and 26 in Mississauga just east of Ponytrail unless Toronto will allow for transfers at Mill Rd.  Running the 20 down Kipling or possibly East Mall would solve the problem of getting to the Loblaws.

As for the future of the Islington bus terminal, hadn't the plans changed when the office building it would have sat under got nixed after losing the anchor tenant?  That would also imply that, assuming MiWay were to continue using one of the platforms, that the TTC would wind up sharing the other 2 platforms amongst the 4 routes (37 ISLINGTON, 50 BURNHAMTHORPE, 110 ISLINGTON SOUTH and 937 ISLINGTON EXPRESS). 

On 7/25/2020 at 11:54 AM, mikenoza said:

Does anyone have an update for the 2020 XDE60s coming for September? What will interior look like, similar for express XD40s?

Will these buses replace the remaining 2008 D60LFRs?

I guess the interior  looks like similar that may have same seating layout as xd60 but more like express xd40s I guess. But it will be wider rear doors like 2017 xd40 and 2013 xd60. Can someone confirmed that?

On 7/28/2020 at 3:30 PM, Gil said:

The PPUDO looks further behind than the new Terminal, then again, it doesn't require as much work so they could very well both finish at the same time.  The original structure has at least been moved back to its original location after all of the new tunnels have been completed.  Most of the infrastructure for the new Terminal appears to be in place with work continuing on the exterior facade.  They did ambiguously push the date of the opening from September to Fall 2020.  There is very little in terms of official construction updates from GO/Metrolinx so I'm basing this on my observations from my GO train trips through Kipling.

According to what's left of the MiWay Five Plan, in a concession to the TTC the 26 BURNHAMTHORPE is the only route that will continue to serve Islington.  The 2020 Service Map which says depicts the network in December once all of the changes have been made still shows the current Islington station service patterns.  I'm guessing that the 26 will continue on its regular routing into Islington and serve Kipling when heading westbound.  That would theoretically mean it could wind up serving BOTH stops at Dundas and Aukland!  Realistically one will probably be made redundant.  The Dundas one makes sense, but it also has amenities that the Aukland one doesn't (shelter, bench, garbage can) and due to space limitations can't.  One further potential complication would be anyone on the 26 wanting to transfer to one of the other routes at the Kipling Terminal unless the intra-Toronto service stipulation is waived.  I doubt they'd let passengers ride through Islington to get to Kipling unless it was booted out of Islington altogether and MiWay pushed the layover for the drivers to Kipling.

I'm also curious about the 20 RATHBURN routing into Kipling.  If a significant draw for the Toronto-bound passengers is the Loblaws at East Mall, then that would preclude it from running down Hwy. 427 to Dundas like the 76 CITY CENTRE-SUBWAY.  There's only one common stop between the 20 and 26 in Mississauga just east of Ponytrail unless Toronto will allow for transfers at Mill Rd.  Running the 20 down Kipling or possibly East Mall would solve the problem of getting to the Loblaws.

As for the future of the Islington bus terminal, hadn't the plans changed when the office building it would have sat under got nixed after losing the anchor tenant?  That would also imply that, assuming MiWay were to continue using one of the platforms, that the TTC would wind up sharing the other 2 platforms amongst the 4 routes (37 ISLINGTON, 50 BURNHAMTHORPE, 110 ISLINGTON SOUTH and 937 ISLINGTON EXPRESS). 

The only reason why a Mississauga bus was to go to Islington is the fact some 300+ riders live/work in that area and not to force riders to pay and extra fare for a one stop ride. 26 carries some of those riders, but they come from other routes.

If the 26 is to follow current route to Islington, then the bulk of the riders wanting to go to Islington will have to pay an extra fare for one stop going east. The 26 will service the Hub on its way out of Toronto and this will allow riders from Islington to transfer to other routes on the same fare.

The other thought put out there that 26 would use Kipling to/from the Hub to/from Islington or have a 1 do it.

The plan that surface after the fail office development has a new TTC station and platform next to CP line with a new traffic intersection where the current pickup/drop off area is now. The whole site is to be redevelop for affordable houses and how that will work is unknown at this time as well how TTC will fit in the plan.

There is to be only 3 platforms for the 4 TTC route as well Mississauga.

The PPUDO is basely done, but it the rest of the land for TTC Parking that way behind, as well on the Hub elevators and finishing. The parking for the PPUDO is what you find at GO station, but will be east-west setup, with the public using the west side and taxis the east side split in the centre. Acorn entrance/exit is the only access point to TTC parking lot, with Aukland been close once the new entrance is open

As for 20, the East Mall would be the prefer chose.

TTC Stops are to be install on the New Dundas with shelters considering there were none before.

Hope to have a look at the area in a few days if I have the time, since lack of time been a big issues for me theses days.