Jump to content

MiWay


Orion VIII
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/22/2019 at 12:04 AM, H4 5600 said:

billy bishop airport was using ex-miway 0877 as a shuttle for an event.

im not sure who owns it, if its owned by the airport or if it was just chartered from another company for the event.

Screenshot_20190922-000057_Instagram.jpg

More than likely a charter bus, perhaps owned by TOK? I wouldn't see why the airport would need to own a 60 foot bus for their shuttles to Union. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Orion VII BRT 1209 which had a HVAC fire last December has had repairs completed by MTB and should re enter service shortly.

MiWay will be hosting information sessions for their proposed 2020 service changes between October 15-19. The proposed service changes should be posted to the website shortly.

October 15: City Centre Terminal 7am-7pm

October 16 Meadowvale Town Centre 2pm-7pm

October 17 Westwood Square 2pm-7pm

October 18 Burnhamthorpe Library 2pm-7pm

October 19 Erin Mills Town Centre 10am-6pm

Speaking of service changes, the October 28 service changes will include major changes to routes 38 and 68 as outlined in the MiWay Five plan as well as improved weekend service on several routes.
 

Route 37/38/68

Route 38 will be revised to no longer serve Britannia, Silken Laumann or Bancroft and will continue north/south along Creditview.
Route 68 will be extended to loop via Britannia, Bancroft and Silken Laumann replacing route 38 service in the area.

Route 37 will remain as is with no changes.

Route 38 frequency:

Weekday: 22-24 minutes peak (unchanged), 28-30 minutes midday (from 36 minutes), every 36 minutes evening (from 45 minutes)
Saturday: 22-24 minutes all day (unchanged)
Sunday: 36 minutes all day (from 40 minutes)
 

Route 68 frequency:

Weekday: 25 minutes peak, 30 minutes midday and evening. Route 68/91 will continue to interline.
Saturday: Approximately 50 minute service all day with frequency varying depending on trip times. No longer interlining with route 8.
NEW Sunday service with approximately 50 minute frequency. Span of service 855a to 512p, first trip from CCT at 855a, last trip 424p.

Weekend service changes:

8 Cawthra

Saturday frequency increased to 45 minutes (from 60 minutes) due to no longer interlining with route 68.

13 Glen Erin 

Saturday midday frequency increased to 27 minutes (from 33 minutes)

39 Britannia

Saturday midday frequency increased to 27 minutes (from 33 minutes)

101 Dundas Express:

Saturday midday frequency increased to 15-16 minutes (from 20 minutes) between 11:00am-7:00pm from South Common and 12:13pm-8:00pm from Islington. Service outside these hours will remain at 20 minutes frequency.

NEW Sunday service every 20 minutes from 9:40am-7:16pm. First eastbound trip from South Common 9:40am, last westbound trip from Islington at 6:30pm.
With these improvements route 1 will use 40' buses on weekends.

109 Meadowvale Express:
Saturday midday frequency increased to 15 minutes (from 23 minutes) between 9:30am-5:00pm from Meadowvale and 10:22am-6:08pm from Islington. Service outside these hours will remain at 23 minutes frequency.

Sunday midday frequency increased to 17 minutes (from 23 minutes) between 9:15am-4:35pm from Meadowvale and 10:05am-5:29pm from Islington. Service outside these hours will remain at 23 minutes frequency.

 

 

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

January 6, 2020 Fare Increase
Cash Fare-Adult Revised To encourage Presto migration Per Adult $3.75 $4.00 $0.25 6.7%
Cash Fare-Students - Youth (Age 13- 19) Revised To encourage Presto migration Per Student $3.75 $4.00 $0.25 6.7%
UPass 8-month fee (for eligible UTM students)1 Revised Per Student $229.00 $245.03 $16.03 7.0%
UPass replacement fee1 Revised Per Student $114.50 $122.52 $8.02 7.0%
UPass replacement fee1 Revised Per Student $114.50 $122.52 $8.02 7.0%
Summer UPass replacement fee1 Revised Per Student $69.25 $73.40 $4.16 6.0%
Cash Fare-Seniors (65 years of age or older) Revised To encourage Presto migration Per Senior $3.75 $4.00 $0.25 6.7%
Charter Rate (per hour, minimum charge 2 hours)-60 foot bus Revised Per Customer $235.00 $245.00 $10.00 4.3%
Charter Rate (per hour, minimum charge 2 hours)-30 or 40 foot bus Revised Per Customer $200.00 $205.00 $5.00 2.5%

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, Silly Tilley said:

MiWay will be hosting information sessions for their proposed 2020 service changes between October 15-19. The proposed service changes should be posted to the website shortly.

October 15: City Centre Terminal 7am-7pm

October 16 Meadowvale Town Centre 2pm-7pm

October 17 Westwood Square 2pm-7pm

October 18 Burnhamthorpe Library 2pm-7pm

October 19 Erin Mills Town Centre 10am-6pm

Speaking of service changes, the October 28 service changes will include major changes to routes 38 and 68 as outlined in the MiWay Five plan as well as improved weekend service on several routes.
 

Route 37/38/68

Route 38 will be revised to no longer serve Britannia, Silken Laumann or Bancroft and will continue north/south along Creditview.
Route 68 will be extended to loop via Britannia, Bancroft and Silken Laumann replacing route 38 service in the area.

Route 37 will remain as is with no changes.

Route 38 frequency:

Weekday: 22-24 minutes peak (unchanged), 28-30 minutes midday (from 36 minutes), every 36 minutes evening (from 45 minutes)
Saturday: 22-24 minutes all day (unchanged)
Sunday: 36 minutes all day (from 40 minutes)
 

Route 68 frequency:

Weekday: 25 minutes peak, 30 minutes midday and evening. Route 68/91 will continue to interline.
Saturday: Approximately 50 minute service all day with frequency varying depending on trip times. No longer interlining with route 8.
NEW Sunday service with approximately 50 minute frequency. Span of service 855a to 512p, first trip from CCT at 855a, last trip 424p.

[snip]

With the revised 38 CREDITVIEW, will the 38A be streamlined as well?  There's no mention of it.  It also looks like they were able to find some money to have the revised 68 TERRY FOX (? strangely they've removed the mention of this route) have Sunday service from the onset rather than adding it on later.  Which would have been a step backward since Bancroft currently sees 7-day service.

There had been earlier notices about the Information Sessions on some of the Councillors' websites.  It's now officially on MiWay's website (though it had appeared briefly, perhaps unintentionally and ahead of schedule on the MiVoice page).  More details about the Session locations have been provided.

Take our survey

We want to hear from you! Please share your thoughts on our 2020 planned service changes by completing our online survey or visiting us at one of our information sessions below. Please note, our online survey will be open for feedback between October 1, 2019 and October 31, 2019.

Information Session Details

Date

Time

Location

Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. City Centre Transit Terminal
(Inside Terminal)
Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Meadowvale Town Centre Terminal
(Platform D)
Thursday, Oct. 17. 2019 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Westwood Square Terminal
(Platform H)
Friday, Oct. 18, 2019 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Burnhamthorpe Library
(Inside Library)
Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Erin Mills Town Centre Terminal
(Platform C)

The 2020 Proposed Service Plan is now available, but it does not include changes mentioned earlier.  More details can be found either on the MiVoice Survey (after registering) or through the .pdf link.  They've changed the 2020 title from "Completing the Network" to "Integrating New Transit Hubs" .  The 2020 map (on page 7) is pretty much the same save for the revisions around Churchill Meadows.  There are a few colour changes for some of the routes.  My guess is that they're meant to distinguish/highlight changes to them, but they are applied consistently to all routes with changes.  

2020 Proposed Service Changes

Proposed Service Change and Date

Description

April 27, 2020
Enhancing the Eglinton Corridor by Eliminating Service Duplication
Route 7 Airport
Revised routing to service Northwest Drive and end at Renforth Transitway Station (previously serviced by Route 24 Northwest).

Route 24 Northwest
Cancelled and merged with Route 7 Airport. Alternate routes: revised Route 7 Airport and 107 Malton Express.

Route 34 Credit Valley
Cancelled to eliminate service duplication. Alternate route: enhanced Route 35/35A Eglinton with increased service frequency.

Route 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line / 35A Eglinton-Tenth Line
Increased service frequency.
June 29, 2020
Eliminating Service Duplication Along Route 20 Rathburn
Route 20 Rathburn
Revised routing to eliminate service duplication and improve service levels.  Alternate routes: 26 Burnhamthorpe and 76 City Centre-Subway.
September 7, 2020
Seamless Connections with the New Kipling Station (Toronto)
Routes relocated from Islington Station to the new Kipling Station:
  • 1 Dundas / 1C Dundas-Collegeway
  • 3 Bloor
  • 11 Westwood
  • 26 Burnhamthorpe
  • 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line / 35A Eglinton-Tenth Line
  • 70 Keaton
  • 71 Sheridan-Subway
  • 76 City Centre-Subway
  • 101/101A Dundas Express
  • 108 Meadowvale Business Express
  • 109 Meadowvale Express
October 26, 2020
Lisgar and Meadowvale Area Routing Changes and Integrating the New Churchill Meadows Community Centre and Park
Revised routes to service the new Churchill Meadows Community Centre on Ninth Line:
  • 9 Rathburn-Thomas
  • 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line
  • 39 Britannia
Route 35A Eglinton-Tenth Line
Route 35A Eglinton-Tenth Line will be merged with Route 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line to eliminate variants.

Route 49 McDowell
Revised routing to eliminate service duplication and expand service to Peacock Drive and Vista Boulevard.

Route 50 Lisgar-Churchill Meadows (NEW)
New route travelling between Meadowvale Town Centre and the Winston Churchill Transitway Station, replacing Route 39 along Lisgar Drive and Route 9 on Churchill Meadows Boulevard.

Route 90 Terragar-Copenhagen Loop
Cancelled as part of the new introduction of Route 50.

The biggest input they are searching for appears to be what to do with the eastern end of the 20 RATHBURN.  The two options presented include either continuing east along Rathburn and terminating at the Etobicoke Creek or running up Mill Rd. to the TTC's loop at Rathburn Rd.  If they were adamant about connecting to the Transitway, they could continue up Centennial Park Rd. to either Orbitor or Renforth stations.  If the residents on Mill Rd. begin to complain, they could go back to the TTC loop for the 50 BURNHAMTHORPE which was the case in the 80s.

Here's the original 2020 "Completing the Network" list of proposed changes with the ones without an implementation date italicized:

Year Five - 2020 - Completing the Network

Route

Change

1/1A Dundas Revised Routing
5 Dixie  Revised Routing
7 Airport  Revised Routing to Integrate with the Mississauga Transitway
8 Cawthra Improved Service Frequency and Revised Routing to Integrate with the Mississauga Transitway
13 Glen Erin Revised Routing
14 Lorne Park - Mineola Revised Routing and Improved Service Frequency
20 Rathburn Improved Service Frequency and Revised Routing to Integrate with the Mississauga Transitway
24 Northwest Cancelled - Replaced by New/Existing Service
34 Credit Valley Cancelled - Replaced by New/Existing Service
35 Eglinton Revised Routing to Integrate with the Mississauga Transitway
39 Britannia-Matheson Revised Routing
49 McDowell-Streetsville GO Revised Routing
50/50A Lisgar-Churchill Meadows New Local Route to Integrate with the Mississauga Transitway
51/51A Tomken Improved Service Frequency and Revised Routing
90 Terragar-Copenhagen Loop Cancelled - Replaced by New/Existing Service
185 Dixie Revised Routing, Improved Service Frequency and New Saturday Service

I'll wait until the 2020 Plan is implemented before doing a comparison with the original plan to see how it has evolved over the 5-year period.  I'm also curious as to what else they have planned for the next 5-year period.  No doubt it will involve route and network restructuring to incorporate the Hurontario LRT.  But what else do they have in mind beyond that?  The only other project I can think of is the corridor improvements along Lakeshore.

2500

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, soo8513 said:

Still not happy that half of 90 is axed to an area that has little pedestrian access to other routes. Very long walk for many to access 38 or 42. Might have thought planners would try to get 50 to cover part of the loss.

 

That's what the public consultations are for.  There are a few proposals over the last four years that have been changed due to public feedback.  It could also be a case of use it or lose it.  Low ridership routes or segments get cut unless there's a backlash.  I'm wondering about the loss of the 34 CREDIT VALLEY for both the Kingsbridge Garden residents and direct hospital access.  If they are trying to minimize duplication they could look at a long-term proposal from the 90s which would have seen service along Huntington Ridge and White Clover.  You'd only have duplicate service between Credit Valley and White Clover.

There is a group rallying for an LRT stop at Kingsbridge Garden/Elia.  The vacant land on the east side of that intersection is screaming for intensified development and it'll be a bit of a hike to the stop at Eglinton.  I don't know if the initial reluctance to put a stop there stemmed from the earlier iteration of the LRT approach to City Centre which involved crossing the 403 on a separate bridge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gil said:

That's what the public consultations are for.  There are a few proposals over the last four years that have been changed due to public feedback.  It could also be a case of use it or lose it.  Low ridership routes or segments get cut unless there's a backlash.  I'm wondering about the loss of the 34 CREDIT VALLEY for both the Kingsbridge Garden residents and direct hospital access.  If they are trying to minimize duplication they could look at a long-term proposal from the 90s which would have seen service along Huntington Ridge and White Clover.  You'd only have duplicate service between Credit Valley and White Clover.

There is a group rallying for an LRT stop at Kingsbridge Garden/Elia.  The vacant land on the east side of that intersection is screaming for intensified development and it'll be a bit of a hike to the stop at Eglinton.  I don't know if the initial reluctance to put a stop there stemmed from the earlier iteration of the LRT approach to City Centre which involved crossing the 403 on a separate bridge.

The LRT bridge over the 403 has no impact on a Kingsbridge stop. The business case of a stop there is superior than anything ML has come up with to date. ML opposed a stop there due to cost and speed. Even if the LRT is elevated over the southbound lanes of Hurontario, there is room for a ramp to grade well before the intersection. MTO wants the LRT to go south of the on ramp to the 403.

The 34 is a mix bag and goes against the Grid idea. The service along Kingsbridge will still be there, but with poor headway by ?. With no buses servicing Credit Valley will be like other systems who are doing a Grid system. GRT, TTC never took buses off route to service the hospital next to the routes that come to mind at this time.

It been 15 years or so when I first proposed a route along Huntington Ridge/ White Clover/Kingsbridge/Elia as an east/west route only very 30 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, drum118 said:

The 34 is a mix bag and goes against the Grid idea. The service along Kingsbridge will still be there, but with poor headway by ?. With no buses servicing Credit Valley will be like other systems who are doing a Grid system. GRT, TTC never took buses off route to service the hospital next to the routes that come to mind at this time.

It been 15 years or so when I first proposed a route along Huntington Ridge/ White Clover/Kingsbridge/Elia as an east/west route only very 30 minutes.

Reduce the headway along a route using residential streets like Huntington Ridge/White Clover/Kingsbridge Garden.  It's close enough to Eglinton to be used as supplemental service.  The route was originally proposed in the 1990s (based on the printing technique used in the report I stumbled upon at the old Metro Hall reference library).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Gil

The 38A will no longer serve Bancroft as well but the weekend variant serving Argentia is maintained.

Credit Valley Hospital has direct access from both Eglinton and Erin Mills with signalized intersections on both for access to/from the 35, 46, and 48. There's no need to provide service into the hospital and I will point out that people have been taking the 19 or 103 to Queensway, and walking to Trillium Hospital or the various medical buildings for years.

There have been quite a few transit service plans in Mississauga over the years with lots of proposals that were never implemented and the MiWay Five looks like another one of those sadly. Looking at the Toronto Reference Library catologue and they list a Mississauga service plan from 1989, perhaps that's the one you were thinking of? There was also a full service plan done in 1994 but unfortunately it doesn't look like a copy of that exists anywhere. Most interesting were the proposed October 1986 service changes, which had several major changes aas part of a move to a grid system but the vast majority were never implemented, likely due to public opinion.

As for Kingsbridge Garden and Copenhagen losing service, I agree that in these areas some riders will face more than a 400m walk (the standard that seems to be used). On Kingsbridge Garden it isn't that bad as most of the riders in that area will still be within ~400m to one of Hurontario, McLaughlin, or Eglinton which all have pretty frequent service. On Copenhagen it's tougher because of the road layout and since the east end of the 90 has always been very quiet off peak perhaps a solution is to keep the 90 but running peak only Meadowvale TC - Glen Erin - Copenhagen and into Meadowvale GO. Would at least provide rush hour service to the area and let the new route 50 handle the higher ridership section to the west.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

@Gil

The 38A will no longer serve Bancroft as well but the weekend variant serving Argentia is maintained.

Credit Valley Hospital has direct access from both Eglinton and Erin Mills with signalized intersections on both for access to/from the 35, 46, and 48. There's no need to provide service into the hospital and I will point out that people have been taking the 19 or 103 to Queensway, and walking to Trillium Hospital or the various medical buildings for years.

There have been quite a few transit service plans in Mississauga over the years with lots of proposals that were never implemented and the MiWay Five looks like another one of those sadly. Looking at the Toronto Reference Library catologue and they list a Mississauga service plan from 1989, perhaps that's the one you were thinking of? There was also a full service plan done in 1994 but unfortunately it doesn't look like a copy of that exists anywhere. Most interesting were the proposed October 1986 service changes, which had several major changes aas part of a move to a grid system but the vast majority were never implemented, likely due to public opinion.

As for Kingsbridge Garden and Copenhagen losing service, I agree that in these areas some riders will face more than a 400m walk (the standard that seems to be used). On Kingsbridge Garden it isn't that bad as most of the riders in that area will still be within ~400m to one of Hurontario, McLaughlin, or Eglinton which all have pretty frequent service. On Copenhagen it's tougher because of the road layout and since the east end of the 90 has always been very quiet off peak perhaps a solution is to keep the 90 but running peak only Meadowvale TC - Glen Erin - Copenhagen and into Meadowvale GO. Would at least provide rush hour service to the area and let the new route 50 handle the higher ridership section to the west.

 

 

Obviously the architects of this grid system (a) have no physical limitations and (b) are so obsessed with their grandiose grid plan that persons with physical challlenges are completely ignored!     Comments in the above paragraphs trivialize the challlenges faced by low income people.  Pushing a walker 400 metres is no problem to the younger healthy transit planners.  Why can't the Eglinton route 35 divert to Credit Valley?  As drum 118 suggests, keep route 34 and run it along Huntington Ridge and White Clover?  Like all transit plans, what goes around, comes around again eventually but inconvenience caused to seniors and physically challenged is summarily dismissed because of the 5 year grid plan!   Route 19ABC or whatever that ran to Trillium was a thoughtful decision.    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have any logical place in the minds of the six figure suits who run MT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every detour that a route must make that doesn't serve a critical mass of passengers - it may be a majority, it may be a strong minority - is made to the detriment of the route of a whole and is likely to turn off some potential riders.

 

I'll admit that I don't know the specifics of the 35 - ridership, flow patterns, pinch points, etc. - but you may want to consider that the "six figure suits who run MT" may have those numbers at hand, and have figured that the potential ridership gain from detouring the route would be more than offset by the loss of ridership by having to make a longer trip.


Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 things I told them (I writing) before I retired was that when construction was finished at Credit Valley was to NOT put the 34 back in there as it was scheduled to be cancelled and that everybody was now used to walking out to Eglinton to catch either 34 or 35 and that if they did go back in, there would be a lot of complaints.

Second was to not reroute the 20 up to Tahoe.  They advertise that it is duplicating the 26 & 76 but there is no connection to them so that statement was absurd.  I suggested they keep the 20 going to Burnhamthorpe and finding a place to turn it around there.  They could use TTC loop at Mill rd but not to layover there, create a new loop at either of the parks/parking lots on Burnhamthorpe or to turn around somewhere on Fieldgate.  Many Rathburn riders want Loblaws, subway and many stops along the way that cannot be serviced from Tahoe and the 109.  

But you all know that the suits do not listen to the public or Operators.  Glad I'm gone now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi All 

i had interview on September 18th 2019 for miway transit operator 

 

Still waiting for response from them . how long they take to respond after interview  call ?? 

 

Seniors if you can advice that will be appreciated 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The October 28 Service Changes and new system maps have been released:

Service Change Icon

Service Changes

Effective: Oct. 28, 2019

The MiWay Five Transit Service Plan (2016-2020) is moving Mississauga's transit system from a design that radiates from the city centre to a grid network that allows for more frequent and direct service along main corridors.

MiWay Five

Planned service changes based on customer feedback are scheduled to occur every 6 to 8 weeks throughout the year. Below are schedule and routing changes that will take effect on October 28, 2019.

1 Dundas

Revised weekday and weekend schedules on eastbound and westbound routes.

3 Bloor

Revised weekday schedules on eastbound and westbound routes.

6 Credit Woodlands

Stop 1106: Eastbound departure times from Dundas/Erindale Station Road changed from 9:35 to 9:36 a.m. and 9:50 a.m. to 9:51 a.m.

7 Airport

Revised transitway access routing at Renforth Station.

8 Cawthra

Revised Saturday schedule on northbound and southbound routes. Saturday service frequency improved from 60 minutes to 45 minutes.

13 Glen Erin

Revised weekend schedules on northbound and southbound routes. Saturday service frequency improved from 33 minutes to 26 minutes between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.

14 Lorne Park

Revised weekday schedules on eastbound and westbound routes.

19 Hurontario

Stop 2182: Southbound departure time from Hurontario and the 407 Park and Ride will be changed from 6:43 a.m. to 6:46 a.m., arriving at Port Credit GO at 7:45 a.m.
Stop 1980: Northbound trip from Hurontario Street/Matheson Boulevard at 7:05 a.m. has been cancelled.

30 Rexdale

Revised weekday schedules on eastbound and westbound routes to improve GO Train connections.

35 Eglinton

Revised weekday schedules on eastbound and westbound routes between 6:30 p.m. and 7:39 p.m.

38 Creditview/ 38A Creditview-Argentia

Service will be streamlined on Creditview Road with revised routing and will no longer service the Bancroft Loop (Britannia Road, Silken Laumann Way and Bancroft Drive). Use alternate route: revised Route 68 Terry Fox.
  • Weekday
    Revised schedules with more frequent off-peak service on northbound and southbound routes.
  • Weekend
    Revised schedules with more frequent service to Argentia employment areas on northbound and southbound routes.

39 Britannia

Revised transitway access routing at Renforth Station.
Revised weekend schedules on eastbound and westbound routes. Saturday service frequency improved from 33 minutes to 27 minutes between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Stop 2127: New 6:43 a.m. Saturday eastbound trip scheduled from Meadowvale Town Centre.

42 Derry

Revised weekend schedules on eastbound and westbound routes.
Stop 0919: New 1:25 a.m. eastbound trip scheduled from Meadowvale Town Centre.

45A Winston Churchill-Speakman

Revised weekday schedules on northbound and southbound routes.
Stop 0812: Southbound departure time from Meadowvale Town Centre changed from 3:04 to 3:06 to improve a train connection at Clarkson GO.

53 Kennedy

Stop 1208: New weekday northbound trip from Hurontario Street and Central Parkway at 7:31 a.m.
Stop 1208: Northbound departure time from Hurontario Street and Central Parkway changed from 7:32 a.m. to 7:36 a.m.
Stop 2182: Southbound departure time from Hurontario Street and the 407 Park and Ride changed from 6:54 a.m. to 6:56 a.m.

57 Courtneypark

Revised weekday schedules on eastbound and westbound routes.

66 McLaughlin

Stop 6624: New weekday southbound trip departing the Sheridan College Davis Campus at 4:59 a.m.
Revised Sunday schedules on northbound and southbound routes between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Stop 0364: New Sunday northbound trips departing City Centre Transit Terminal at 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

68 Windsor Hill renamed to 68 Terry Fox

Revised routing to service the Bancroft Loop (Britannia Road, Silken Laumann Way and Bancroft Drive). This route will no longer service Windsor Hill Boulevard, Lismic Boulevard and Bristol Road. Use alternate Route 10 Bristol-Britannia.

Revised weekday schedules on northbound and southbound routes. Improved off-peak weekday service frequency.
New Sunday service added between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.

91 Hillcrest-Cooksville GO

Revised weekday schedules on northbound and southbound routes to improve GO Train connections.

100 Airport Express

Revised weekday schedules on eastbound and westbound routes to minimize express route conflicts at the City Centre Terminal.

101 Dundas Express

Revised weekday schedules on eastbound and westbound routes.
Saturday service frequency improved from 20 minutes to 15 minutes between 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
New Sunday service between 9:40 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. with a 20 minute service frequency.

107 Malton Express

Revised weekday schedules on northbound and southbound routes to minimize express route conflicts at the City Centre Terminal.

109 Meadowvale Express

Revised weekday schedules on northbound and southbound routes to minimize express route conflicts at the City Centre Terminal.
Revised weekend schedules northbound and southbound routes with improved service frequency between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.:
  • Saturday: 15 minutes (from 23)
  • Sunday: 17 minutes (from 23)

110 University Express

Revised weekday schedules on northbound and southbound routes to minimize express route conflicts at the City Centre Terminal.

315 Rick Hansen-City Centre

Stop 0766: New northbound trip from the City Centre Transit Terminal departing at 7:58 a.m. for the school start time of 8:30 a.m.

 

Given how they've named these files I don't know if the links will work once the new maps have come into effect: Weekday System Map / Saturday System Map / Sunday System Map (No changes to the Express Map from September)

I'm not entirely sure what the change in routing for the 39 BRITANNIA at Renforth Station entails.  The current route map doesn't indicate the approach to Renforth, while the future one indicates what I believe is the existing approach to Renforth.  Guess I was right about the renaming of the 68 WINDSOR HILL to TERRY FOX.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally had an excuse to ride a bus out of Islington through the reconfigured Six Points interchange.  Bloor is now open it seems from Auckland through to Dundas, but the buses are still running as if it weren't.  There's no mention of a change in routing with the October 28 Service Change, but would they resume serving Aukland on the 20 RATHBURN and 26 BURNHAMTHORPE or even just continue through along Bloor to Kipling? Once it's safe to put a stop at that intersection it would slightly cut down on the walk to catch either route from Kipling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2019 at 7:25 PM, Gil said:

Finally had an excuse to ride a bus out of Islington through the reconfigured Six Points interchange.  Bloor is now open it seems from Auckland through to Dundas, but the buses are still running as if it weren't.  There's no mention of a change in routing with the October 28 Service Change, but would they resume serving Aukland on the 20 RATHBURN and 26 BURNHAMTHORPE or even just continue through along Bloor to Kipling? Once it's safe to put a stop at that intersection it would slightly cut down on the walk to catch either route from Kipling.

Saw 20 & 26 use the new Bloor today.

Wouldn't be surprise if 20 & 26 stay as is, since they will be moving to new routing once the new terminal opens in the next 6-9 months anyway. 20 will be not be part of the picture when the new terminal opens and still say it should terminate at TTC mills Loop. It will be a pain in the ass for riders to have to change buses, but it will be the same thing if it terminates at the Transit Way. Not everyone is going to/from the subway in the first place.

Again, changes to the Dundas/Kipling are taking place on the fly with no warning or being delay.  This is an early opening surprise to all and a first.

Kipling itself should be fully open in 30 days, but not all sidewalks.

That left turn off Bloor from the subway to Dundas is a bitch now that Bloor is open. Unless that left turn gets advance green, going to take a few light before you can turn compare to the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No meat on the bone for the next 5 year plan. Changes for 2020 may not happen for route 8 and 20 as plan.

Still recommend 20 either use TTC Mills loop or leave it as is, as all other routes fail. Strong backlash for any change to 20.

I call for max 7/24/365 15 minute max headway for all trunk lines and less at peak time. 109 needs 60' buses most the time if current headway remain as is.

Need a few more 24 hr routes to increase ridership.

New hybrid-electric buses

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpix.upaknee.com%2Fedit
We’re introducing 10 next-generation hybrid-electric buses that are convertible to full battery power.

These hybrid-electric buses:
  • Have lower greenhouse gas emissions
  • Provide up to 25 per cent fuel savings
  • Include ‚Äėplug and play‚Äô components, helping to simplify the maintenance process
One of these new buses will be on display at the City’s Climate Change Action Plan outreach event at Celebration Square on Wednesday, Oct. 16 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...