3 hours ago, soo8513 said:

Transit55 shows a few 0721-class at Malton.

0725, 0726 are at malton, the rest of the 07's are at central.

Anyone heard/seen what going to happen to route 20, 26 now that the Bloor/Kipling intersection will be close until Dec starting next week?

Will not know until tomorrow if the new Bloor Extension will open next week, when the the traffic is shifted to the new northbound Kipling road. If it is to open, 20 and 26 will bypass Auckland.

GO riders that get on 20 & 26 will either have to pay a TTC fare to Islington or take 76 to make connection with 20/26.

No idea how long Islington was close yesterday due to Broken Water Line. miWay Riders were being pickup out on the street.

Aug 25

Unless something else is plan for the 26 for Bloor/Kipling closure, routes 20 & 26 will remain on route as it not finish. The new Kipling road is not all pour along with curbs and drain an east side sidewalk. The new Bloor extension is missing drains.

Once the work is finish, it has to be pave.

No idea if they will put the new Bloor Extension into service when they do close the current intersection to raise the roads to match the east side.

Its possible 20 & 26 will turn off Dundas to go north on Kipling, but a lot easier doing that off the Bloor Extension. Riders who get on these bus routes will have to use 76 and then transfer to their route in Mississauga.

The closure of the Bloor/Kipling intersection will have impact on route 3 both direction.

Most the steel is up for the new Kipling Hub and be enclosed by year end. The first section of the tunnel from the hub to TTC tunnel is having its roof form, but the whole thing will not be done until 2020. The high noise wall at the west end is haft built and the residences I spoke to for the condo said the wall not going to help the noises from the buses using the hub. Maybe miWay and Go will adopt the shutting off the engines if idling more than 3 minutes that other system do or when they stop. Seen it first hand for shutting the engine off once stop at a bay or a layover.

I guess that's why no detour notice are up or on line with the delay closure.

Mark your calendar: August 30 - September 2 

The new Alstom Light Rail Vehicle (LRV) mock-up is coming to Mississauga over Labour Day weekend!

Tour the mock-up vehicle at Square One Shopping Centre, Entrance 7, near both the MiWay and GO Bus Terminals from Friday, August 30th to Monday, September 2nd. Transit fans, commuters and back-to-school shoppers in the Peel region will have the opportunity to tour the vehicle for the first time and take photos of themselves with it. 

Alstom LRVs will connect the cities of Mississauga and Brampton via the Hurontario LRT line in the near future. Just down the street from the mock-up site, the Hurontario LRT’s City Centre stop will connect future transit riders to the MiWay and GO Bus Terminals, to create even more connections in the Peel region. 

Visit https://www.facebook.com/events/2935409779864079/ for more event details. 

Please share widely with your colleagues/friends/members. 

• Like 1

1. That the report entitled “MiWay 2020 Bus Procurement” dated August 22, 2019 from the Commissioner of Transportation and Works be received.

2. That General Committee authorize the purchase of eleven (11) 60-ft express growth buses with 2nd Generation Hybrid-Electric technology by competitive tender in 2019 for delivery in 2020 and pre-approval of $13,200,000 in the 2020 Capital Budget in advance of the 2020-2023 Budget and Business Plan.

3. That the remaining 2020 bus purchases will be deferred to 2021 to pursue funding via the Investing in Canada Infrastructure (ICIP) program.

2 hours ago, drum118 said:

1. That the report entitled “MiWay 2020 Bus Procurement” dated August 22, 2019 from the Commissioner of Transportation and Works be received.

2. That General Committee authorize the purchase of eleven (11) 60-ft express growth buses with 2nd Generation Hybrid-Electric technology by competitive tender in 2019 for delivery in 2020 and pre-approval of $13,200,000 in the 2020 Capital Budget in advance of the 2020-2023 Budget and Business Plan.

3. That the remaining 2020 bus purchases will be deferred to 2021 to pursue funding via the Investing in Canada Infrastructure (ICIP) program.

The full report from what drum118 copied and pasted from can be viewed on page 10 of the September 4 general committee agenda https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/committees/general/2019/2019_09_04_GC_Agenda.pdf

I've summarized the key points here from the report and other sources:

-The 10 Nova LFS hybrids were delivered in August which will be direct replacement for 10 2003 D40LF buses. There will be 24 2003 D40LFs left in service by year end.

-A tender will soon go out for 11 60' hybrid MiExpress buses. There is a high need for additional capacity on express routes and funding has been reallocated. These buses will be expansion buses and will allow for evaluation of the BAE Hybridrive in a 60' bus.

-All future bus procurement is planned to be hybrid buses using BAE's HybriDrive system. MiWay is under pressure to reduce greenhouse gas emissions with the city's "climate change action plan" and the newer hybrid technology is viewed as a bridge to fully electric buses.

-The MiWay fleet plan has been revised and there will be a multi-year procurement in 2020 for buses to be delivered in 2021-2023. The procurement will consist of 251 buses which is broken down into 196 40' local buses, 30 60' local buses, and 25 60' express buses. The vast majority of these buses (238) will be replacements for the existing fleet, with a small amount of 40' buses being replaced by 60' buses. As mentioned, all of these buses are proposed to be hybrids.

With the revised fleet plan and the city's budgeting the fleet replacement will likely work out like this:
2021: Replace 2003 and 2005 D40LF buses, replace 2008 D60LFR buses
2022: Replace 2006 and 2007 D40LFR buses, replace  2010 D60LFR buses
2023: Replace 2008 D40LFR buses

The city is hoping to take advantage of the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program funding and this has resulted in both the 2003 D40LFs and 2008 D60LFRs being deferred to 2021 rather than the planned 2020. Going forward the aim is a 15 year lifecycle for 40' buses and a 12 year lifecycle for 60' buses.

Note: The information in this post is accurate as of the time it was written and is based on multiple sources. As with any proposed plans, things can change based on budget approval, service requirements, delivery timeframes, etc.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1907 arrived sometime today, here are some interior pics my friend took:

SmartSelect_20190906-190348_Facebook.jpg

SmartSelect_20190906-190341_Facebook.jpg

SmartSelect_20190906-190242_Facebook.jpg

SmartSelect_20190906-190308_Facebook.jpg

The middle back seat is driving me CRAZY ALREADY. I don't know why they did that????? Someone please tell me why!!!! People will complain bet!!!!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, mikenoza said:

1907 arrived sometime today, here are some interior pics my friend took:

SmartSelect_20190906-190341_Facebook.jpg

The middle back seat is driving me CRAZY ALREADY. I don't know why they did that????? Someone please tell me why!!!! People will complain bet!!!!

My guess would be to head off potential injuries from passengers being launched from that particular seat during a hard braking incident. Being directly inline with the asile, theoretically one could sail unrestrained all the way to the forward section of the bus, passing stanchions like football goalposts.

The likelihood of this actually happening however, is up to MiWay to justify themselves.

• Like 1

The LFS hybrids started to arrive 3 weeks ago and all were delivered by the end of August.

I understand that they are targeted to be in service by the end of the month, and that there are plans for a dog and pony show to show off the new hybrid buses. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Silly Tilley said:

The LFS hybrids started to arrive 3 weeks ago and all were delivered by the end of August.

I understand that they are targeted to be in service by the end of the month, and that there are plans for a dog and pony show to show off the new hybrid buses. 

LFS hybrids are really nice to drive. 👍

2 hours ago, Someguy3071 said:

LFS hybrids are really nice to drive. 👍

I’m surprised the constant sensitive edge alarms haven’t driven you insane yet. Eight months in and Prévost is still trying to adjust them.

2 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

I’m surprised the constant sensitive edge alarms haven’t driven you insane yet. Eight months in and Prévost is still trying to adjust them.

They're much better now but once in a while I still get a bus that has them go off constantly. What I find more annoying is the front doors rattling like crazy on some buses. 

Pass 0811 going north on 410 at Queen St with no one on board, other than the driver. It got on at Derry Rd. No idea where it would be going.

billy bishop airport was using ex-miway 0877 as a shuttle for an event.

im not sure who owns it, if its owned by the airport or if it was just chartered from another company for the event.

Screenshot_20190922-000057_Instagram.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

im not sure who owns it, if its owned by the airport or if it was just chartered from another company for the event.

It looks just like a Cornwall Transit bus 🤣

On 9/22/2019 at 12:04 AM, H4 5600 said:

More than likely a charter bus, perhaps owned by TOK? I wouldn't see why the airport would need to own a 60 foot bus for their shuttles to Union. 

• Like 2

Orion VII BRT 1209 which had a HVAC fire last December has had repairs completed by MTB and should re enter service shortly.

MiWay will be hosting information sessions for their proposed 2020 service changes between October 15-19. The proposed service changes should be posted to the website shortly.

October 15: City Centre Terminal 7am-7pm

October 16 Meadowvale Town Centre 2pm-7pm

October 17 Westwood Square 2pm-7pm

October 18 Burnhamthorpe Library 2pm-7pm

October 19 Erin Mills Town Centre 10am-6pm

Speaking of service changes, the October 28 service changes will include major changes to routes 38 and 68 as outlined in the MiWay Five plan as well as improved weekend service on several routes.

Route 37/38/68

Route 38 will be revised to no longer serve Britannia, Silken Laumann or Bancroft and will continue north/south along Creditview.
Route 68 will be extended to loop via Britannia, Bancroft and Silken Laumann replacing route 38 service in the area.

Route 37 will remain as is with no changes.

Route 38 frequency:

Weekday: 22-24 minutes peak (unchanged), 28-30 minutes midday (from 36 minutes), every 36 minutes evening (from 45 minutes)
Saturday: 22-24 minutes all day (unchanged)
Sunday: 36 minutes all day (from 40 minutes)

Route 68 frequency:

Weekday: 25 minutes peak, 30 minutes midday and evening. Route 68/91 will continue to interline.
Saturday: Approximately 50 minute service all day with frequency varying depending on trip times. No longer interlining with route 8.
NEW Sunday service with approximately 50 minute frequency. Span of service 855a to 512p, first trip from CCT at 855a, last trip 424p.

Weekend service changes:

8 Cawthra

Saturday frequency increased to 45 minutes (from 60 minutes) due to no longer interlining with route 68.

13 Glen Erin 

Saturday midday frequency increased to 27 minutes (from 33 minutes)

39 Britannia

Saturday midday frequency increased to 27 minutes (from 33 minutes)

101 Dundas Express:

Saturday midday frequency increased to 15-16 minutes (from 20 minutes) between 11:00am-7:00pm from South Common and 12:13pm-8:00pm from Islington. Service outside these hours will remain at 20 minutes frequency.

NEW Sunday service every 20 minutes from 9:40am-7:16pm. First eastbound trip from South Common 9:40am, last westbound trip from Islington at 6:30pm.
With these improvements route 1 will use 40' buses on weekends.

109 Meadowvale Express:
Saturday midday frequency increased to 15 minutes (from 23 minutes) between 9:30am-5:00pm from Meadowvale and 10:22am-6:08pm from Islington. Service outside these hours will remain at 23 minutes frequency.

Sunday midday frequency increased to 17 minutes (from 23 minutes) between 9:15am-4:35pm from Meadowvale and 10:05am-5:29pm from Islington. Service outside these hours will remain at 23 minutes frequency.

• Thanks 3