47 minutes ago, mikenoza said:

Yes, I heard they will look very similar to the TTC. Just with the typical MiWay double headlights and full rear side window.

What about the battery pack on the roof though?

Will it be full or partial?

On 6/22/2019 at 8:33 PM, Tramguy said:

Saturday evening 0307 on Route 3 looking like it just left the paint shop!

Rode 0307 from Meadowvale to Renforth Station this morning - in super great shape.

7 minutes ago, AmanKh said:

I rode on 1204 a couple days ago and it sounded like it had a ZF tranny in it. Can anyone confirm?

All 12s are Voith 4spds. The only VIIs we have in ZF are the first 19 units from 2010. Those are 6spds. 

3 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

All 12s are Voith 4spds. The only VIIs we have in ZF are the first 19 units from 2010. Those are 6spds. 

1020 has Voith. 

I've always felt that 1020 sounded very different from the 1200s. Are there any major differences between them? Most major specs appear to be the same.

9 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

1020 has Voith. 

...hence why I said “first 19”. 

7 hours ago, TransitfanJW said:

I've always felt that 1020 sounded very different from the 1200s. Are there any major differences between them? Most major specs appear to be the same.

No difference aside from transmission.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mikenoza said:

Anyone have an update on the 19xx series buses?

See them in Sept-Oct-Nov

3 hours ago, Doppelkupplung said:

....also just saw a 40’ Nova on the Gardiner EB at Jameson?

edit- it’s now by distillery.

31AAC726-7DC8-48FB-82B1-9BE14C749FCC.jpeg

Must have been for a charter or event. 

15 hours ago, mikenoza said:

Anyone have an update on the 19xx series buses?

im hyped for these buses to arrive and go into service after riding them on ttc but miway drivers must be trained before it enters service

20190722_160323.jpg

• Like 1

From the TTC's website:

Starting July 29, PRESTO card customers can pay their MiWay fare using a PRESTO card on all TTC buses that travel to and from Mississauga. Simply tap your card and your fare will be deducted. When you arrive in Toronto, tap your card when you exit and your TTC fare will be deducted.

Still no update on the August Service Changes, guess they'll release those next week. The Summer School routes wrap up along with the simplification of the 19 HURONTARIO. Curious if there are any other collateral changes? I think I've asked already,    but how long will the overnight routes be piloted for?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gil said:

Still no update on the August Service Changes, guess they'll release those next week. The Summer School routes wrap up along with the simplification of the 19 HURONTARIO. Curious if there are any other collateral changes? I think I've asked already,    but how long will the overnight routes be piloted for?

Apart from summer school service wrapping up there are no service changes in August. 

When the overnight service launched there was no mention of any pilot period. Given that it is both favourable from a crewing perspective and an overnight storage perspective, I'd be surprised to see it withdrawn anytime soon. 

I'm curious about something.
I've noticed over the last few times in looking over Transee that there are a few LFSAs that are up in Malton Garage doing runs on the 5-Dixie. Recent transfer? I hadn't been tracking miWay on Transee as often.
Are there any other notable fleet transfers as of late?

2 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

I'm curious about something.
I've noticed over the last few times in looking over Transee that there are a few LFSAs that are up in Malton Garage doing runs on the 5-Dixie. Recent transfer? I hadn't been tracking miWay on Transee as often.
Are there any other notable fleet transfers as of late?

Probably just temporary moves from Central while Malton artics undergo work.