MiWay

Orion VIII

MiWay will be shutting down their ticket booth at Islington Station on March 4.  They're directing people to use the self-serve machines at the station.  Question: can those ones be programmed to load MiWay passes onto your PRESTO card?  I know you can load TTC passes on them.

BroadcastBanner_IslingtonBoothClosure_2019_600x355-780x175.png

As of March 4, 2019, the MiWay Fares Booth at Islington Subway Station will be closed. PRESTO Service Locations – where you can buy a PRESTO card or load funds – are available across the Greater Toronto Area, including 29 Shoppers Drug Mart locations across Mississauga.

Find a location near you!

You can also load funds onto your PRESTO card:

• Using the Fare Vending Machine or Self-Serve Reload Machine at Islington Subway Station
  • Online at prestocard.ca
  • By calling PRESTO (1-877-378-6123)

On 2/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, Gil said:

MiWay will be shutting down their ticket booth at Islington Station on March 4.  They're directing people to use the self-serve machines at the station.  Question: can those ones be programmed to load MiWay passes onto your PRESTO card?  I know you can load TTC passes on them.

There's no prompt for MiWay passes, so no.

Every time I've been able to catch the 7:45pm  39 BRITANNIA from Renforth Station this week it never appears on MiWay's site in Real Time and appears on Transit55 as a "ghost bus" (see attached). The stop announcements are never made, so I assume they're all tied to the GPS on the bus.

Each bus I've caught on this trip this week has been one of the 2006s. Have they had their units pre-emptively removed since they're nearing retirement?

IMG_20190208_195857.png

i know this is off topic but it seems to be an active group 

i have applied to miway back in september filled out everything and when i log in its telling me they would like to know more about me but i've already filled everything out submitted my resume cover letter drivers abstract school info and all sections of their questionnaire is there someone i could talk to so that my profile isn't over looked? also when are their training classes resuming any help would be greatly appreciated 

36 minutes ago, millersteve552 said:

i know this is off topic but it seems to be an active group 

i have applied to miway back in september filled out everything and when i log in its telling me they would like to know more about me but i've already filled everything out submitted my resume cover letter drivers abstract school info and all sections of their questionnaire is there someone i could talk to so that my profile isn't over looked? also when are their training classes resuming any help would be greatly appreciated 

19 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

That bus bay sure is unlucky... With the fire and this!

There's no notice on the Alerts page (or even on their Twitter feed) that the Dundas corridor routes were picking up elsewhere if that was the case during the cleanup.

There was this notice (probably similar to what the TTC does in similar weather):

General Message

Due to extreme weather conditions, please expect delays. If you need assistance please contact Miway Customer Service at 905-615-4636. For real time information please go to www.miway.ca/planatrip. Please note all express buses will service all local stops after 1pm until end of service.