15 minutes ago, Orion V said:

I just noticed the LFSAs are only 30 units while the 08 artics retiring are 35 units. Why have they lowered the replacement artic numbers? Are they keeping 5 08 artics?

The order for the LFSA was always 30 buses. Keep in mind they were not planning to retire the 08 artics as they are now when the LFSA were ordered in late 2016, the fleet plans changed months after the Novas were ordered. It was also determined that service requirements wouldn't require that many artics either, for example at one point there was consideration of having artics on the 42 to address overcrowding but the decision was made to introduce a express route on Derry instead (the 104).

The plan is to keep around 5 08 artics for now, but for how long is anyone's guess.

I'm trying to find the exact location of the stop for 12 eastbound on Rexdale Ave. somewhere by Tidemore Ave.

In google streetview, there's obviously a TTC stop there. I don't see a Miway stop sign there. Is that where the 12 stops anyway, or somewhere else?

On 6/7/2018 at 7:09 AM, Ed T. said:

I'm trying to find the exact location of the stop for 12 eastbound on Rexdale Ave. somewhere by Tidemore Ave.

In google streetview, there's obviously a TTC stop there. I don't see a Miway stop sign there. Is that where the 12 stops anyway, or somewhere else?

The TTC stop you reference is the stop location for route 12 at Tidemore.

East of Highway 27 is Toronto and the same rules apply here as they do for buses travelling to/from Islington Subway. Route 12 will pick up and drop off at TTC stops east of Highway 27. Heading eastbound from Westwood, the bus will only do drop offs only, and heading back westbound to Westwood the bus will do pick up only. If you are also heading back westbound using route 12 I suggest you wave down the bus to stop.

16 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

The TTC stop you reference is the stop location for route 12 at Tidemore.

East of Highway 27 is Toronto and the same rules apply here as they do for buses travelling to/from Islington Subway. Route 12 will pick up and drop off at TTC stops east of Highway 27. Heading eastbound from Westwood, the bus will only do drop offs only, and heading back westbound to Westwood the bus will do pick up only. If you are also heading back westbound using route 12 I suggest you wave down the bus to stop.

Thanks for the confirmation of the stop.

In general, does MT have its own stop signs when it's (potentially) serving a TTC stop within Toronto (e.g. on Dundas St. W)? I know there are MT stop signs on Lake Shore at Forty First, but there's no TTC service there.

12 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Thanks for the confirmation of the stop.

In general, does MT have its own stop signs when it's (potentially) serving a TTC stop within Toronto (e.g. on Dundas St. W)? I know there are MT stop signs on Lake Shore at Forty First, but there's no TTC service there.

Outside of Mississauga they generally only have signs at major stops and locations where there is no corresponding agency stop. 

5 hours ago, TechnicaProductions said:

We're getting Novas lol

Says who?

16 hours ago, mikenoza said:

Anyone know what HEV buses we're getting

The order for the 10 hybrid buses will have to be put out to tender as stated in the report regarding purchasing them, once that happens we will find out who is supplying the hybrid buses. 

My test is on next Friday. Anyone has test coming sooner? 

The test include written assignment, a computer multiple choice and STRADA.

I wondering what is written assignment?

How to prepare those Multiple Choice questions?

Thanks in advance 

17 hours ago, Dennis33c said:

My test is on next Friday. Anyone has test coming sooner? 

The test include written assignment, a computer multiple choice and STRADA.

I wondering what is written assignment?

How to prepare those Multiple Choice questions?

Thanks in advance 

When did you apply? I'm curious to see what the timeline is

Driver friend on the 3 saw it happen. Happened near Bloor/Cawthra. He also didn't pay attention to the fleet number as well. It was towed away quickly in time for rush hour.

I have a feeling it was 1117, it was last seen on route 8, which passes by that area.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, transitfan100 said:

I wonder what happened to 1060 and 61?  Haven't seen those buses in action for at least 3 months

1061 was involved in a pretty bad accident back in March.

• Confused 1

(Sorry for the double post)

There was a bit of a mix-up today that I'm confused about.

Me and @Kelvin3157 took MiWay 1008 on route 185 northbound, which supposedly ended up breaking down at Dixie/Eglinton due to some sort of engine issue.

We left Dixie Station at 15:40, but it wasn't on the 15:30 or 15:45 run, because both runs already had buses on them and the latter is run by Brampton Transit.

What run was 1008 supposed to be on? 15 minutes after it supposedly broke down it was still sitting at Dixie/Eglinton, destination signs still saying 185, engine cover closed. It never showed up on the trackers, so I'm wondering if there was some sort of mix-up with the dispatchers regarding this bus.

22 minutes ago, TransitfanJW said:

(Sorry for the double post)

There was a bit of a mix-up today that I'm confused about.

Me and @Kelvin3157 took MiWay 1008 on route 185 northbound, which supposedly ended up breaking down at Dixie/Eglinton due to some sort of coolant issue.

We left Dixie Station at 15:40, but it wasn't on the 15:30 or 15:45 run, because both runs already had buses on them and the latter is run by Brampton Transit.

What run was 1008 supposed to be on? 15 minutes after it supposedly broke down it was still sitting at Dixie/Eglinton, destination signs still saying 185, engine cover closed. It never showed up on the trackers, so I'm wondering if there was some sort of mix-up with the dispatchers regarding this bus.

It was signed on the 185 from the iBus system, the PRESTO and announcement system was working. The driver ended up getting a call from control and said that the driver can no longer continue on its way (most likely from the engine problem). The Brampton run came as soon as the driver announced that he was going out of service.

It has been confirmed by a friend who was a student ambassador that we awarded Nova bus the contract for the 10 hybrids!

nice to see 10 more LFS Hybrids!

• Like 1

Driving south on Cawthra this afternoon, pass 4 #8N buses with 3 having no riders on them, but could have miss them. They were a few minutes apart. The first one was more or less the normal 8 and didn't have a clear view as to riders. The next 2 were NovaBus Artic and they were follow by a Nova 40' that had no one on it.

Tonight, pass an 39W Nova Artic and the first time seeing one on this route around 8

1 minute ago, drum118 said:

Driving south on Cawthra this afternoon, pass 4 #8N buses with 3 having no riders on them, but could have miss them. They were a few minutes apart. The first one was more or less the normal 8 and didn't have a clear view as to riders. The next 2 were NovaBus Artic and they were follow by a Nova 40' that had no one on it.

Tonight, pass an 39W Nova Artic and the first time seeing one on this route around 8

Route 8 has a number of school specials, including at least two in the afternoon that use artics (Transit 55 gives me the interlines as 14/8/70/1, 14/8/108/1, 38/8/70/1). They would likely have been pretty empty today as it is the last day of high school.

5 minutes ago, Articulated said:

Route 8 has a number of school specials, including at least two in the afternoon that use artics (Transit 55 gives me the interlines as 14/8/70/1, 14/8/108/1, 38/8/70/1). They would likely have been pretty empty today as it is the last day of high school.

I know that since it was nice from time to time to have a pick of low ridership buses going to Sq One when they hit my stop.

Even on good days, very few riders on the buses, but were all 40's.

Exam Periods at Peel high schools are usually followed by anything from 2 to 4 days off, followed by the exam review day which would be this friday. In any case, I'd have expected any heavy student loads to have dropped off a few weeks back, before exam period.