MiWay

Orion VIII

Wasn’t it posted earlier that miway has a shortage?

fibreglass mat patches take a coupe of days to do, due to resin curing time, not even including paint.

duct tape covers the hole in seconds, until it can be held to be done permanently. Give it a couple of weeks, if it’s still duct tape, THEN you can yell at the kids to get off your lawn.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

By this point, I would have hoped you knew that MiWay specializes in all things duct tape. Whiteout too.

Haven't you ever been inside one of their buses?

Never seen duct tape or whiteout before... Also it looked like that the duct tape was holding a panel in place... 

If they can't match the colour of buses, can't they at least find matching vermilion colored duct tape for the bus?

If they use whiteout to label unit numbers instead of stickers, I bet my buttons they don’t give a rats ass about what colour duct tape they use.

Go inside any artic. You’ll see duct tape holding the bulkhead panels in place at the rear by the display or above the rear seats. 

I posted this a few months ago:

C5C4A767-2108-4CD7-830C-16D4EF7CF4DC.jpeg

11 minutes ago, soo8513 said:

so all 37 40' NOVAs have been delivered. Is there indication that some will be ready for Jan 1 to replace the E-Z RidersÉ

Once the training is done, they'll be ready to go. I don't think they want to have a Nova-trained driver handing the bus over to someone who hasn't been trained on it yet, although I'm speculating here, so feel to correct. I would assume they're all licensed by now. 

5 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Once the training is done, they'll be ready to go. I don't think they want to have a Nova-trained driver handing the bus over to someone who hasn't been trained on it yet, although I'm speculating here, so feel to correct. I would assume they're all licensed by now. 

Will the LFS Artics require additional training from the LFS?

1 hour ago, FlyerLFR said:

Will the LFS Artics require additional training from the LFS?

Of course. Not only is it a new model to the fleet as a 40 footer, but the entire layout of the bus is different. The driving position is completely different than any NFs 1997 onward. They sit much lower, well ahead of the front axle compared to any NF, the driver's area is much larger, the gauge layout is different, the placement of crucial functions is completely different from NFs (i.e. kneeling, ramp, depending on how MiWay ordered it) and labels for simple functions are different as well. Combine that with the god awful mirror placement, and the drivers will need a decent bit of training on the LFSAs, let alone the standard rigid models. 

37 minutes ago, Kit Kat said:

Training the operators is not the issue here.    Usually they need to wait for presto techs to install equipment.   trapeze needs be installed if not pre-done by nova before delivery.   Also other misc stuff needs to be done such as PDI, commercial inspections.   If there's a bog down in the maintanence dept then expect delays.

To confirm this, Presto installs are what’s caused the backlog in nova deployment at eglinton division, although it appears they’ve really made up for lost time in the last 3 or so weeks. Unless something’s changed, installs are contracted out by metrolinx to Plan group.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kit Kat said:

Training the operators is not the issue here.    Usually they need to wait for presto techs to install equipment.   trapeze needs be installed if not pre-done by nova before delivery.   Also other misc stuff needs to be done such as PDI, commercial inspections.   If there's a bog down in the maintanence dept then expect delays.

Why does it take so long to install a presto unit?

7 minutes ago, FlyerLFR said:

Why does it take so long to install a presto unit?

The installation itself doesn't take too long. If i'm catching on correctly as to what was said by @Bus_Medic earlier, the company contracted by Metrolinx has to come in and install the system, and I suppose they usually aren't on-hand all the time. Another thing to consider is, especially with a new type of model in the fleet, finding the most suitable position to place the presto units in, as well as the iBus and transfer stalk (however MT seemed to have figured it out relatively quickly). 

Things such as PDIs are done soon after arrival of the unit; however, this is also dependent as KitKat said on the existing workload from existing units at the time. Priority will go to buses already in service to get them on the road as soon as possible, rather than a bus which, especially in MTs case, is not going to be performing revenue service for some time. 

22 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

The installation itself doesn't take too long. If i'm catching on correctly as to what was said by @Bus_Medic earlier, the company contracted by Metrolinx has to come in and install the system, and I suppose they usually aren't on-hand all the time. Another thing to consider is, especially with a new type of model in the fleet, finding the most suitable position to place the presto units in, as well as the iBus and transfer stalk (however MT seemed to have figured it out relatively quickly). 

Things such as PDIs are done soon after arrival of the unit; however, this is also dependent as KitKat said on the existing workload from existing units at the time. Priority will go to buses already in service to get them on the road as soon as possible, rather than a bus which, especially in MTs case, is not going to be performing revenue service for some time. 

So the company that is in charge of the presto system cant get things on time?

1 hour ago, TransferCutter said:

I have no details other than the picture. Told this is from today and the rt1 tube at Islington. 

677447AE-7683-4D12-86F5-5CF9A5953751.jpeg

Oh that's no big deal. I have seen worse on D60LF/R (Artic Sag). But hey! Look on the bright side, the LFSAs are arriving and I won't have to hit my head on a crowded D60LFR artic joint every day after school anymore!

But seriously though, nobody should be worrying about this. :P

21 minutes ago, transitfan100 said:

I saw a hybrid on 11 westwood today via transit55, isnt cx closed until tomorrow

Malton is the garage closed on weekends, not cp, where the hybrids are based out of. Although today technically isnt a weekend, miway was on a holiday schedule, meaning malton was closed.

The hybrids rarely go out on weekends, i dont usually see them out. Heres a pic of the hybrid on 11, first time that has happened in a long time.

IMG_20171226_230917_478.jpg

• Like 2