Jump to content

MiWay


Orion VIII
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

Ideally, 1110 has another 7 years of service left, so it wouldn't make sense to retire it, especially since the damage wasn't major. The same ideology applies with 0627. 

I mentioned this in earlier posts, when this incident actually happened. I brought up the situation with 1352 when it was involved in the Islington collision. They redid the entire front end, despite the severity of the damage. 

As for LFR retirements, the last one was in September w/ the engine fire (0920), so I fail to see how its parts would be of benefit to 0627, unless I'm mistaken about the unit #. The only other LFR retirements I recall are 0879 and 0732. 0732 was a while back, and I doubt they would have used parts from 0879 a) because the rear of artics is different from the 40fts, and b ) I don't think MTB would have been happy to get 0879 minus an engine cover and some extra panels. 

So retired the entire front end of 1352. Then why did it take so long if it's just a front end? Shouldn't it take less time than bus assembly?

Also does NFI even sell front ends for artics?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FlyerLFR said:

So retired the entire front end of 1352. Then why did it take so long if it's just a front end? Shouldn't it take less time than bus assembly?

Also does NFI even sell front ends for artics?

The damage has to assessed and the parts were fabricated by MTB. It's cheaper to do that than to just build a front end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

The damage has to assessed and the parts were fabricated by MTB. It's cheaper to do that than to just build a front end.

How does MTB just build parts like that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kit Kat said:

YES!   Go look at their website.. it has a list of services provided to the customer.

So I wonder if they are capable of building a Nova or NFI bus from scratch from their own fabricated parts... (I don't mean MTB Glider)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, they could.

But that would probably land them in court if they’re not building to their own design, and fork out for all the testing needed to get said design transport Canada approved.

the TTC once mused about constructing its own buses from scratch. It wasn’t the nuts and bolts, or tooling that stopped them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MiWay has also posted that from December 18 2017 to December 22 2017 there will be a shuttle bus between Humber Collage and West Wood Mall for the winter holidays.

 

0701 was driven today. a mechanic started it up in the garage and drove it. This information bus posted by Chad King. And it also appears the all of the retired bus  at cp have been removed for the novas.

 

1766 has arrived

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2017 at 8:38 PM, Kit Kat said:

MTB also built a low floor fishbowl with antifoam undercoating.   This happened back in the early 2000s

On 12/15/2017 at 8:44 PM, TTC T6H-5307N 2252 said:

Pictures?

I think that would be a cool thing to see, actually. ^_^

In the meantime, here is the closest thing I could find to a low-floor Fishbowl:

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many more LFS' are at Mississauga now?

BTW, I would make sense that the artics would be numbered 1770-1799. Since that's the only fleet number range that would fit in the remaining 17XXs.

Also the 40ft units should be numbered 1730-1766 since that is 37 units.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of flying under the radar...

http://miwayblog.ca/2017/12/shuttle-service-for-humber-college-from-westwood-transit-terminal/

MiWay is operating a direct shuttle service between Westwood Mall Terminal and Humber College this week only. It's replacing service provided by the 107 that is cut back to Westwood during the holidays. The service should be operated using 2 buses for 12 minute peak and 1 bus for 20 minute frequency off peak frequency. The blog was the only place that this service was mentioned in and was kept out of the service changes/holiday service plans for whatever reason. I was wondering if the wiki editors could add this service to the MiWay page in perhaps the former routes section if possible. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, AmanKh said:

Speaking of flying under the radar...

http://miwayblog.ca/2017/12/shuttle-service-for-humber-college-from-westwood-transit-terminal/

MiWay is operating a direct shuttle service between Westwood Mall Terminal and Humber College this week only. It's replacing service provided by the 107 that is cut back to Westwood during the holidays. The service should be operated using 2 buses for 12 minute peak and 1 bus for 20 minute frequency off peak frequency. The blog was the only place that this service was mentioned in and was kept out of the service changes/holiday service plans for whatever reason. I was wondering if the wiki editors could add this service to the MiWay page in perhaps the former routes section if possible. 

You're saying in a way that they should edit the TTC section to include the Doors Open Shuttles as former official routes...

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And maybe even the Transitway Shuttle back from 2014...:lol:. You do have a point, but in my opinion this is a different type of "shuttle" service. It's running for a whole week as a revenue service route, not just for an event or for a single day. I just thought that if routes like the Carasauga and the Pan/Parapan-Am games shuttles are up on the page, then this could deserve a spot on the list as well. Anyways, it was just a minor suggestion, up to the editors to decide now...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, AmanKh said:

Speaking of flying under the radar...

http://miwayblog.ca/2017/12/shuttle-service-for-humber-college-from-westwood-transit-terminal/

MiWay is operating a direct shuttle service between Westwood Mall Terminal and Humber College this week only. It's replacing service provided by the 107 that is cut back to Westwood during the holidays. The service should be operated using 2 buses for 12 minute peak and 1 bus for 20 minute frequency off peak frequency. The blog was the only place that this service was mentioned in and was kept out of the service changes/holiday service plans for whatever reason. I was wondering if the wiki editors could add this service to the MiWay page in perhaps the former routes section if possible. 

Interesting, considering that they can also put a few extra buses on 22 Finch, as that route can also really use some better frequency. But then again, the shuttle is probably a more direct service as it was meant to replace the 107 service. Now, is there a route number for this route and is it trackable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On MiWay's site, it says they are Ontario's 3rd largest municipal transit service provider. Largest by what exactly?

YRT has more buses (if you include VIVA but then again MiWay includes both MiLocal and MiExpress buses) and YRT has more routes and service a much larger area.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Cityflyer said:

On MiWay's site, it says they are Ontario's 3rd largest municipal transit service provider. Largest by what exactly?

YRT has more buses (if you include VIVA but then again MiWay includes both MiLocal and MiExpress buses) and YRT has more routes and service a much larger area.

Ridership. TTC is first with 538M, OC Transpo in second with 97+M, MiWay in third with 38M. 

Technically, when the new arrivals are in service we would have more than YRT fleetwise, although I can't speak for how the retired bus to new bus deployment ratio will look like. Regardless, when the handful of artics are to have left us in 2018, we will be around 532 units, compared to YRTs 518. However, the MiWay wiki is not updated to show the correct fleet number (hint hint?), and I can't speak for YRT either. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...