MiWay

Orion VIII

3 hours ago, drum118 said:

I am hearing 2 different story how the express buses will service Skymark stops, since they will be using Commerce Blvd to get to/from the Transitway and no platforms on it until the northbound one is finish off. No southbound at all. The last I heard, the platforms on the ramp to/from the Transitway will be use for the express buses and riders with have to walk to/from them to get to/from the current Skymark stops. The other option will have the buses use Matheson to/from Explorer to/from Skymark to/from Commerce.

107/109 stops will be on Commerce at Skymark both ways.

https://www7.mississauga.ca/Documents/miway/terminalmaps/20170501_SkymarkHubMap.pdf

5 hours ago, dj.surf.lfs said:

107/109 stops will be on Commerce at Skymark both ways.

https://www7.mississauga.ca/Documents/miway/terminalmaps/20170501_SkymarkHubMap.pdf

Thanks as I never check that area last week and only look at the layover bay by the new station. I was also going by what was told to me regarding the ramp by a person in the know, but was last Dec info.

Is there pads for those stops, as there is no sidewalk on the east side of Commerce??

12 minutes ago, drum118 said:

Thanks as I never check that area last week and only look at the layover bay by the new station. I was also going by what was told to me regarding the ramp by a person in the know, but was last Dec info.

Is there pads for those stops, as there is no sidewalk on the east side of Commerce??

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Commerce+Blvd+At+Skymark+Ave/@43.6641566,-79.5934855,3a,75y,80.1h,67.02t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sGFH_q1pKtQkXSj6uRAiHxw!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo3.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DGFH_q1pKtQkXSj6uRAiHxw%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dsearch.TACTILE.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D392%26h%3D106%26yaw%3D34.67774%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x882b39b1f9ed26d7:0x7883f399a01bacb4!8m2!3d43.6642448!4d-79.593436!6m1!1e1?hl=en There appears to be, and Google Maps updated ahead for routes at this stop.

1 hour ago, Hexagonal 10 said:

Forgot about that short section of sidewalk north of Skymark, but asphalt has been added where the northbound stop are going to be with next to none for southbound. With warm weather here now, maybe asphalt will be added for the southbound stop.

When I was told about the Ramp Platform and having a look after that, I thought then it was going to be a bitch for riders to make connection with other MT routes as well TTC. Wasn't sure why not use the northbound layover bays partly built for the northbound round.

My 5N from Long Branch was 10 minutes late Sat, after 9pm to the point I miss the 3 by 2 minute and force to wait an extra 16 minutes for the next one. A few others riders from Long Branch had th same issue. Driver stop of at BK for food, drink and why late.

Taking a 19C south Sat, it sat for a few minutes before my stop and then stop at John St for a few minutes to the point the driver got off the bus and did some walking. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry and it didn't hurt me, but others could have been.

My 5N from Long Branch was 10 minutes late Sat, after 9pm to the point I miss the 3 by 2 minute and force to wait an extra 16 minutes for the next one. A few others riders from Long Branch had th same issue. Driver stop of at BK for food, drink and why late.

Taking a 19C south Sat, it sat for a few minutes before my stop and then stop at John St for a few minutes to the point the driver got off the bus and did some walking. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry and it didn't hurt me, but others could have been.

is it the bk at dixie mall the driver bought food from

is it the bk at dixie mall the driver bought food from

The only place you can get it since they are far apart in the first place and right next to the stop.

I have no issues with drivers gabbing a drink on their runs since they are fast, depending the time of day and who it is. Food is a different story as it can be long.

The only place you can get it since they are far apart in the first place and right next to the stop.

I have no issues with drivers gabbing a drink on their runs since they are fast, depending the time of day and who it is. Food is a different story as it can be long.

i remembered being on the 3w a number of years ago, driver stopped at bloor/runningbrook tim hortons and took him a good 5 minutes to come out

9 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

It's a shame Queen's Park wouldn't subsidize Presto operations. 9% is quite high. Prob higher than the current cash collection. I highly doubt a change in governance would do a thing. 

There's a reason why Adam Giambrone resisted PRESTO so much.

On 4/20/2017 at 0:43 PM, AmanKh said:

1206 with the new city logo, sorry for the photo quality. Many wrapped D40LFs have the smaller logo above the windows behind the front door.

20170420_120856.jpg

Theres quite a few units with the new logos now.

0306, 0308, 0521, 0555, 0560, 0567, 0728, 0821, 1115, 1119, and 1206.

Also 0941 is on the 107 right now.

• Like 1

What is council going to do in a few years when it goes up to 15% let alone 10 or 11%???

The smart card was to do many things as well save money on collection, but this lemon is sucking big time. We have to wait and see how Grand River smart car works out in 2018 as well see what the cost saving is, as it maybe the future regardless what Queen Parks wants.

It may come down to having a class action against all parties related to this lemon since we are pickup up the cost with higher fares.

16 hours ago, noahrp24 said:

Theres quite a few units with the new logos now.

0306, 0308, 0521, 0555, 0560, 0567, 0821, 1115, 1119, and 1206.

Also 0941 is on the 107 right now.

A couple of the 2006s from Malton have them as well.

On 4/19/2017 at 10:26 AM, TheAverageJoe said:

0732 was in an accident last week. from the looks of it may be retired due to its age and damage done to it.

Any details on what happened?

21 hours ago, AmanKh said:

1206 with the new city logo, sorry for the photo quality. Many wrapped D40LFs have the smaller logo above the windows behind the front door.

20170420_120856.jpg

The new logo looks nice on the orion 7. 

31 minutes ago, FlyerLFR said:

Any details on what happened?

Was on the route 5 on Good Friday in the evening near Ogden Ave and Halliday Ave going north, and there was a car cutting it off or something and it swiveled around it and ended up smashing into a tree. At least that's what I heard..