MiWay

Orion VIII

Did you not notice how bad traffic was today? Kinda funny you did not know about the gardener being closed from the 427 to Downtown Toronto.

Many buses were running late in Mississauga and Toronto due to that closure. And.... the same thing will happen tomorrow.

Oh yeah, forgot about that closure.

Sightings for today:

0152 on route 1 DUNDAS

0642 on route 1C DUNDAS-SOUTH COMMON

About the Hurontario service changes, what are you guys all thinking about it? Personally, I don't like it. First off, QE and PCSS students can only take 2 buses, rather the QE students can only take 1 bus now cause 103 doesn't stop near their school. Second, frequency below Queensway by the looks of it will be bad. Third, how the hell are all those buses gonna fit in at Trillium? Let's count: 4 SHERWAY (which desperately requires more frequency), 28 CONFEDERATION, 38 CREDITVIEW and now we're adding to the mess by putting 2 more routes in there! The weekdays are going to be terrible. Already there are problems i.e. when there is a 28 and 2 4's, traffic is blocked, and the main entrance is a thoroughfare for ambulances (not that it has ever been blocked by buses yet). Are they going to change up the bus bays? Any ideas?

plz don't explode at me if my reasons for not liking the changes are outrageous :)

Sightings for today:

0152 on route 1 DUNDAS

0642 on route 1C DUNDAS-SOUTH COMMON

About the Hurontario service changes, what are you guys all thinking about it? Personally, I don't like it. First off, QE and PCSS students can only take 2 buses, rather the QE students can only take 1 bus now cause 103 doesn't stop near their school. Second, frequency below Queensway by the looks of it will be bad. Third, how the hell are all those buses gonna fit in at Trillium? Let's count: 4 SHERWAY (which desperately requires more frequency), 28 CONFEDERATION, 38 CREDITVIEW and now we're adding to the mess by putting 2 more routes in there! The weekdays are going to be terrible. Already there are problems i.e. when there is a 28 and 2 4's, traffic is blocked, and the main entrance is a thoroughfare for ambulances (not that it has ever been blocked by buses yet). Are they going to change up the bus bays? Any ideas?

plz don't explode at me if my reasons for not liking the changes are outrageous :)

The 4 is moving out of the hospital, both directions will stop on street on The Queensway. But I agree with your general point, even with 3 routes (19, 28, 38) still in the hospital there will be conflicts and the layby there doesn't really fit 3 buses.

Then again it is trading one thing for another, taking some of the 19s out of PC GO will free up space there at the expense of space at the hospital.

As for the service changes in general, it's about time changes came to the 19, but I don't think this is the way to go about it. The loads on the 19 branches will probably become even more uneven than they already are.

The 4 is moving out of the hospital, both directions will stop on street on The Queensway. But I agree with your general point, even with 3 routes (19, 28, 38) still in the hospital there will be conflicts and the layby there doesn't really fit 3 buses.

Then again it is trading one thing for another, taking some of the 19s out of PC GO will free up space there at the expense of space at the hospital.

As for the service changes in general, it's about time changes came to the 19, but I don't think this is the way to go about it. The loads on the 19 branches will probably become even more uneven than they already are.

The thing is though, at PC GO, there are 2 spaces for the 19s and the 103 normally lays over behind them. Never are there more than 2 19's at any moment unless they are late. But I still don't understand the logic of this whole change. Its not helpful for people going to PC GO either. I mean if the 103 was every 6-7 and 19 every 9-10 mins. i'd be okay, like, it could be worse. But still, this change is really strange to me. The good thing is that they are taking the 4 outta Trillium. Its a disaster every morning at those intersections! 4 will probably be on schedule more often now.

I've never quite fully understood the logic of all of the 19 branches and their permutations (19A?). Have you seen the schedules at the bus stops with all of the footnotes?! Between the 19A doing the short loop around the block and the long loop all the way to Kennedy along with the 19B, which resulted from axing the 67 CANTAY. The 19C is a useful on Saturdays, with Sunday/Holiday service not being busy enough to warrant any supplemental branches.

If the 19 and school specials can't handle the crowd they may re-examine the corridor south of Queensway in time for the start of the next school year in September. I don't know if they were banking on the warmer weather to lessen some of the demand from the students.

Police hunting suspect in Cooksville bus stabbing

NX-Bus_Stabbing-WS_03___Content.jpg

MISSISSAUGA — A young man has been stabbed this afternoon on a MiWay Transit bus and Peel Regional Police are looking for the attacker.

The incident occurred around 3:10 p.m., near the intersection of Hurontario St. and Queensway.

http://www.mississauga.com/news-story/4492577-updated-police-hunting-suspect-in-cooksville-bus-stabbing/

Just read the 0151-0160 fleet page. It said 0152 and 0154 were kept for replacements for 0303 and 0305, respectively. I thought one of the 2014 miExpress buses was replacing 0305, wasn't sure about 0303.

Also thought 0154 was retired.

Just read the 0151-0160 fleet page. It said 0152 and 0154 were kept for replacements for 0303 and 0305, respectively. I thought one of the 2014 miExpress buses was replacing 0305, wasn't sure about 0303.

Also thought 0154 was retired.

Not quite sure who posted that on the wiki, last time I rode 0154 was back in January, its safety stickers were to expire at the end of March. The last time it was spotted in service by anyone on here was back in March. I think it is safe to say it has been retired for a while now. Plus, the wiki says it is still wrapped for West 50 despite the wrap being removed back in October.

0152 has been spotted numerous times here over the past few weeks and to my surprise, 0152 had its MTO stickers renewed last week for continued service.

Not quite sure who posted that on the wiki, last time I rode 0154 was back in January, its safety stickers were to expire at the end of March. The last time it was spotted in service by anyone on here was back in March. I think it is safe to say it has been retired for a while now. Plus, the wiki says it is still wrapped for West 50 despite the wrap being removed back in October.

0152 has been spotted numerous times here over the past few weeks and to my surprise, 0152 had its MTO stickers renewed last week for continued service.

I updated that 0152 and 0154 was kept was replacement because I was talking to a long time driver about 0152 and 0154 and he told me that they were temporary replacements for 0303 and 0305 due to the fact they retired because of engine fires. I haven't seen 0154 for a while however I have seen 0152 quite often I was even able to ride one of them recently. And yes their stickers were renewed. The Mi Express XD40s I believe are for expansion. Since Hurontario express' frequency is going to be every 10 mins when the service change on may 5th. I will see what happened to 0154 once I get a chance to talk to a driver. Hope this explains it.

I updated that 0152 and 0154 was kept was replacement because I was talking to a long time driver about 0152 and 0154 and he told me that they were temporary replacements for 0303 and 0305 due to the fact they retired because of engine fires. I haven't seen 0154 for a while however I have seen 0152 quite often I was even able to ride one of them recently. And yes their stickers were renewed. The Mi Express XD40s I believe are for expansion. Since Hurontario express' frequency is going to be every 10 mins when the service change on may 5th. I will see what happened to 0154 once I get a chance to talk to a driver. Hope this explains it.

Drivers are frequently wrong/out of the loop for higher level decisions such as these. Unless he knows the head of equipment, I wouldn't take his word as gospel.

Dan

Not Sure where this should go, but does effect MT and all the systems in the GTHA

Western GTA MOVE Taskforce
Report Release “Unlocking Our Gridlock Together”

MISSISSAUGA – May, 15 2014
We are pleased to invite you to the public release of our report

“Unlocking Our Gridlock Together: A Citizens Report on Transit”
WHEN: May 20th 7:30pm
WHERE: University of Toronto Mississauga, Council Chambers (Davis Building)

The Western GTA Move Taskforce is a non-partisan group of citizens from across the Western GTA who want urgent action taken by public officials to address the increasing impact of traffic congestion on our cities and to better plan for our future growth.

This report makes 28 recommendations for all levels of government and Metrolinx on ways to unlock gridlock and encourage growth in our region.

Our group of dedicated community members advocate on behalf of the Western GTA for better integrated transportation systems to help improve the quality of life and the economy for the residents of our area. We support solutions that improve the movement of people and goods throughout our region and to give residents a voice to advocate those positions.

Please join us

Media Contact:
Co-chair Joe Horneck – joehorneck@hotmail.com
Co-chair Jeannette Chau - jchau@sympatico.ca

Twitter: @MissSummi
Facebook: www.facebook.com/#!/MississaugaSummit

Still in draft form and a taste of what to come, as well who behind the report with faces. Names to be on final release.

This link is temporary at this time
http://transiturban.ca/transit/repor...2014-05-20.pdf

Hope members of the board will attend on Tuesday, as the Move Force is looking for feed back from the public.

The Link for Facebook has change to https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/1602772459948214/

Also, Mr Fool is being told hands off on the LRT on Hurontario

http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news-story/4527858-mayoral-hopefuls-to-hudak-hands-off-mississauga-s-lrt/

I am please to post the link to the highrez PDF of the official release report call "Unlocking our Gridlock Together: A Citizen’s Report on Transit" from tonight meet for the Western GTA Summit Taskforce. Its 25m and 50 pages long.

The turn out was smaller than what we hope for, but better than nothing. The 2 mayor candidates for Mississauga were in attendant and asked a few question are well a ward candidate. A regional candidate for Brampton was also in attendant along with media personal and members of the public.

Well received by all and now to sell it to the public as well the various levels of government. From a few feed back on the report sent to various transit personal in the US earlier today, they like the report using the first person and refreshing. Highly commend the group for a prolifically job in preparing this report in a short time with no funding as well bring all voluntarily.

Looking for good and bad review of the report so it can be past on the the group. There will be a more technically report on this report to come by year end with more details on various items left out of this report as well where we go next.

The Star has already posted an write up on the group and the report.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tran...kes_sense.html

The report
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mt4wtn0ju...AL_Highres.pdf

They left out commuters. Group 1: People who don't use it. Group 2: Students, Seniors and businesses.

Would they fall under Group 2 as the employees of the various businesses?

0506 has a case of dissociative desto tonight. Heading west on 35 EGLINTON, the desto read 35E TO SUBWAY while the external announcement said "35 west to Ninth Line". Aren't the two systems supposed to be synched up, ideally to the GPS so that they say/display the same and correct message?

Considering the mess that MiWay has made on Hurontario for commuters and students, do they plan on fixing anything? Hahaha 10 minute service on the 103 but half the time they show up 4-6 minutes late. Its a complete joke! I have to wake up so early to get on the bus, and half the time people are packed like sardines on the bus! I don't know if its right or not, but considering the service changes, can't MiWay replace the 40 footers that run the 19 and 103 with 60 footers. During rush hour only?

I don't mean to irritate anyone, but honestly, how many people actually go to Trillium by bus?

Given the amount of griping about the Hurontario service changes on the @MiWayHelps twitter account I wonder what the reasoning for cutting back service to Trillium was? I'll bet the high school students are none too pleased about it. If they get enough negative feedback, perhaps one of the branches can get sent back down to Port Credit.

My speculation is that either residents in Port Credit complained about "too much traffic" and MiWay justified it as corridor rationalization or (I'm being optimistic here) GO needed the platform for train-meet service on their 21 MILTON route to deal with the Gardiner. They should be able to cope with extra local trains on a Port Credit-Union run.

• ORION locked this topic
  • 1604 unlocked this topic